Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

2024 NFL Draft Profile - RB Jonathon Brooks

I actually like this kid.

and whoever gets him will get a discount due to the ACL injury.

granted I wouldnt expect a big rookie year due to the injury.  but if I'm drafting him I dont mind having him red shirt the first half of the season and then bring him along slowly when hes not under the microscope.

especially if the line isnt all that good to start (as is the case with some teams)   then sitting wouldnt be a terrible thing while the team takes steps to sort out the line.

I think if he can return to the form I saw on tape, hes got the potential.  I like the way he runs through contact or can weave his way through a very small hole opened up by his blockers.   Thats pro calibre skill.

but like I said, I wouldnt expect anything this year, but next year could be a nice one for him.

It seems like all these top RBs either have already torn an ACL or have major issues with ball security

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

It seems like all these top RBs either have already torn an ACL or have major issues with ball security

yeah, I'm willing to take my chances on the ACL.  its not the career ender it once was unless you tear it multiple times.   But its usually a full 18 month recovery (possibly 24 if complications arise post surgery).  But the Ball security is best left to others unless you are certain pro coaching can fix that issue.

In the past I've found that this issue is coachable in some cases..... but truly it gets corrected around 50% of the time (and that may be generous)    That likely means your player sees a lot of the bench until that issue gets resolved. (if it gets resolved)