Sign in to follow this  
Vikings4ever

Remember Lawrence Phillips?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/13/lawrence-phillips-accused-of-murdering-his-prison-cellmate/

Lawrence Phillips, the troubled running back who is remembered as one of the great busts in the history of the NFL draft, is accused of murdering his prison cellmate.

Phillips, who is currently serving a 31-year sentence in a California state prison for convictions on charges including auto theft and spousal abuse, has now been named as the suspect in the death of his cellmate, a convicted murderer named Damion Soward.

All you can do is Pray for the young man and that God will soften his heart .

Sure I remember him. He was a central figure of the worst fantasy team I ever drafted.

It was the year he laughed after he missed a block and Steve Young got crushed, ending his career. Another problem with that team is that I'd taken Steve Young in round two rather than a decent RB2.

31 years for auto theft and spousal abuse? I think he might want a new lawyer for these latest charges. :dunno:

31 years for auto theft and spousal abuse? I think he might want a new lawyer for these latest charges. :dunno:

This was to go along with him running down a group of teenagers playing basketball. He decided hitting them with his car was easier. http://www.complex.com/sports/2013/03/the-athletes-with-the-longest-rap-sheets-in-sports-history/lawrence-phillips

While he was in St. Louis, he was known to be an antagonist, always trying to start a fight with someone. Us letting Jerome Bettis go because Phillips was "the man" may have been a mistake. lol

Of all the players Vermeil coached, this is the only one I can recall him saying anything bad about. Coach gave him chance after chance, but Phillips wouldn't make the meetings on time and was even late to games. He simply didn't care.

Weepaws - The time to pray was BEFORE he murdered his cellmate. He's a thug.

This was to go along with him running down a group of teenagers playing basketball. He decided hitting them with his car was easier. http://www.complex.com/sports/2013/03/the-athletes-with-the-longest-rap-sheets-in-sports-history/lawrence-phillips

While he was in St. Louis, he was known to be an antagonist, always trying to start a fight with someone. Us letting Jerome Bettis go because Phillips was "the man" may have been a mistake. lol

Of all the players ###### Vermeil coached, this is the only one I can recall him saying anything bad about. Coach gave him chance after chance, but Phillips wouldn't make the meetings on time and was even late to games. He simply didn't care.

Weepaws - The time to pray was BEFORE he murdered his cellmate. He's a thug.

Wrong . Time to pray is anytime even after someone does something so bad as this .

Luke 5:31&32 Jesus says , They that are whole need not a physician, but they that are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance Amen .

I'll let you pray for him then. I'm praying he gets the death penalty. Had it been your kid he ran down with his car, I highly doubt you would feel much like praying for him. If we would take thugs like this, and behead them in public, I have to think some attitudes would change. It isn't like he made one bad choice. He's made a series of them. In fact, he's made making bad choices his hobby. You can't fix stupid. You can, however, put an end to it.

First thanks for letting me Pray for him that's nice of you huh? . Number two darn right if he killed one of my kids one of my family members or friend or even you or anyone I would want justice , and even to take revenge. But then I would heed to my faith and let God do the work because he can I cant and neither can you .

First thanks for letting me Pray for him that's nice of you huh? . Number two darn right if he killed one of my kids one of my family members or friend or even you or anyone I would want justice , and even to take revenge. But then I would heed to my faith and let God do the work because he can I cant and neither can you .

Jihadi John it is then.

• Like 1

Jihadi John it is then.

Exactly. How can you state he needs prayer, then say you would take revenge and "heed your faith" thereafter?! Thanks for the Bible lesson WeePaws. I have a difficult time believing your God accepts your answer. Take revenge, then it's all good because you and your God are cool? Yeah, that makes tons of sense.

Exactly. How can you state he needs prayer, then say you would take revenge and "heed your faith" thereafter?! Thanks for the Bible lesson WeePaws. I have a difficult time believing your God accepts your answer. Take revenge, then it's all good because you and your God are cool? Yeah, that makes tons of sense.

Because like you I am just human . So would I want revenge yes I would , now would I take revenge no I would not . I would let God do is will . God is everyone's God if you accept it or not , one day we all will be judged by him . Everyone needs prayer everyone . He does the victims family does all those that face life everyday needs prayer . I need a lot of prayer . I walk with God because unlike you I am not a perfect person , I am not even close . We are all human and I share the same hate if someone does wrong to be or someone I know or love . Just like i am you would and everyone else . But I will give my problems to God and let his will be done . Take care brother .