Sign in to follow this  
GobbleDog

Rangers Bruins tonight...

Bet a little money on the game, so I'm streaming it... and quickly realize - the play-by-play announcer is the worst hockey announcer I've ever heard. After Google searches apparently his name is Jack Edwards... whoever that is.

It's hockey, ya have to talk really fast to keep up with the passes and shots. Not Jack Edwards. Doesn't name half the players passing it around because he can't keep up and 20 seconds after the shot he finally says "and that shot went wide" yeah, we know. We saw it 20 seconds ago. Anyone else watching? It's carried by "NESN."

I'm not a hockey buff, but I from what I remember the guy who used to call the Penguins games was my all-time fav.

17 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

I remember the guy who used to call the Penguins games was my all-time fav.

Mike Lange…. He was okay until the Pens scored and then he had to break out one of his completely stupid “Lange-isms”…

Jack's been losing it the last couple of years. You're right, he has trouble keeping up with the action. He also has developed some kind of slurring speech where he just can't enunciate simple words properly. You'd think he had a stroke, but he claims he hasn't, and no doctor can figure out what's wrong with him.

He was replaced for a few game stretch a couple of times this season, but the guy who replaced him was boring as hell. Jack may have lost it, but at least he gets people talking:clap:

59 minutes ago, posty said:

Mike Lange…. He was okay until the Pens scored and then he had to break out one of his completely stupid “Lange-isms”…

Ok just Youtubed it... I remember Lange and he's good, but wasn't the one I was thinking of -  apparently it was Mike Emrick. Don't know why I associated him with Penguins, but in any case Emrick is the greatest.