Sign in to follow this  
Engorgeous George

RMR Storm Nice little river raft

I just ordered an RMR Storm with a rowing platform so I can run it with paddles or oars.  Looking forward to running a few rivers in Montana this summer along with Colorado.  Should be a nice addition to my Ascend, my Kokopeli, and my Jackson.  I think I have all of my different uses covered now.

10.5′ RMR 2-Bay Frame with Low-Back Seat Package/No Boat – Rocky Mountain Rafts

• Like 1

As someone that will spend money on some of the dumbest shiit you can think of I can’t fathom paying $1300 for a focking backrest in my boat

I have rafted most of the major rivers in southern Montana. Some good fishing to be had, although I have heard that the fishing near Bozeman has fallen off due to greatly increased fishing pressure.

The Shoshone, Clark's fork, or wind river in Wyoming are better fishing than anything in Montana.

1 minute ago, cyclone24 said:

As someone that will spend money on some of the dumbest shiit you can think of I can’t fathom paying $1300 for a focking backrest in my boat

If you want to run some whitewater, camp overnight, and do a slight bit of fishing while you do you just might.  Will be hitting the Blackfoot, Yellowstone and Gallentine in this.  Also the Colorado, Poudre, and Arkansas both with the oar system and with paddles.

3 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I have rafted most of the major rivers in southern Montana. Some good fishing to be had, although I have heard that the fishing near Bozeman has fallen off due to greatly increased fishing pressure.

The Shoshone, Clark's fork, or wind river in Wyoming are better fishing than anything in Montana.

But I have never been in the water in Montana, so there is that.  Wyoming I get to as I own property in Story.  I intend to hit idaho next year along with a return to Bella Coola.

6 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

But I have never been in the water in Montana, so there is that.  Wyoming I get to as I own property in Story.  I intend to hit idaho next year along with a return to Bella Coola.

Going with buddies? 

My dad lives in Parker and is looking for a fishing buddy. He knows the story area quite well and can get on private water. We know quite a few land owners in the buffalo/Sheridan area. 

Send a pm if you want me to pass along your details to him.

1 hour ago, Engorgeous George said:

If you want to run some whitewater, camp overnight, and do a slight bit of fishing while you do you just might.  Will be hitting the Blackfoot, Yellowstone and Gallentine in this.  Also the Colorado, Poudre, and Arkansas both with the oar system and with paddles.

Sounds awesome though for sure. 🍻

10 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Going with buddies? 

My dad lives in Parker and is looking for a fishing buddy. He knows the story area quite well and can get on private water. We know quite a few land owners in the buffalo/Sheridan area. 

Send a pm if you want me to pass along your details to him.

Generally go with my brother or college friends.  This year I am planning a shakedown float down the Colorado, then the Poudre before going to run the Gallatin solo for three days.  After that who knows.  The shakedown floats will be with my brother as we have run lots of water together. 

I do like the private water thing.  Trout guys are protective of the best waters.

1 minute ago, cyclone24 said:

Sounds awesome though for sure. 🍻

Just keeping busy in retirement.  Otherwise I might have to talk with my wife.

1 minute ago, Engorgeous George said:

Just keeping busy in retirement.  Otherwise I might have to talk with my wife.

Hah….easy way to fake your death if needed. 
“Yeah poor bastard…never did find him” 

2 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Hah….easy way to fake your death if needed. 
“Yeah poor bastard…never did find him” 

Just bear sh1t and salmon food now.  Maybe feed a few crayfish as well.