Sign in to follow this  
J-Money

Championship!

I know i have some question marks but I think my squad definitely has a chance to propel me to the championship game for the first successful defense of the league championship in our league history (going into our 5th year i've won twice and 2 other people have won once), unless everything goes horribly wrong.

10 team league, start 1qb, 2rb, 2wr,1te,1k,1def,1IDP:

QB-Bulger, Warner...I waited waaaaay late for a qb and still managed to get bulger, i couldn't believe it. He may miss afew games this season, hopefully they're the weeks warner is still healthy. Also, warner may have a better chance at staying healthy with edge there to help pick up missed blocks

RB-LJ (Larry johnson, not lamont jordan), Foster, Westbrook, Thomas Jones...I really like foster this year and was planning on taking Williams too, but we're only allowed a max of double the starters @ any position (start 2 rbs, only allowed a total of 4) and Thomas jones kept falling and falling, i had to take him (round 9 or so). I also got westbrook way late, 5.01 (foster 4.10). I figure what are the chances all 3 (Foster, westbrook, TJ) miss time at the same time...add to the fact i expect carolina and da bears to continue their trend of running the ball a lot, i shuld be fine

WR-T.O., Holt, AJ, Matt Jones...if holt and t.o. can keep it together i'm set

TE-McMichael, Ben Watson...I was hoping to get heap, but he went half a round before me, i wuz gonna take winslow as my backup but he went a couple of rounds before i wanted my b/u te

K-Matt Stover, Michael Koenen...wut can i say, they're kickers and i waited late.

Def-Baltimore, Cincy...Carolina defense went 3 picks ahead of where i was going to take them so i waited a few more rounds and took rayray and co. I picked up cincy with my 16th round pick when the cowboys went 4 or 5 picks ahead of me

IDP-Vilma, June...Vilma is a stud on a weak offensive team, he should be able to get a lot of tackles with all the time he's gonna spend on the field. June is on my dynasty roster and i always have a good time watching him play (my 17th round pick, so it really could of been anyone, i figured take someone who i like watching play)

Wow. very nice team. IF Bulger/Warner work out, and TO can put up big #s in the big D, then you should be the clearcut #1 in your league, and should have a great chance for a >> :headbanger:

Overral, I give you a 9/10. Seeing as you are a little weak at #2 RB, but have 3 good backups. ( I am worried about Westy's nagging injuries.) Anyways good luck!

return the favor

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=228200

Wow. very nice team. IF Bulger/Warner work out, and TO can put up big #s in the big D, then you should be the clearcut #1 in your league, and should have a great chance for a >> :first:

Overral, I give you a 9/10. Seeing as you are a little weak at #2 RB, but have 3 good backups. ( I am worried about Westy's nagging injuries.) Anyways good luck!

return the favor

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=228200

I agree with Weezie....Great Starters a bit shy on depth at RB. I really like Watson this year at TE. You may be able to package some players to get a more solid second RB other than that I would say you have a very good team. Good luck.

awesome team! Now that T.Jones is the starter in Chi your rb depth looks much better than before.

Thanks for the good feedback on mine.

Your team seem pretty solid. Is is a little hard to say you are going to repeat wihtout seeing the other teams. I got Bulger in the 7th round and was very happy. With a full year he could easily throw 25 tds. I also love Ben Watson this year. When he gets the ball he can run with it. He average like 15 yds per catch. Which led all TEs. Maybe you could trade McMichael and Fostor or Westbrook for a better RB.

bump up for those w/out threads for me to respond too :o

Solid team-my only worry would be the health of your QBs during the season. I've had both and they have both missed significant time for me in the past. Otherwise I like your chances.

Looks very, very nice. I'm worried that you may have to rely on Bulger every week, however. Warner being so injury prone and all. If he stays healthy you will have those two guys throwing against the 49ers 4 times this year as well as at each others teams twice. Could work out nicely.

can someone paraphrase this for me? tl;dr

lol...10 team $$$ league, start 1 qb, 2 rbs, 2 wr, 1 k, 1 te, 1 def, 1 IDP

qbs: Bulger and Warner

RBs: Larry Johnson, Foster, Westbrook, Thomas Jones

WR: TO, Holt, AJ, Matt Jones

TE: McMichael, Watson

K: Stover, Koenen

Def: Baltmore, Cincy

IDP: Vilma, Cato June

Not sold on T.O. either. It's his first time playing in anything other than a WCO and he hasn't exactly been gelling with his team up to this point. Doesn't seem like Parcells or Bledsoe are huge T.O. fans at the moment and Terry Glenn is plenty capable of handling the load without T.O in the picture. He has tons of upside, but who knows when and to what degree he is going to self destruct.

Foster- not sure he's any great gem. Thomas Jones would be my #2 with that roster and I'd try to package T.O. with Foster and go after a really solid #2 RB.

lol...10 team $$$ league, start 1 qb, 2 rbs, 2 wr, 1 k, 1 te, 1 def, 1 IDP

qbs: Bulger and Warner

RBs: Larry Johnson, Foster, Westbrook, Thomas Jones

WR: TO, Holt, AJ, Matt Jones

TE: McMichael, Watson

K: Stover, Koenen

Def: Baltmore, Cincy

IDP: Vilma, Cato June

I'm liking it man! Looks like a definite contender to me. Between Bulger and Warner you've got a real nice QB core. Although both are a bit injury prone as long as one or the other is on the field you got an upper tier QB. Your RB situation could end up a little thin but nobody can predict injuries so for right now thats a pretty deadly foresome. The only problem I see is if Westy and Foster get banged up like they almost always do you might be stuck with TJ as a #2 who will more then likely be splitting carries (at the best) with Benson. I personally think the Bears will try to move TJ before the trade deadline but we'll have to wait and see. Your WR core is great and you've got two top 10 TE's. I definitely see this as a contender. Good luck man!