Sign in to follow this  
strombn

Trade (Talent Scout, Strombn)

Strombn gives 1.07,  7.07,  11.07,  13.10, 17.03,  21.07,  22.06

Talent Scout  gives Julio Rodriguez (with 4.10),  5.11,  11.11,  24.02,  26.02,  27.11,  28.02

I assume 4.10 (where Julio is currently located) is going to strombn as well? 

If not, that breaks this deal since Strombn already has a keeper defined in round 4.

Not really. I am keeping Julio with my 4.10 pick. I think it is semantics though as it really is the same thing either way. 

Don’t our rules push down the earlier round if you have two keepers in the same round?  So, wouldn’t be Julio be his 3rd round keeper and Gunnar his 4th round keeper.

PSU, you’re right however we are in a post keeper state so had this happened before keepers were set that would be true but since keepers are set I already spent my 4th to maintain 2024 control of Julio. 

That's what I wanted to figure out. If Julio and 4.10 stay together, we're good as written. If 4.10 was staying with TS, then strombn needs to surrender his 2ND rounder because he already has Ohtani as a keeper in rd 3 and Gunnar as a keeper in rd 4. Wasn't sure if that was considered. Additionally, if 4.10 was not included, TS would need to send an additional pick to strombn to ensure each team has 30 picks.

Seemed logical that 4.10 was included, but I needed to make sure because a bunch of other side effects come into play if 4.10 was NOT included. 

22 minutes ago, TalentScout said:

PSU, you’re right however we are in a post keeper state so had this happened before keepers were set that would be true but since keepers are set I already spent my 4th to maintain 2024 control of Julio. 

For YOU, that's true. However, there is no rule that states you MUST trade your keeper's draft slot with the player. If strombn's 4th didn't have Gunnar in it, you could trade Julio to him without 4.10 if you wanted to. But for strombn, adding Julio without 4.10 leaves him with 2 keepers in the 4th round with only 1 pick assigned to him. This would actually force Julio into the 2ND ROUND as his pick since he has Ohtani as a keeper in rd 3 and Gunnar in rd 4.

But, I think it's moot. You have (I think) confirmed that 4.10 IS included - correct?