Sign in to follow this  
Blitzen

How are your keepers doing?

Bonds: has not played yet and now being investigated

Sheets: has been Mulder-like with injuries since the beginning of the season. not back until May 21st at least.

Perez: ERA above 8; although as soon as I trade him, he'll become an All-Star (like last year after I dropped him following his horrid start) so he'll stay on until he figures himself out or destroys my season.

Chavez: can't hit to save his life although slow starts are par for the course for him

Abreu: about the only keeper who has shown some value to date.

Soriano - Back to hitting for power and stealing bases. His OBP is worse than Pete Incaviglia's in a bad year though.

Sheffield - His usual dominant self, one of the few bats on the Suckees that seems to be working

Kerry Wood - :lol: :D :P :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Oswalt - As soon as he gets the ERA down to his xERA levels, he'll be dominant

Clemens - Dominant as always, the guy is a medical marvel. At this rate, he can pitch another two years. His velocity is in the mid 90's and he's still a horse.

Todd Helton - .407-3-13-1 - Not good. The last 5 years, the lowest OBP is .429 for him and he hasn't hit below .300 in any full season, yet he is hitting .291. Hopefully he will come out of it, but the Rockies are really terrible and he doesn't have protection. Why pitch to him.

Scott Rolen - .350-4-18-0 - Last year was a career year and you can't expect those numbers again, but hitting in that lineup, I was hoping for more RBI and HR. If he can get up to his 162-game averages, that will be great, but he has to stay healthy and his early injury problems is troublesome.

Carlos Lee - .316-5-24-2 - Well the switch to the NL caused him to get off to a very slow start (.215BA-3-14). This month he is hitting .387-2-10, so hopefully he is on track and post the .300BA-30-100 numbers again he did last year.

Mike Mussina - 3-2, 3.60, 1.47 - Pitched well the last two games, but who doesn't against the A's and Devil Rays. His velocity is down and he is much more hitable. Hopefully he can get the WHIP down and keep the ERA under 4, but it will probably end up over 4 and 1.35 with the K's down. Not good for a keeper.

Francisco Rodriguez - 1-1, 8 Sv, 1.93, 0.57 - 1 BB/19 K in 14 IP. Great numbers and nothing to complain about. This is actually one of the keepers that has done what I had hoped.

Pujols is being very Pujolsish.

Pudge is being very Pudgy

Aramis is struggling a bit and trying not to get his groin ripped off his bones like nomah. Even so his stats are ok so far.

Beltran has been good other than he only has ONE stolen base so far. I wonder if his running days are now past? Me hopes not, but we'll see.

Zambrano has done well. Leads my staff in K's. Hopefully his arm doesn't fall off any time soon. :ph34r:

Santana--an unfortunate recent tendency to give up 3-4 hits in a game, 2-3 of them being HR, but the Twins are picking him up well and his WHIP and K/BB are outstanding. Performing like the best pitcher in the game.

Renteria--still struggling, now dinged up. Hasn't figured out the Fen yet, I don't think; he should be richocheting balls off the wall on a regular basis. Not too worried yet, but so far it's been disappointing.

Beltre--also disappointing, but while Reed has shown excellent plate discipline, he's not drawing a lot of walks or getting anything in the way of extra bases, so if Ichiro makes out it seems like pitchers are giving him nothing to hit. Beltre is striking out way too many times, IMO trying to justify his contract and help a team that is struggling offensively. Like Renteria, I don't expect this to last.

Gagne-- :mad: :rolleyes: :blink:. Always nice to have your two closers on the DL pretty much from Day One. Burgos has been pretty sweet in limited duty, but KC never gets a closing chance. It'll be interesting to see what happens to Affeldt if Burgos continues to pile up the Ks. He came in yesterday with the bases loaded and one out, and struck out two O's to end the inning. Anyway, I'm heartened by this:

Gagne needed just 13 pitches to get through his one inning of work with Triple-A Las Vegas on Sunday, as he retired the side with three consecutive strikeouts.

:unsure:

M Young--started out hot, has definitely cooled, but is still producing counting stats well in that lineup. And Texas players tend to really heat up in June and July, so I'm currently satisfied.

Zambrano has done well. Leads my staff in K's. Hopefully his arm doesn't fall off any time soon. :ph34r:

I was following his game yesterday; I had him as a starter in the SportsBuff salary cap game. According to CBS, after 130+ pitches he was finishing off the last man for the complete game with 98MPH fastballs. :lol: :banana:

So yes, I'd say his arm will be falling off soon. :lol:

Well I was gonna skip Perez for his next start so I guess that makes it more official. His arm should fall off his shoulder any time now. Then he can form a 12-step club with Bagwell.

Zambrano has done well.  Leads my staff in K's.  Hopefully his arm doesn't fall off any time soon.  :ph34r:

I was following his game yesterday; I had him as a starter in the SportsBuff salary cap game. According to CBS, after 130+ pitches he was finishing off the last man for the complete game with 98MPH fastballs. :thumbsdown: :thumbsup:

So yes, I'd say his arm will be falling off soon. :wall:

May 15 Carlos Zambrano will undergo a precautionary MRI on his right elbow on Monday. The Cubs' right-hander had to leave Saturday's game against the Nationals in the fourth inning because of lateral forearm tightness. "It's nothing to worry about," Zambrano told MLB.com. "It's not a cramp, but a tired arm, fatigue. I will try to do the best possible to be on my schedule and not miss any starts."

Views: Nope, we're not worried at all. Pitchers routinely throw 136 pitches one Saturday, then get an extra day off during the week, warm up for the following Saturday's game and then have it delayed for two hours and 40 minutes because of rain. That's pretty normal stress for an arm. In case you missed the sarcasm, fantasy owners should be a little concerned and should strongly consider leaving him on the pine this week.

this was tough to predict...

no, the 136 pitches had nothing to do with it. he just emails too much. :P

Harden - Pretty good but got hurt

Manny - good

Dunn - great

Hudson - great

Too bad I can't draft worth a damn.

Thank you Victor Martinez! <_<

Harden - Pretty good but got hurt

Manny - good

Dunn - great

Hudson - great

Too bad I can't draft worth a damn.

Thank you Victor Martinez! :(

I traded EFocker three of his keepers. Blalock, Harden, Dunn.

I'm an excellent trader. :-B