Sign in to follow this  
The Football Guru

Instant Fantasy Analysis - QB Christian Hackenberg, Jets

Was it the change in coach and scheme, a poor college offensive line or a complete loss of confidence in the same abilities that allowed him to be the top quarterback prospect in the country a few years ago? For the Jets' sake, they are hoping it wasn't the scheme change - from Bill O'Brien's pro-style offense to James Franklin's spread (not unlike the one New York OC Chan Gailey runs - that caused Hackenberg to go from a potential No. 1 overall pick in the NFL Draft following the 2013 season to a mid-second round selection in this draft. Hackenberg has top-of-the-draft talent with the ability to make incredible throws, but his 28:21 TD-to-INT ratio during his two years in Franklin's offense is a frightening number for any quarterback prospect. The good news is that Gailey has a very good track record of developing quarterback with far less talent than Hackenberg. His redraft value is uncertain as of now until the contract stalemate with Ryan Fitzpatrick can get resolved, but his landing spot is such that dynasty owners can feel good about spinning a mid-to-late second-round pick on him in rookie drafts.

I think Fitz is finding that the demand for his services is softening.

all the teams in dire need of a QB got one in the draft. I do hope he smartens up and eases up on his salary demands.

Petty was my sleeper QB last year, and Hack was my QB sleeper this year.

Now the Jets have both guys. I think some of those front office guys might be looking through my windows at my draft notes.

all the teams in dire need of a QB got one in the draft.

....except the Cowboys.