Sign in to follow this  
Dashow28

Vincent Jackson's Value

What's his trade value at this point? I'm in a situation where there's a great chance I will make the playoffs. I have some RB depth that I wanted to offer the V-Jack owner but I'm unsure of his value. Myabe a RB2 or RB3? With trade deadlines approaching soon for most leagues I obviously want to try and get him now, if I can. Just curious what others think his value is at this point. I apologize if this should be on the A Little Help board, but I thought this was something a lot of owners would be wondering about and would want to talk about.

What's his trade value at this point? I'm in a situation where there's a great chance I will make the playoffs. I have some RB depth that I wanted to offer the V-Jack owner but I'm unsure of his value. Myabe a RB2 or RB3? With trade deadlines approaching soon for most leagues I obviously want to try and get him now, if I can. Just curious what others think his value is at this point. I apologize if this should be on the A Little Help board, but I thought this was something a lot of owners would be wondering about and would want to talk about.

Why would anyone give him to you for a RB 3?

RB 2.......depends.

I own him and I'm not selling for a RB 3, that's fo sho.

I just got him straight up for Fred Jackson straight up. He was my RB3/flex. I traded him to a guy who picked him up 2 weeks ago and is hurting at RB. I just have to think that he will do well. They have nice matchups. Rivers is a machine. Apparently he is in a contract year, so that means he will play harder, according to what Ive been reading. I bet that he ends up as a solid top-20 WR and a WR2 on any team.

Why would anyone give him to you for a RB 3?

RB 2.......depends.

I own him and I'm not selling for a RB 3, that's fo sho.

That's why I'm trying to figure out his value. A guy in my league has him but is kinda hurting at his 3rd RB slot. He's got a struggling Deangelo Williams and M. Lynch there right now and he's not happy. I got Ryan Torain and thought of offering him for V-Jack straight up. I would think Torain has more value than Fred Jackson (who the previous poster just traded to get V-Jack).

I would think vjax would have a lot higher upside potential that torain especially with portis coming back

What's his value in a 12 team non ppr keeper? Guy wants a third round draft pick for him. I have Rivers and sitting at 6-3

I am very high V Jax for the stretch run. He is playing for a contract and reports are his looks fantastic in practice. he will be a top 10 wr from week 12 on. as for value rb2 would be about right and in a keeper league def make a trade for him. It will be the Rivers/Gates/VJax Show when week 12 come and they push for the playoffs

Vjax is a top 10 WR from week 12 on...Look at SD wrs. He is 27 and in his prime. Looking for a contract. I would trade a lot for him. mark this post. Idiots.

I think all you VJax lovers will be in for a rude awakening when he shows up on the inactive list every week due to a "coach's decision". :ninja:

I think all you VJax lovers will be in for a rude awakening when he shows up on the inactive list every week due to a "coach's decision". :ninja:

Perhaps.......but thus far the coach has had nothing but laudatory praise for VJ since he started practicing with the team again. Said he looked fast and explosive.....catching everything thrown his way. He could very help many owners during playoff time, especially if Gates and/or Floyd continue to struggle with injury. We already know that Rivers doesn't care about anything but winning, and knows how to find VJ long and deep.

A Chargers homer in my league just proposed (and it was accepted) Schaub for VJax straight up.

He's left w/ Fitzpatrick or WW qbs for the rest of the season.

A Chargers homer in my league just proposed (and it was accepted) Schaub for VJax straight up.

He's left w/ Fitzpatrick or WW qbs for the rest of the season.

Fitzpatrick > Schaub

HTH

Perhaps.......but thus far the coach has had nothing but laudatory praise for VJ since he started practicing with the team again. Said he looked fast and explosive.....catching everything thrown his way. He could very help many owners during playoff time, especially if Gates and/or Floyd continue to struggle with injury. We already know that Rivers doesn't care about anything but winning, and knows how to find VJ long and deep.

You're forgetting 2 things:

1. SD is currently blowing away the rest of the NFL in passing (without Jackson).

2. Chargers ownership ain't real happy with Jackson, and they tend to hold grudges.

Also, by "coach's decision" I meant "owner's decision"

I disagree 100% with pimptastic69's post.

AJ Smith is a tight-fisted, I'm-in-charge type GM, but it is a total stretch to say that he or the SD mananagement holds a grudge here. I'm fact, I've read that Smith has welcomed V Jax back - especially commenting on how good of shape he was in.

I've tried to acquire him at a reasonable price in every league I possibly could, and I have no intention of trying to trade him! IMO, V Jax will be fantasy gold for my play-off run.

What you people don't seem to realize is that AJ Smith doesn't decide who plays on gameday and who gets how many balls thrown his way.

I disagree 100% with pimptastic69's post.

AJ Smith is a tight-fisted, I'm-in-charge type GM, but it is a total stretch to say that he or the SD mananagement holds a grudge here. I'm fact, I've read that Smith has welcomed V Jax back - especially commenting on how good of shape he was in.

I've tried to acquire him at a reasonable price in every league I possibly could, and I have no intention of trying to trade him! IMO, V Jax will be fantasy gold for my play-off run.

The guy can't even be active for another 3 weeks. You're honestly going to trust your potential playoff run with a malcontent WR that hasn't played all year? :wacko:

The guy can't even be active for another 3 weeks. You're honestly going to trust your potential playoff run with a malcontent WR that hasn't played all year? :wacko:

Yup. And it is not a potential play-off run. I WILL be in the playoffs and I will most likely be the champion.

Obviously you do not read my blog.

Yup. And it is not a potential play-off run. I WILL be in the playoffs and I will most likely be the champion.

You go, sport. :headbanger:

Can't say I've ever heard of it. :dunno: , and I prolly won't read it anyway, so don't bother with the link. :mellow:

You're forgetting 2 things:

1. SD is currently blowing away the rest of the NFL in passing (without Jackson).

2. Chargers ownership ain't real happy with Jackson, and they tend to hold grudges.

Also, by "coach's decision" I meant "owner's decision"

Number 1 is true. Number 2 is BS you pulled out of nowhere.

SD is about winning football games. VJax can help with that. He'll play.

AJ Smith is not the team's owner.

I have had him and Sidney Rice on my Roster from day one....stashing them, hoping to keep my head above water and my team around .500 until week ten.

Right now I am 5-4 and things are going to plan......hoping to have Jackson & Rice as my receivers from week 11 until the end.

Vincent Jackson will finish the season as the leading ffb WR. For the season.

He won't miss a beat and will immediately be in peak form.

I'm thinking 2245 yds receiving and 18 TDs.

bitter non-owner...... :banana:

Vincent Jackson will finish the season as the leading ffb WR. For the season.

He won't miss a beat and will immediately be in peak form.

I'm thinking 2245 yds receiving and 18 TDs.

No, you're wrong. But week after next he will be the #1 receiver on the hottest passing team in the NFL entering their playoff run. And, unlike Sidney Rice, he'll be completely healthy and in game shape. And, unlike Randy Moss, he already knows his offense, the routes, and will have 3 weeks of practice under his belt...about the same amount of time teams are in training camp. In my opinion, he enters week 12 ranked somewhere between 5 and 10 among receivers. If you already have Roddy White and Reggie Wayne, fine, pat yourself on the back. You don't need him. But my strength is at running back. As I head into the playoffs, I'm more than happy his owner got tired of carrying his ass on his bench for 10 weeks. I expect him to be my new WR2 for the playoffs. 'Course, I had to drop Marshawn Lynch to get him, but, call me crazy, I'm OK with that.

I have had him and Sidney Rice on my Roster from day one....stashing them, hoping to keep my head above water and my team around .500 until week ten.

Right now I am 5-4 and things are going to plan......hoping to have Jackson & Rice as my receivers from week 11 until the end.

VJax can't play until week #12 at the earliest.

I'm doing the same thing. People dumped Rice and Jackson in my league earlier in the year and in the last week I picked both of them up. We start 3 receivers, so I'll most likely be starting Jennings, Rice, and Jackson over Steve Smith(Giants), Woodhead, and Randy Moss. You can never get too much help in this game.

Holyshit. I hope you're joking with this post. :shocking:

Deluded Chargers fan and/or VJax ffb owner..... :headbanger:

I think Vjax will be alright, but the Vjax owners are getting a bit circle j3rkish 'round here.

Not a Chargers fan. No delusions. Just messing with the anti-VJax movement who are every bit as yank yank as the VJax honks. I'm not sure who yells the loudest.

I have him and plan on playing him. I don't envsion him suddenly turning into the #1 WR in fantasy for weeks 12-16 but I could see him putting up top 10 numbers during that time just because his QB is really good. He could be a flop and get hurt right away too. One thing I do believe is that he'll play. I don't see any reason why the SD brass would bench him just to teach him some kind of lesson. It makes zero sense to me for them to do that.

Not a Chargers fan. No delusions. Just messing with the anti-VJax movement who are every bit as yank yank as the VJax honks. I'm not sure who yells the loudest.

I have him and plan on playing him. I don't envsion him suddenly turning into the #1 WR in fantasy for weeks 12-16 but I could see him putting up top 10 numbers during that time just because his QB is really good. He could be a flop and get hurt right away too. One thing I do believe is that he'll play. I don't see any reason why the SD brass would bench him just to teach him some kind of lesson. It makes zero sense to me for them to do that.

Word. I got him stashed in a league as well. I just think the whole situation is interesting as sh*t to see how its gonna play out...