Sign in to follow this  
DonS

SF tourism suggestions

@Bier Meister thanks for the tip about aquarium at California Academy of Sciences. That place was impressive. Still need to check out the rain forest. 👍

Public transportation is great in this city.  The MuniMobile app for buying tickets makes it that much easier for getting around. 

Forgot to tell you about city passes for museums, galleries, etc

On 3/22/2019 at 7:23 AM, Kanil said:

I've heard the tenderloin district is nice.  Unfortunately things are pretty pricey and most places don't accept cards so you'll have to carry a large amount of cash on you when you go there.*

*My advice should not be followed.

My son and I just had the privilege of experiencing the Tenderloin.  I mentioned earlier how I was looking forward to having some Pliny again, so I went on Untapped to find nearest place that had it available.  Ended up going to the Beer Basement which is in Tenderloin. This was the anti-hole-in-the-wall.  The beer bar was awesome but everything around it is utter  and complete sh1t.  Right next to a "park" and parking lot with brothers selling crap spread out on the sidewalk. 

My son and I sat and talked with the owner for about an hour as we had a few beers.  Cool dude from Ireland. He told us how he has an understanding with the drug dealers that he doesn't care what they do as long as it's not right in front of his doorway.

We walked back to our hotel in Union Square and I now realize that Seattle still has a way to go to catch SF in the bum game.  Glad we took bus to get there, because if we had started walking thru that filth we probably would've turned around and said fock it. 

But the sweet sweet Pliny made it worthwhile, and now we have a bonding moment. 

• Haha 1

@Bier Meisterwhy didn't you tell me there would be those black Isrealites shouting out sh1t by the Powell & Market end of the cable car line. I learned soooo much while waiting in line.

I would include pics of their stand proclaiming Jesus was black, and something something about "Klan parenthood" complete with graphic abortion pics, but some dipsh1t focked us all and now we can't post pics. :mad:

Hopefully you stayed out of the Fillmore last night.

Link

1 killed, at least 3 wounded in shooting in SF’s Fillmore neighborhood

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

Hopefully you stayed out of the Fillmore last night.

Link

I told them fockers not to mess with me!!! 

• Like 1

@Bier MeisterI wish I could post a pic of this for clarification, but when we were at the California Academy of Sciences I noticed this ginormous antenna looking structure on a hill that was just to the SE.  What exactly is that thing? 

19 hours ago, DonS said:

My son and I just had the privilege of experiencing the Tenderloin.  I mentioned earlier how I was looking forward to having some Pliny again, so I went on Untapped to find nearest place that had it available.  Ended up going to the Beer Basement which is in Tenderloin. This was the anti-hole-in-the-wall.  The beer bar was awesome but everything around it is utter  and complete sh1t.  Right next to a "park" and parking lot with brothers selling crap spread out on the sidewalk. 

My son and I sat and talked with the owner for about an hour as we had a few beers.  Cool dude from Ireland. He told us how he has an understanding with the drug dealers that he doesn't care what they do as long as it's not right in front of his doorway.

We walked back to our hotel in Union Square and I now realize that Seattle still has a way to go to catch SF in the bum game.  Glad we took bus to get there, because if we had started walking thru that filth we probably would've turned around and said fock it. 

But the sweet sweet Pliny made it worthwhile, and now we have a bonding moment. 

Too funny.  I'm in the area for vacation.  First stop was Russian river. 

Picked up a growler of pliny too.

Just got done opening up laginutas tasting room.  That place is great.  

Now off to Coppola winery

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Too funny.  I'm in the area for vacation.  First stop was Russian river. 

Picked up a growler of pliny too.

Just got done opening up laginutas tasting room.  That place is great.  

Now off to Coppola winery

My hood

Holy focking sh1t.  Show was excellent. The Masonic is an incredible venue.  Now it's Guinness time. :cheers: