Sign in to follow this  
mmeds1228

RB and WR From Same Team?

Ok so the way things landed during the draft, the best values players I had the opportunity to get were Ronnie Brown at RB and Chris Chambers at WR. I've never drafted an RB and WR from the same team and I'm it seems I'd be playing against myself in a way. I searched around some other thread about this and people said it CAN be good, if they are the right players on the right team. That is what I'm not sure about. I feel that both guys are poised for a big year and its hard to let go of one knowing you may not get back an equal value. I'm leaning towards attempting to trade Chambers straight up for someone like Reggie Wayne or Hines Ward. What would you do? Any recommendation for who I might be able to get in return of equal or more value? Or should I keep him and let it ride? Here's my league/team specs:

Play: QB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR, TE, K, DST

QB

Marc Bulger

Vince Young

RB

Ronnie Brown

Reuben Droughns

Marion Barber

Vernand Morency

WR

Chris Chambers

Andre Johnson

Matt Jones

Keyshawn Johnson

Samie Parker

Ashley Lelie

Chad Jackson

TE

Vernon Davis

K

John Kasay

DEF

Carolina

Thanks and leave a link!

Ok so the way things landed during the draft, the best values players I had the opportunity to get were Ronnie Brown at RB and Chris Chambers at WR. I've never drafted an RB and WR from the same team and I'm it seems I'd be playing against myself in a way. I searched around some other thread about this and people said it CAN be good, if they are the right players on the right team. That is what I'm not sure about. I feel that both guys are poised for a big year and its hard to let go of one knowing you may not get back an equal value. I'm leaning towards attempting to trade Chambers straight up for someone like ** or **. What would you do? Any recommendation for who I might be able to get in return of equal or more value? Or should I keep him and let it ride? Here's my league/team specs:

Play: QB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR, TE, K, DST

QB

Marc Bulger

Vince Young

RB

Ronnie Brown

Reuben Droughns

Marion Barber

Vernand Morency

WR

Chris Chambers

Andre Johnson

Matt Jones

Keyshawn Johnson

Samie Parker

Ashley Lelie

Chad Jackson

TE

Vernon Davis

K

John Kasay

DEF

Carolina

Thanks and leave a link!

Thank you.

I do not like having a RB and WR on the same team. You hit the nail on the head...You're fighting yourself.I believe you are strongest at WR receiver so I would unload chambers for another top tier WR and not have to worry about the conflict all season

while i dont like the concept of having a RB and WR from the same team, its not like we are talking about two crapshoots here. If you were saying Kevin Jones and Roy Williams i would do something about it, but if you cant deal Chambers for a similar WR then dont panic. They should both get their numbers.

Just curious, is that a 16 team league?

while i dont like the concept of having a RB and WR from the same team, its not like we are talking about two crapshoots here. If you were saying Kevin Jones and Roy Williams i would do something about it, but if you cant deal Chambers for a similar WR then dont panic. They should both get their numbers.

Just curious, is that a 16 team league?

14 teams, thanks for the reply

well, like was previously mentioned... Im not too keen on having two players on the same team....

but, its not as bad as having a QB-WR combo. Cuz if one has a bad day both usually do.

with WR/RB combos, its possible for one to have a good day and the other a bad one. (happens a lot actually)

but if a defense totally shuts down your offense, you're almost guaranteed a loss cuz now two of your teammates are having a bad week.

If a fair trade for your WR comes up, Id consider making it... but dont go and sell the farm just to get outta the situation. Lots of people get desparate to trade someone and accept less than market value for a player and then later regret the move.

look into making the move, just dont be in a rush to do it.

I'm in the exact same situation. I have Ronnie Brown (and I also have Reuben Droughns as my RB # 2) and Chambers and I'm thinking of moving Chambers. An owner in my league really wanted Chambers but i took him right before he could. here is the possible deal:

My Chambers and Droughns

for

His Westbrook and Hines Ward

Do I pull the trigger or stay put? I think Westbrook has a ton more upside than Droughns and I would think that Chambers would have a small advantage over Ward. So I think oiverall I win this deal. Any thoughts?

Thank you.

I do not like having a RB and WR on the same team. You hit the nail on the head...You're fighting yourself.I believe you are strongest at WR receiver so I would unload chambers for another top tier WR and not have to worry about the conflict all season

That defies logic if both are producing. Edge and Harrison have been doing it for years. When Jackson is healthy, he and SA are both worthy of starting every week. Holt and Faulk for years. Now Holt and Jackson.

If both guys are must starts independantly, they are together.

That defies logic if both are producing. Edge and Harrison have been doing it for years. When Jackson is healthy, he and SA are both worthy of starting every week. Holt and Faulk for years. Now Holt and Jackson.

If both guys are must starts independantly, they are together.

yes, but Edge and Harrison are like money in the bank and have been like this for years on an offense that the vast majority of the NFL has been unable to stop for a period of about 3 years.

No offense, but comparing those guys to these guys is not reasonable in my opinion.

I think the QB-WR combo is bad in all but the most extreme cases, i.e. high powered offenses. I am going with a QB-RB combo with Bulger and Jackson, which I think will be okay. I think it can be a good thing from a consistency of production standpoint.

For you, if Ronnie Brown is having a good game, then it may offset a bad one from Chambers and vise versa. The only downside is if they go up against a tough defense and both are shut down. I think Miami will be better offensively this year, and I think the combo can work pretty well to get consistency from week-to-week.

So, if you can get a good trade WR for WR without taking the short end, then go for it. But, if you can't, I don't think you are going to be in a bind.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=225508