Sign in to follow this  
edytwinky

Fantasy Commish Question: How Do You Schedule a 12 Team League?

We're going from a 14 team league to a 12 team league. Playoff go from Week 14-16.

If everybody plays each other once, how do you guys go about scheduling the two other games and deciding who plays who twice?

We're going from a 14 team league to a 12 team league. Playoff go from Week 14-16.

If everybody plays each other once, how do you guys go about scheduling the two other games and deciding who plays who twice?

In our 12 team league, we use Yahoo for our scoring system and actually Yahoo and not myself as commissioner determines who plays whom twice. If you don't use Yahoo, you as commish could randomly determine who plays whom twice and I wouldn't think the owners would have a problem with that.

Well I notice on Yahoo Plus leagues, you are allowed divisions.

Do they make those two extra games as divisional games?

Well I notice on Yahoo Plus leagues, you are allowed divisions.

Do they make those two extra games as divisional games?

We just use the free league and not the Plus league so I'm sorry, I couldn't help you out.

Random: pull teams out of a hat until a sufficient schedule is created.

Standings: Use last year's standings to divide teams in to groups of 3 where they play each other. So, #1, #2, and #3 play each other; #4, #5, and #6; etc..

DC to the rescue.....

12-Team Fantasy League Schedule

BASIC SETUP: Teams placed in three (A,B,C) four-team divisions; teams meet divisional opponents twice and out-of-division foes once in a 14-week regular season; the three division winners, plus a wild-card team, make the playoffs.

WEEK 1

A1 at B3

B1 at C3

C1 at A3

A2 at B4

B2 at C4

C2 at A4

WEEK 2

C4 at A2

A3 at B1

A4 at B2

B3 at C1

B4 at C2

C3 at A1

WEEK 3

C2 at B2

B3 at A3

C3 at A4

C4 at B4

B1 at A1

C1 at A2

WEEK 4

C1 at C4

C2 at C3

B1 at B4

B2 at B3

A1 at A4

A2 at A3

WEEK 5

A3 at A1

A4 at A2

B3 at B1

B4 at B2

C3 at C1

C4 at C2

WEEK 6

A1 at C2

A2 at B1

B2 at C1

A3 at C4

A4 at B3

B4 at C3

WEEK 7

A2 at B3

A3 at C2

C1 at A4

C3 at B2

B4 at A1

C4 at B1

WEEK 8

C3 at C4

C1 at C2

B3 at B4

B1 at B2

A3 at A4

A1 at A2

WEEK 9

A1 at C1

B2 at A2

C2 at B1

A3 at C3

A4 at B4

B3 at C4

WEEK 10

B2 at A3

C1 at B4

C2 at B3

C4 at A1

C3 at A2

B1 at A4

WEEK 11

B4 at B1

B3 at B2

A4 at A1

A3 at A2

C4 at C1

C3 at C2

WEEK 12

A1 at A3

A2 at A4

B1 at B3

B2 at B4

C1 at C3

C2 at C4

WEEK 13

A1 at B2

A2 at C2

B1 at C1

B4 at A3

B3 at C3

A4 at C4

WEEK 14

A2 at A1

A4 at A3

C2 at C1

C4 at C3

B2 at B1

B4 at B3

WEEK 15

*(Wild-card team's record is compared to the division winners' and it is award a seed between 2nd and 4th).

No. 4 seed at No. 1 seed

No. 3 seed at No. 2 seed

WEEK 16

Championship

Hope this helps. :dunno:

Well a majority of my users want to go with Yahoo and unfortunately you can't customize your schedule. So I was wondering in the Plus league if you split into divisions, if the extra games are within the division.

We have 4 divisions with 3 teams in each. You play the teams in your divisions twice and every other team once. 8 teams in playoffs with the division winners being the top 4 seeds and the others fill in the spots. We keep our divisions the same from year to year.

we have 3 divisions with 4 teams each. you play everyone in your division twice and everyone else one time. there will be one team that you do not play at all since the superbowl is in week 16.

You could fix that problem of not playing a particular team by playing a doubleheader. That's what we do and it's pretty cool. A big swing in the standings and it's a cool wrinkle to be playing two teams at once. We do it week 11 after the bye weeks have ended.

I have my league in 3 Division of 4 teams each. Teams play each divison opponent twice & each other opponent once. This takes us thru week 14, playoffs are weeks 15, 16, & 17.

I know many people don't like week 17 superbowls, but that's the only way to have a fair schedule with 12 teams.

My league does schedules two "Position Weeks". After week six is complete, week seven we have based on standings, a position week where

Team 1 vs 2, 3 vs 4, 5 vs 6...... so on and so on.

After week 11, we do the same thing based on standings. Its kind on nice especially the last week cause if your in the middle of the pack you get a chance to play your competition and win your in lose your out.

My league is 2 divisions, play everyone in you division twice, the balance of the games against the "other" division opponents are determined randomly by the software.

my league uses three 4-team divisions where you play your division twice and everyone else once, and 4 teams make the playoffs in weeks 15 and 16.

this is assuming yahoo will setup your schedule the same way but you would hope that it would if it is worth a shat.

if you are determined to have more than 4 playoff teams and don't want to play week 17, then one option is to make four 3-team divisions (not three 4-team as stated above). with four 3-team divisions, it works out to you playing the other two teams in your division twice and everyone else once in 13 weeks. that would give you 4 division winners and you can figure out you wildcards however you do it.

i personally prefer the 4-teams in the playoffs in weeks 15 and 16

but if you really want more than 4 playoff teams in weeks 14-16 then this is an option

hopefully yahoo sets up the schedule right whichever way you choose