Sign in to follow this  
Torn

General Draft Discussion

Kind of a left-handed compliment. Nice pick, ...but he should have gone 3 rounds later. Hmm, ... :unsure: But I get it, WW, ...and I agree. Normally, I wouldn't respond to an outstanding spring campaign like this, with such a big upgrade. But I like the idea of getting a super hot bat into my line-up while Ian Desmond is on the mend. Also, ...I looked at my hitters. Good power, ...but my team speed was mediocre, at best. If Keon stays semi-hot and ups his OBP, his speed could be just what the doc ordered. Without the Desmond injury, ...and the thin outfield, ...I would have let Keon and other OFs sit there another round or two.

actually, wasn't meant to be a left handed compliment at all. I really was hoping to get him in the 12th but not surprised at all to see him go a few rounds earlier in a league with really good owners like this. He's a hot name in fantasy right now.

I, myself, reached on Morales and Gomez back to back. I wanted guys in good situations (hitters parks, strong lineups) to fill out my outfield and I also needed a little speed... hence Gomez. Only difference is I went for some old guys where as Broxton is young and can probably improve leaps and bounds.

The only reason I might have expected a guy like Broxton to go a little later is the keeper aspect. But if he lights it up, a 6th certainly would be worth keeping him at.

actually, wasn't meant to be a left handed compliment at all. I really was hoping to get him in the 12th but not surprised at all to see him go a few rounds earlier in a league with really good owners like this. He's a hot name in fantasy right now.

I, myself, reached on Morales and Gomez back to back. I wanted guys in good situations (hitters parks, strong lineups) to fill out my outfield and I also needed a little speed... hence Gomez. Only difference is I went for some old guys where as Broxton is young and can probably improve leaps and bounds.

The only reason I might have expected a guy like Broxton to go a little later is the keeper aspect. But if he lights it up, a 6th certainly would be worth keeping him at.

Agreed, ...I like Gomez for a rebound. There, ...his ADP is quite a bit later. But you have to watch out for these owners. One of the most painful scoops was McCullers. I was CERTAIN, that I could get him a round or 2 later. I might be mistaken, ...but the newby, ...Tucker, ...is still in his teens. Nice scoop. :doh:

Agreed, ...I like Gomez for a rebound. There, ...his ADP is quite a bit later. But you have to watch out for these owners. One of the most painful scoops was McCullers. I was CERTAIN, that I could get him a round or 2 later. I might be mistaken, ...but the newby, ...Tucker, ...is still in his teens. Nice scoop. :doh:

One of my biggest challenges (and aggravations) in this league is the debate on when to reach for a player. You want to maximize keeper potential (i.e. wait a round or two), but with savvy owners, you often lose your target at the last minute and end up swearing out loud at your computer screen.

One of my biggest challenges (and aggravations) in this league is the debate on when to reach for a player. You want to maximize keeper potential (i.e. wait a round or two), but with savvy owners, you often lose your target at the last minute and end up swearing out loud at your computer screen.

F'n Matt Carpenter...

F'n Matt Carpenter...

LOL - that one REALLY bothered you... Never saw an electronic temper tantrum like that one. If I was in the room with you, I think you would have punched me in the throat. :doh:

I thought you were going to have the last laugh by drafting Puig right after me, and you DID for the one year, but he fizzled...

Carpenter finally had to come off my keeper list this season, but I drafted him again for nostalgia sake, I guess.

LOL - that one REALLY bothered you... Never saw an electronic temper tantrum like that one. If I was in the room with you, I think you would have punched me in the throat. :doh:

I thought you were going to have the last laugh by drafting Puig right after me, and you DID for the one year, but he fizzled...

Carpenter finally had to come off my keeper list this season, but I drafted him again for nostalgia sake, I guess.

Yeah I was so pissed with that pick... I was eyeing him for about 20 picks and counted down to taking him... I was so pumped to take him, then you had to mess it up...

Man I was so mad... If Puig would have panned out that would have eased the pain...

yup mccullers was going to be my pick in the 9th where i took morales. morales was supposed to be my 10th and gomez my 11th

yup mccullers was going to be my pick in the 9th where i took morales. morales was supposed to be my 10th and gomez my 11th

This league is a b*tch! That's why I come back every year. Now, ...there's $$ in play. Yikes! :(

F'n Matt Carpenter...

I vividly remember you---Posty---coming unglued when Matt C got scooped out from under you. And you had to settle for some schmuck, ...who all of us were vaguely following. What was that dude's name?, ....Puig, ...or something like that. :D Geez, ...that guy was a rags-to-riches, ....and back to rags story, ...huh?

By the way, ...off topic, ...I read your reference to CODIS. Yeah, ...CODIS rocks. There is no telling how many lives have been saved by this. With that said, ...few on the planet are aware of how it can be over-utilized, ...and woefully, ....WOEFULLY underutilized. Humans! :wall:

cotton was the next trendy name i was waiting to see fall

Yes, it was only a matter of time. He would not have made out back to me at 12.06.

I think I might be done taking SPs now.

Out here in Washington we've got 50 degree weather. It has been pouring off and on with high winds. But hey I'll take that over 2 feet+ of snow.

That has definitely happened a handful of times to me over the last couple rounds. Missed on Paxton and Keon - this draft definitely gets me ready for my other leagues. Thankfully those are mostly auction leagues so there is less missing out on guys and more over paying for them...

On a side note - Posty, did you guys get hammered with snow in Northern VA today, too?

14.06 will be available for a move down in the 14th and a move up somewhere else. PM if you have a reasonable offer

On a side note - Posty, did you guys get hammered with snow in Northern VA today, too?

Nah... We only got about 4-5" with some sleet and ice mixed in...

Not too bad, but in VA, that's still a challenge ...

Friendly reminder to all to be careful in the draft sheet. The formulas can get munged up pretty bad if they get moved/deleted. Thanks!

Ain't that the truth...

Friendly reminder to all to be careful in the draft sheet. The formulas can get munged up pretty bad if they get moved/deleted. Thanks!

I've been using it since day one to search for payers before I pick. Hopefully in didn't edit something. Don't think i did

Anybody hear from Antonio (Godfather). I sent him the "U R up" text, ...followed by an hour or so later "Will proxy, if you need it" text. No responses yet.

Anybody hear from Antonio (Godfather). I sent him the "U R up" text, ...followed by an hour or so later "Will proxy, if you need it" text. No responses yet.

<crickets>

I was asleep when I got my ur up text last night so maybe he has a snow day and slept in :P

I got to say, kudos to torn and the group... The draft appears to be running a lot smoother with a different one in charge...

Shame on tucker using his phone in school!

Shame on tucker using his phone in school!

No doubt! I snuck in many things in high school, but never a cell phone!!!

Haha. Yes realized he did so during lunch break. I was trying to cover him if delays but alas he had a plan. He also plans to kick my butt in this league. I ALWAYS feel like my draft is crappy but I seem to find a way to be competitive. Crossing my fingers. I'm impressed with this group on how we're moving through the draft. I apologize again for me having delays over the weekend. Tucker and I (plus mom and younger son) took in some Nats spring training games in FL plus we saw 2 WBC games at Marlins Park including DR vs USA. Even though the USA lost, it will be one of the most memorable games I have ever attended. The fans of the DR outnumbered USA at least 80% DR fans. They were so energetic and passionate about their team. I was very very impressed.

Now that is funny!

I don't think cell phones were even thought of then (early '70's), if they were I'm sure I would've been guilty of that too .

Haha. Yes realized he did so during lunch break. I was trying to cover him if delays but alas he had a plan. He also plans to kick my butt in this league. I ALWAYS feel like my draft is crappy but I seem to find a way to be competitive. Crossing my fingers. I'm impressed with this group on how we're moving through the draft. I apologize again for me having delays over the weekend. Tucker and I (plus mom and younger son) took in some Nats spring training games in FL plus we saw 2 WBC games at Marlins Park including DR vs USA. Even though the USA lost, it will be one of the most memorable games I have ever attended. The fans of the DR outnumbered USA at least 80% DR fans. They were so energetic and passionate about their team. I was very very impressed.

Sounds like a good time, I also took my son to Vero Beach when the Dodgers were there and had a blast. I also played fantasy golf with him wjile I was in high school and continued while I was in the Army (we used keepers), more good times!

I also played fantasy golf with him wjile I was in high school

That's impressive

Vince Velasquez :(

That's impressive

I meant with my dad, its early here....

FYI - it looks like our spreadsheet wants the accent on the 'a' in Velasquez. Does this mean that Ghost doesn't get him? :doh: Good pick man.

Was that the Nelson Cruz walk-off?

FYI - it looks like our spreadsheet wants the accent on the 'a' in Velasquez. Does this mean that Ghost doesn't get him? :doh: Good pick man.

There isn't the acute accent in the spreadsheet, all of those should have been removed...

Looks like Velasquez is now safely entered. Not sure who fixed it, but thanks!

These middle rounds are the killers. The sleepers, early keepers, high upside options all start flying off the board. Constant frustration - Iglesias, Puig and Velasquez were all on my radar for next pick.

Velazquez.... :( :(

It was the Cruz 3 run shot that put them ahead for good. Not a walk off but sort of felt that way.