Sign in to follow this  
unclemercy

LONG TIME FIRST TIME... RBS & WRS INPUT

okay, took the time and finally registered... have enjoyed most of your insight and the ongoing discussions and wanted to take part. leave any opinions and advice and i'll return the favor

keeper league x 3... ppr... qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, wr, k, dst... overall league level, out on a limb, above average. kept manning, williams, and dunn from last season's seven and seven showing....

2006 POST DRAFT

MANNING, PEYTON

DROUGHNS, REUBEN

DUNN, WARRICK

JONES, THOMAS

RHODES, DOMINIC

JACOBS, BRANDON

WILLIAMS, ROY

GLENN, TERRY

JONES, MATT

BENNETT, DREW

WATSON, BEN

BROWN, JOSH

FALCONS, DST

i wanna pull the trigger and start b. watson week one versus bills and go droughns, dunn at rb.... trying to add consistancy over the course the season and am hoping to average 88+ pts... thoughts

thanks, ahead

unclemercy

I agree. Watson should get some good playing time. So I'm assuming you're going Williams, Glenn, Watson? Not a bad WR setup. With your backs, i don't think you'll make 88 points though. Droughns is a good runner but he can never seem to pull the TD's. If Jones will start (probably won't) I recommend putting him in there (vs. Green Bay) :thumbsdown:

Solid team - a little short on the RB side without a top-tier guy, but two solid workhorses and some WR's with good potential.

I think the Droughns/Dunn combo works well for you until the first few weeks of the season show how guys will do. Jones may come out of Chicago as the go-to guy, if Benson stays in the dog house and injured, and Rhodes could always surprise people.

Williams and Glenn is a solid combo and I see Watson as your #3 WR/TE until Jones proves whether he's the man and Bennett shows us what his season will be like.

solid team with a grinders on there.

i agree with yourpick on watson against the bills. i think watson could be an every week starter.

I cant really say anything that hasnt already been said. You lack a true #1 RB but should have solid #'s out of them, and Manning is a 5 TD threat each week (especially with Edge gone). If you're going the Watson route (which i think you should) try to move Jones to the Benson owner and see if you cant add Williams to the deal to bring in a BIG time WR if he has one. If not, just go with everyone elses advice, start Watson and hope the RB's are solid. Good luck.

Thanks for the help on mine by the way.

thanks for the reply. I like your team alot, looks like mine a bit. You dont have a true number one rb, but 2 of them will at least put up good numbers. manning is a stud. good team overall.

Thanks for help with mine (picks #5 and 11)!

In week 1, I'd go with T. Jones and Droughns. W. Dunn did not play well in CAR last year...

While I like B. Watson .. NE didn't throw too much to TEs vs. BUF last year - FYI.

BUT - with D. Branch holding out .. SOMEONE has to catch Brady's passes! :-)

appreciate the thoughts.... i'd been mulling that trade idea, but jones only has true value to me to the guy that has bensen and his team doesn't offer much but prospects... i'll add it below. the other concern i'd have is dumping a solid injury or bye week fill in. i'm not likely to get a potential starting one, second tier or otherwise, in return.... anyways, guy with bensen's squad's as follows

MANNING, ELI

BLEDSOE, DREW

VOLEK, BILLY

BENSEN, CEDRIC

PORTIS, CLINTON

WHITE, LENDALE

MORENCY, VERNAND

BRANCH, DEION

HOUSHMANDZADEH, TJ

MOSS, SANTANA

LELIE, ASHLEY

so, realistically... he's not moving portis for what i'd be willing to deal and none of his wideouts are big enough improvements to justify busting my squad. a back up qb's not that important to me right now... if manning takes a fall so does my team. can you reason moving jones for any of these guys or come up with a package deal that's attractive to both sides? a three or four team trade is probably gonna be more effort than it's worth... reactions?

so, realistically... he's not moving portis for what i'd be willing to deal and none of his wideouts are big enough improvements to justify busting my squad. a back up qb's not that important to me right now... if manning takes a fall so does my team. can you reason moving jones for any of these guys or come up with a package deal that's attractive to both sides? a three or four team trade is probably gonna be more effort than it's worth... reactions?

I can't reason moving Jones for anyone on his team and I don't see a reasonable package in there anywhere. Sorry, just doesn't look like it will happen with that guy. I think I'd try to move Jones and Droughns for a true #1 to pair with Dunn (a solid #2). That would give you a pretty decent squad, assuming your WRs pan out. If all else fails, you can always get a good deal for Peyton, assuming he starts the season hot.

Thanks for seeing mine. I updated and answered your questions. Take a look:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...p;gopid=2641695

peace, man... there isn't much interest in manning from this bunch. i shopped him all off season and probably asked too much. what is your feeling about droughns and jones value... who would consider dishing them for? portis? lower? i'm not sure if this makes sense this year, but it may pan out later on...

okay, okay... help me shop a rhodes package as an addai rbbc sell

BRADY, TOM

PLUMMER, JAKE

JAMES, EDGE

JORDAN, LAMONT

ADDAI, JOE

DRIVER, DON

MOULDS, ERIC

BRUCE, ISAAC

CLAYTON, MARK

SHOCKEY, JEREMY

HEAP, TODD

guy could be talked into a solid backup rb, right? i had wanted to draft shockey, but would prefer a top tier back. i'm interested in outside perspective as to what would be attractive to both if an offer was made... thanks, all... leave links

LET'S GO AFTER LAMONT

okay, took the time and finally registered... have enjoyed most of your insight and the ongoing discussions and wanted to take part. leave any opinions and advice and i'll return the favor

keeper league x 3... ppr... qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, wr, k, dst... overall league level, out on a limb, above average. kept manning, williams, and dunn from last season's seven and seven showing....

2006 POST DRAFT

MANNING, PEYTON

DROUGHNS, REUBEN

DUNN, WARRICK

JONES, THOMAS

RHODES, DOMINIC

JACOBS, BRANDON

WILLIAMS, ROY

GLENN, TERRY

JONES, MATT

BENNETT, DREW

WATSON, BEN

BROWN, JOSH

FALCONS, DST

i wanna pull the trigger and start b. watson week one versus bills and go droughns, dunn at rb.... trying to add consistancy over the course the season and am hoping to average 88+ pts... thoughts

thanks, ahead

unclemercy

I tell everyone who has Dunn to pick up Norwood. this kid can play. your WR are solid. ROY will have a break out year finally. Glenn is Mr TD. Now, as far as Ben Watson....remember i said this. He will be the #2 TE by the end of the year. He is that good. I drafted him in the 7th round b/c i was scared someone was going to snatch him up. He is a stud and only Gates is better.

Nice Team

who would you drop and explain your rationale for sparty norwood with the platoon i got... strictly as a cuff?

please try and elaborate, i'm interested... thanks

I got Ben Watson in the 13th round in my draft, more of a afterthought pick just because I already had Gonzo, but the NFL.com league forces you to draft 2 TEs. However, the more I have read about him I think he might be a better pick than Gonzo, starting him week 1 is not a bad idea.

Might I suggest starting TJones instead of Droughens. It's probably a toss up because both teams play weak week 1 teams (Chi@GB, Clv@NO), but I like Chi's prospects for running the ball better than Clv's.

A solid team.....it's been said above so I'll move onto the other questions.

I don't know what he has that would help you and that he would be willing to give up. I really don't see him giving up Lamont for a RBBC that Indy will be. He will have no clear #2 rb and if one goes down hurt....he's SOL

I would say to get one of his TE.....I like Heap this year and he has 2 stud TE. I like Watson a lot as well.....but I think Heap & Shockey is going to be better.

As far as Norwood...I like him but I don't think I'ld drop anyone on your team for him. If I HAD to pick someone to drop it would be Jacobs....but it's sort of an even swap IMO.

I would stay put with the team you have for now....wait a few weeks to see hwo things develope with Indy.

Thanks for seeing mine

I really like your WR core, think that you should look for something more at RB, that seems to be your only weak spot. I just think that Warrick will still not get the goal line carries..maybe wrong tho...

There is alot of upside to your roster.

OBG