Sign in to follow this  
fanfootballtn

Steve Smith Sr. has 4 broken bones in back, Ravens trade for Chris Givens

The Baltimore Ravens have acquired St. Louis Rams wide receiver Chris Givens for a seventh round draft pick in 2017 according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.
The Ravens are desperate for some speed at the wide receiver position with rookie first round pick Breshad Perriman out for the forseeable future after undergoing knee surgery, second-year wideout Michael Campanaro on injured reserve after suffering a back injury in the Raven's overtime win against the Pittsburgh Steelers Thursday night, Torrey Smith in San Francisco, and veteran Steve Smith Sr. dealing with a back injury. Givens has been effective in the past for the Rams as a deep threat, especially in his rookie year in 2012, but was not getting any looks in the Rams moribund offensive scheme. He has been given only two touches thus far this season.
Still only 25 years old, Givens can also be an effective return man. It would not be shocking to see him carve out a role in the Ravens' offense quickly.

Is Givens worth a pick up? Peeriman had surgery and is out indefinitely. The Ravens have no weapons and their running game suck!

I say yes. Not exactly Torrey Smith threat, but he could break some for tds. It looks like he will be relevant.

Its hard to project any Raven receiver not named Steve Smith being good.

I know. I think Givens has flashed enough ability that he could do a really good Torrey Smith impression there.