Sign in to follow this  
Skinny_Bastard

LT slowing down?

Pitt run D makes plenty of RBs look that way... LT is just fine & will have monster #'s at the end of the year as normal...& no, I do not own him in any leagues...

Guest ramrock11

Lets see ablout that the next 5 games for the chargers goes like this

Sf,Kc,StlL, CLEV, Cin.

not a Lt owner but i do have Turner

NO WAY! He looks fine. When LT is in the game the PITT D continually brought more guys to cover the run and when Turner was in the backfield they played the pass.

LT had 21 touches and San Diego just beat the defending world champs. LT was the centerpiece of the offense and Pitt covered him all day leaving a zone pass defense for Phillip Rivers to pick apart.

That guys a beast and there is nothing to worry about with him.

I personally think he's starting to lose a little something.

Turner looks much more explosive to me and I've seen most of the there games so far.

I'm not saying that Turner is a better back or anything - I just think he runs tougher and is harder to bring down than LT.

I'm not an LT owner but if I were - I would be very worried after seeing Turner get the late carries on first and second goal from the five.

Plus it seams like every time I watch a Chargers game I see Turner bust a long run.

In conclusion - I think if you're a LT owner you should be a little worried.

Not panicked - but worried...

I personally think he's starting to lose a little something.

Turner looks much more explosive to me and I've seen most of the there games so far.

I'm not saying that Turner is a better back or anything - I just think he runs tougher and is harder to bring down than LT.

I'm not an LT owner but if I were - I would be very worried after seeing Turner get the late carries on first and second goal from the five.

Plus it seams like every time I watch a Chargers game I see Turner bust a long run.

In conclusion - I think if you're a LT owner you should be a little worried.

Not panicked - but worried...

I am (An LT2 owner), and i am not (worried).

Last year against the Steelers- he had 60 yards. the rest of his year was pretty fruitful. This year he had limited produciton as well, but will do fine the rest of the year.

The Steelers Defense just does that to teams- makes great backs look very average. He'll be fine this year, better than fine. he'll average 20 a game from, here on out. not worried at all- he's already played Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

I am a LT owner.

And my reasoning behind my thoughts were his numbers really tailing off since December of 2005.

Here are his numbers for the month of December last year.

Att Yds TD

vs Oak 25 86 0

vs Mia 21 75 0

vs Ind 24 76 0

vs KC 14 47 0

vs Den 19 92 1

And here are his numbers this year..

vs Oak 31 131 1

vs Ten 19 71 2

vs Bal 26 98 0

vs Pitt 13 36 0

In his last 9 games he only have 1 game where he rushed over 100 yards and it took 31 attempts!!!

He also isn't getting the reception like he used to in his career. Not going to take any chances, might look to trade him this week.

I am (An LT2 owner), and i am not (worried).

Last year against the Steelers- he had 60 yards. the rest of his year was pretty fruitful. This year he had limited produciton as well, but will do fine the rest of the year.

The Steelers Defense just does that to teams- makes great backs look very average. He'll be fine this year, better than fine. he'll average 20 a game from, here on out. not worried at all- he's already played Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

That didn't bother you seeing Turner get goal line carries while LT was in the game?

That doesn't bother you that Turner averages 3 yards more per carry than LT?

That doesn't bother you that LT only has 59 rushing yards more than Turner?

You're telling me that none of that has you the least bit worried?

I think you're a liar...

Again - I'm not saying that LT is now a good third fantasy RB - I'm sure he's still top five

But I would be worried if I were you. Be honest man - it's ok.

I am a LT owner.

And my reasoning behind my thoughts were his numbers really tailing off since December of 2005.

Here are his numbers for the month of December last year.

Att Yds TD

vs Oak 25 86 0

vs Mia 21 75 0

vs Ind 24 76 0

vs KC 14 47 0

vs Den 19 92 1

And here are his numbers this year..

vs Oak 31 131 1

vs Ten 19 71 2

vs Bal 26 98 0

vs Pitt 13 36 0

In his last 9 games he only have 1 game where he rushed over 100 yards and it took 31 attempts!!!

He also isn't getting the reception like he used to in his career. Not going to take any chances, might look to trade him this week.

Am i the only one concern about his drop off in production??? :(

Okay I'll bite.....

SD just played Pitt and Baltimore in back to back weeks. Two of the biggest run-stoppers in the league. His production was expected to go down a little the past two weeks. LT2 faces the Chiefs twice, Oakland, Rams, Bengals, Bills, Browns, and Cardinals coming up.

Okay I'll bite.....

SD just played Pitt and Baltimore in back to back weeks. Two of the biggest run-stoppers in the league. His production was expected to go down a little the past two weeks. LT2 faces the Chiefs twice, Oakland, Rams, Bengals, Bills, Browns, and Cardinals coming up.

What I'm talking about has nothing to do with the defenses he's played or will play. Yes, i agree it gets easier.

I'm talking about the fact that Turner is stealing touches (valuable touches) and he seams to look better than LT at this point. The only garbage time for Turner came in the first game against Oakland but the rest have been against the same defenses that LT is running against. Turner is an explosive back that will take away from LT -

I'll bet money on it. That's what I'd be worried about if I were an LT owner - Turner not the defenses.

I feel that if you could take the year end numbers it will be LT = 2/3 and Turner = 1/3 of the total Chargers RB totals. That's the worried I'm talking about.

Are you on drugs?

No i am not. The fact is, he is averaging 3.7 yards per carry in his last 9 NFL games is troubling. His career average is 4.3. This is a very steep drop off...

This might be the MAIN reason turner is getting more carries.

Too early to start worrying... and I don't think you were in weeks 1 and 2. Let's see hwo the next couple fo games against lesser defenses pan out before you say he is slowing down.

My take: he was slowed down (by two very good run defenses), not is slowing down.

PS - Turner may vulture his numbers a bit... but I'd rather have that and have LT down the fantasy stretch... something that hasn't happened in the last two years. It's a blessing in disguise.

These are good questions - As an LT owner I personally am starting to doubt his competitive "leave me the f-- in there!" nature. He's already said that Turner can be better at running out the clock and pounding the ball. I'm not sure LT of 2 years ago would've ever said that.

By the way, anyone out there thinking of LT/Turner both against the 49ers?? It could be 28-0 by half, and I could easily see both of them getting 100+

oh stop it. LT is going to be fine.

<_< Reminded me of what my Grandma would say when she would try and break up fights between me and my brothers.

Im not even slightly worried unless your in a keeper league and your looking 2-3 years from now. ESPECIALLY in a PPR league.....what better options are available?

Pitt usually does a good job in slowing down LT2 but it does seem like the Chargers are putting in the burner more often then any of us thought. They are trying to save LT2 for later in season/playoffs so he doesn't get those end of the regular season injuries that hurt their chances of getting a playoff spot and that hurt us fantasy owners like last year. He's still going to put up very good numbers.

I just offerd Palmer Jordan Coles and Deuce for LT and Hasselbeck in a keeper league

I have McNabb so Palmer is just sitting there, still have Addai and Edge as RB, and Smith and d-Jack at WR

I still thin he will be ok

At the end of last year, he was playing many of those games with focked up ribs, too.

Pitt run D makes plenty of RBs look that way... LT is just fine & will have monster #'s at the end of the year as normal...& no, I do not own him in any leagues...

I can tell you're not a LT owner because LT only scored 1 TD in the final 5 weeks of last season. He was a bit dinged up but he was also really running out of gas.

That being said the PITT D doesnt make plenty of RB's look like scrubs. They obviously planned their whole DEF around stopping the run and forcing Rivers to beat them.

Rivers just happened to step up to the challenge...

I have LT, and he does look just very slightly slower. Not sure why, and no, I'm not worried. SD had Turner in there in the 2nd half because he is a monster, and his running style was more effective moving the pile. PIT stacked the box against LT and dared Rivers to beat them with the pass, which he did. That happens in football when the defense doesn't respect the pass. LT is a cut and dart explosive runner, and there just wasn't any running room for his style against an awesome PIT defense. LT will be fine the rest of the season since BAL and PIT are out of the way.

I have LT, and he does look just very slightly slower. Not sure why, and no, I'm not worried. SD had Turner in there in the 2nd half because he is a monster, and his running style was more effective moving the pile. PIT stacked the box against LT and dared Rivers to beat them with the pass, which he did. That happens in football when the defense doesn't respect the pass. LT is a cut and dart explosive runner, and there just wasn't any running room for his style against an awesome PIT defense. LT will be fine the rest of the season since BAL and PIT are out of the way.

Yah I'd be concerned more with Turner then LT running out of gas. Obviously LT isn't the same back he was when he was 23 but he's still the best back in the league. Turner getting more carries is both a blessing and a hinder though. On the plus side Turner getting more carries will keep LT fresh coming down the stretch. On the other hand Turner is obviously eating into LT's current fantasy production and will continue to do so.

At the end of last year, he was playing many of those games with focked up ribs, too.

Yeah, he was cheap-shotted in the Oakland game last year - punched in the ribs on the bottom of a pile. Unfortunately for the Chargers, he tried to play through the injuries and cost his team some games down the stretch. He looked pretty good in Oakland this year, though.

That being said, Turner might be one of the top 5 backs in the AFC, so he'll obviously continue to get carries.

From Rotoworld

I'm not a LT owner but I wouldn't be too concerned as I think that you will still got top 5 RB numbers out of him. Hell if you have a flex you now could start Turner in the flex and get nice numbers there as well.

Michael Turner-RB- Chargers Oct. 9 - 12:15 am et

Chargers backup running back Michael Turner had 56 yards on 11 carries in Week 5.

He's being utilized to reduce to burden on starter LaDainian Tomlinson. San Diego had both backs on the field a number of times, splitting Tomlinson out wide. Turner remains an essential handcuff to Tomlinson, but is also worth a roster spot for those without the league's best back.

LaDainian Tomlinson-RB- Chargers Oct. 9 - 12:09 am et

Though he had 34 yards on eight receptions, running back LaDainian Tomlinson rushed for only 36 more on 13 carries in Week 5.

Backup RB Michael Turner was used in an effort to reduce his carries, and Tomlinson at times split out wide while Turner was in the backfield. This is no time to panic for owners of Tomlinson, especially since a future reduction in carries should increase his reception totals.

No i am not. The fact is, he is averaging 3.7 yards per carry in his last 9 NFL games is troubling. His career average is 4.3. This is a very steep drop off...

This might be the MAIN reason turner is getting more carries.

Week 1:

L. Tomlinson 131 yds Rushing 18 yds Receiving 1 TD

Week 2:

L. Tomlinson 71 yds Rushing 50 yds Receiving 2 TDs

Week 3:

Bye

Week 4:

L. Tomlinson 98 yds Rushing

Week 5:

L. Tomlinson 36 yds Rushing 34 yds Receiving

I repeat are you on drugs? One bad game. BIG WHOOP!! Maybe he should have 200 yards rushing, 200 yards receiving and 200 TDs a game.

Ok people, let's be a little bit real here for a second. The guy has been a victim of a few things...

1.) They blew out the first two opponents that they played. The guys still had well over 100 total yards in both games & 2 TD's per game. All the while not playing the 4th quarter in both games. Not to mention he was 2 yards away from 100 yrds Vs Balt. The guys still had over 20 touches last night including 8 rec.

2.) Until yesterday, Shatyourpantzi has not allowed Rivers to throw the frigging ball. After last nights performance, the shackles will be lifted from Rivers meaning not as many 8 man fronts.

3.) Turner is doing all of us LT owners a favor. By not running LT into the frigging line 30 + times a game, SD is saving us all from LT breaking down come Dec.

4.) The only reason SD put Turner in the backfield last night was so LT would line-up at WR & draw Troy Palamalo away from the line of scrimage. Thus SD was running against 7 man fronts rather than 8 & 9 man fronts.

Get ready LT owners. The next 5 weeks are going to be wonderfull!! :shocking:

Wow you thought at this point in the season turner would have gotten this many carries.... :shocking:

Yep. And I'm hoping by about week 14 the Chargers will sit LT2 entirely.

:thumbsdown:

As an LT and Turner owner I am glad Turner is getting some carries. I would love to see the Chargers use LT like the Eagles use Westbrook. 15-18 carries a game, 5-9 receptions a game, 140 ish total yards and lots of TD's. I love the formation they used when the had LT in the slot and Turner in the backfield. LT has proven he can catch 100 passes in a year. I think he will be an effective player for more years to come if he has 250 carries and 100 receptions a year than if he gets 370 carries a year. I drafted Turner because I thought he would be playing somewhere else next year, but I am starting to think he might stay in San Diego for a long time.