Sign in to follow this  
ThatAlexGuy

Quarterback Considerations

Should I start Palmer or Hasselbeck?

I know, I know, Palmer is considered to be a must-start every week regardless, but Hasselbeck is playing a defense (Tampa Bay that gave up the 2nd most passing TD's (26) in the NFL last season, and are going to be just as bad, if not worse this season defensively. I know Palmer is going to have a better season than Hasselbeck, but just based off of week one, who is my best bet? Hasslebeck vs Tampa? Or Palmer vs the Ravens?

Thanx a bunch. PLEASE leave a link! I love to help out!!! :banana:

I'd stick with Palmer, looking at the player history post Palmer has thrown for over 300 yards 3/6 meeting with Baltimore. I know he didn't do it last year and Baltimore had a better O (helping their D) last year, but I think Baltimore will lose a step on D this year (though it will still be good D). Palmer will be fine.

Hard choice. I have Hasselbeck (wish I had CP too!) and expect him to shread TBay this week. However, I'd have to go w/Palmer. Pretty sure that Seattle will be able to balance the run and pass against TBay. Not so in Cincy. Without a doubt, the Ravens will stop the run first. If/when that happens, expect Palmer to air it out. Cincy doesn't have the best D either...I don't know if this one is going to be "high scoring" but I do think both QB's will be trying to keep up with one another. Consider sitting Palmer if he plays the Bears....play Matt that week...but keep CP this in W1.

Mine:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...w_post&f=13