Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

So, I am driving the Miata the other day

It's purple now. Like an easter egg. Nobody expects a 6 foot 1, 220 pound guy to be driving a purple Miata, but I am, the other day. Coming up on 2 lanes turn into 1 all of a sudden. Not because I missed a sign, but because police are stopped in the right lane with their lights on. Lane closed.

So, the guy in front of me turns on his blinker, and of a course a nice, normal focking person, lets him in, then another car goes by, and now it's my turn and I am slowly gliding into the lane with my blinker on ...

and the car next to me is not letting me in. I look over my shoulder, ya know to try and point and make sure he sees me, and th cops, and I see this tough guy looking mexican, in some pos 1997 Nissan, prolly his Moms car, pretends like he doesn't see me. It's one focking car length for 15 seconds bro ... traffic stops, almost and I had half a mind to get out and start yelling at the guy. "HEY! WTF! CAN YOU BE COOL FOR HALF A SECOND!" but I didn't have to. Look, here's the deal. I am getting in front of you, whether you like it, or focking not. Stop being an ahole. So, slowly, I nudge in there, and a white guy in truck that was behind my pulls up, prolly saw it all, I stop right away! Wave the guy in, look in the rear view and yell, "See! That's what normal people do!" white guy gives me a thanks wave back at me, we go on our merry way like nothing focking happened, with 2 cars ahead of the Mexican. I don't fock with ppl for no reason, but I DO fock with people when I have good reason.

See how focking easy that was? Did it slow me down at all, not really. Just me being cool to a person I don't even know, because one lane is blocked. i am ahead of you, I know you see me, and my blinker ... and the police lights. My God Mexicans are the worst liars. Pretending like he doesn't see me, he's just being a jerk, he's focking with me. No good reason. But ... You can't win. There are alternatives to fighting.

i usually drive through the hood for my commute out of the city to the burbs, and it always amazes me how people in the hood risk bodily injury and harm to save a single car length and maybe 10 seconds of time. Ridiculous cutting off, sometime just stopping car in right lane of road because they don't want to look for street parking and just double park in a busy street. Not to mention CONSTANT police/ambulance/fire and the school and public buses... Its always mayhem.

Its crazy... but its that and save 5-10 minutes, or sitting in gridlock on the mass pike... sometimes the gridlock is more soothing if i had a real stressful day and i just cant deal with the crazies.

You couldv just ended it at "So i was driving the miata..." That gives us all the ammo we need.