Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Any of you collect things or have something that's worth a lot of money?

No they don't. Once my friend told me about how much these were worth I found my old ones and googled them. For ones like the picture I just showed you look at not only the holographic picture on it but also the dates at the bottom of it. Those apparently are indicators for first edition. The words "first edition" don't appear on the cards at all.

again im not the expert. little tana is but everything I read says a 1st edition will have an edition 1 stamp underneath the picture in the middle left of the card. until 1st editions were no longer created

what you have pictured looks like a basic card and non "shadowless"

http://www.ebay.com/gds/First-Edition-Pokemon-Cards-Value-of-your-cards-/10000000177642432/g.html

but since youre the be all end all expert on nerdy trading card games, dont first edition pokemon cards literally say 1st edition under the picture on the left hand side? (my brother used to have some)

Good eye, but that stamp is indicative of a "shadowless" card, which is a rarer sort of misprinted card in the first set. Later prints of he set had the stamp. Or at least I thought that's what it meant, but I saw the article says the opposite so maybe the stamp is shadowless.

Edit: WW is correct, sorry Djgb, it's not shadowless.

again im not the expert. little tana is but everything I read says a 1st edition will have an edition 1 stamp underneath the picture in the middle left of the card. until 1st editions were no longer created

what you have pictured looks like a basic card and non "shadowless"

http://www.ebay.com/gds/First-Edition-Pokemon-Cards-Value-of-your-cards-/10000000177642432/g.html

I do have some first edition cards it seems like. Didn't know there was a little stamp on these. Oh well I've still got a ton that are rare and worth money. As long as I can collect money from them I'm fine

Good eye, but that stamp is indicative of a "shadowless" card, which is a rarer sort of misprinted card in the first set. Later prints of he set had the stamp. Or at least I bought that's what it meant, but I saw the article says the opposite so maybe the stamp is shadowless.

nope, shadowless is smaller print

come on, youre the expert here

nope, shadowless is smaller print

come on, youre the expert here

No your right, I just read a conflicting article so had to dig deeper.

I do have some first edition cards it seems like. Didn't know there was a little stamp on these. Oh well I've still got a ton that are rare and worth money. As long as I can collect money from them I'm fine

people have normal non first edition charmeleon cards listed for 1,500 on ebay.

also this is fun, bringing me back to my childhood when i played the original gameboy game.

I don't see any of these cards, even 1st edition shadowless, being worth more than a few K each and thats IF they are graded 9 or 10

I could care less. As long as I can get some money off these. And I have about 4 of them. So maybe I can get at least 1/8th of this value for one

https://www.etsy.com/listing/481529334/mewtwo-pokemon-card-rare-holo-10102-1995

I would honestly just list them on ebay and try to find a sucker like I apparently did all those years ago. Whoever had that card on etsy is asking 8 grand?

now compare the same card twice here on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-2-Pokemon-Mewtwo-10-102-Holo-Foil-cards-/282404476206?hash=item41c09e552e:g:5GQAAOSw32lY0VnZ

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mewtwo-Original-Rare-Holo-Pokemon-Card-1995-Mewtwo-Rare-Holo-Pokemon-good-A-/162445903601?hash=item25d287c6f1:g:MYwAAOSw4YdYyu7h

1 card for a grand and 2 of the same card for 4 dollars and 25 cents

Yea just doing a quick look through I have about 30+ cards that have the first edition stamp on them. The charizard is just the basic shadowless charizard. All my cards easily have a grade of 8. Possibly 9. Have some other rare cards as well. That charmeleon I have no idea why it's expensive but I saw about 7 of those in my binder. Hell if I just get a thousand for the cards I'd be happy. But I have the potential of getting over $10K with the sheer amount of cards I have along with the rare cards and the legit first edition cards. Hell I have a first edition pikachu which should hopefully bring in a good bit of money cause people go ape sh1t over pikachu. Honesty I thought all of them were first edition cause they were the first cards to be released lol

Yea just doing a quick look through I have about 30+ cards that have the first edition stamp on them. The charizard is just the basic shadowless charizard. All my cards easily have a grade of 8. Possibly 9. Have some other rare cards as well. That charmeleon I have no idea why it's expensive but I saw about 7 of those in my binder. Hell if I just get a thousand for the cards I'd be happy. But I have the potential of getting over $10K with the sheer amount of cards I have along with the rare cards and the legit first edition cards. Honesty I thought all of them were first edition cause they were the first cards to be released lol

supposedly first edition booster packs were labeled as such and limited amounts were made... hence them being more collectible. Then the regular cards were made so everything on them is the same in terms of dates and all that and obviously many more of those were made.

After looking up a bunch on ebay and texting my bro to see what kind of cards he has, I'd be really shocked if your entire collection fetched anywhere close to 10K or even 1k honestly. I mean I hope you sell them and make a lot of money but you see people posting non 1st edition charmeleons for 1500, then you go to the sold listings and its like 3 dollars max.

my bro sent me pictures of a 1st edition Machamp and you see it listed for 3k or best offer and then you see one listed for 7 dollars. :lol: and a factory sealed one for 20 dollars. couple more in the 2k range, then one for 200 dollars. All over the map. Advanced search: sold listings: no more than 7 dollars.

Plus you'd have to pay to have them PSA graded like sports cards to prove they are 9 or 10.

supposedly first edition booster packs were labeled as such and limited amounts were made... hence them being more collectible. Then the regular cards were made so everything on them is the same in terms of dates and all that and obviously many more of those were made.

After looking up a bunch on ebay and texting my bro to see what kind of cards he has, I'd be really shocked if your entire collection fetched anywhere close to 10K or even 1k honestly. I mean I hope you sell them and make a lot of money but you see people posting non 1st edition charmeleons for 1500, then you go to the sold listings and its like 3 dollars max.

my bro sent me pictures of a 1st edition Machamp and you see it listed for 3k or best offer and then you see one listed for 7 dollars. :lol: and a factory sealed one for 20 dollars. couple more in the 2k range, then one for 200 dollars. All over the map. Advanced search: sold listings: no more than 7 dollars.

Plus you'd have to pay to have them PSA graded like sports cards to prove they are 9 or 10.

Well that's focking gay

Lol even funnier is a nerd with a hundred bucks back then giving it Willy nilly to WW as a little kid for something worth a fraction of that. Probably the biggest lie Iv ever heard in my life really, nothing else comes close. There's just nothing remotely plausible about it. WW will go to the grave defending it. I write like 5 pages of logistical and factual reasons why the story makes no sense.

Real talk, what if I told you I sold a $1 can of Arizona ice tea to a convenience store clerk for $10? Would you not call me out?

I remember seeing them in collectibles stores for at least $50 back in the day.

You have to remember that in the pre internet days, finding something to buy was hard.

I have no trouble buying that he fleeced some nerd. Hell, I'm sure I vastly overpayed for certain cards.

can we drop the gay azz pokemon talk?

With all the old timers here I refuse to believe no one has a good old fashioned stamp collection.