Sign in to follow this  
enricopulazzo

Cedric Benson for Calvin Johnson

Or am I selling Benson short? I am deep at RB, though none of them have produced much yet. I have Benson, LJ, McGahee, MJD. My WR core is lacking; R. Brown(PHI), VJax, Galloway, Cotchery & S.Moss (WAS). He's stacked at WR with Marvin, AJ, Colston and CJ. His RBs are Alexander, Caddy, Willie Parker, MLynch and LenDale White.

I know it's only week 3 but my WRs are killing me. CJ looks like a player and gets the ball thrown his way a lot in that Martz offense.

Will gladly answer yours, just leave a link.

I would much rather have CJ than Benson but their values are probably within 10-15 spots of each other so it's worth a try, but to me it looks like he has 4 RBs just like Benson and good receivers, but less overall depth. It depends how many you start really, but it's a good trade for you if he takes it, which he probably won't.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=289043

I would stick with CB, he will be more consistent than CJ this year for sure. Your WRs aren't that bad, and with LJ not performing up to par, you can use an extra RB for the time being.

If you do decide to go with it I would try to get AJ along with CJ, since he is stacked.

Thanks for mine.

No way you get AJ and CJ...that's crazy talk. I would stick with Benson. You're going to need depth at RB. I might try and tempt someone who is still high on LJ. I think he is going to be a sketchy play all season. I would start LJ only under favorable conditions. Benson is the same way, but he is worth way less in trade.

Mine?

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=289061

I would stick with CB, he will be more consistent than CJ this year for sure. Your WRs aren't that bad, and with LJ not performing up to par, you can use an extra RB for the time being.

If you do decide to go with it I would try to get AJ along with CJ, since he is stacked.

Thanks for mine.

i'd do MJD for CJ

I was just thinking about that option, too. The problem is that he may not bite with the way MJD has been playing so far this year. maybe I need to wait a week or 2 until MJD has a good game and his stock goes up.

Thanks for the reply

Keeping your depth at RB is super important. If you are 0-2 then you might want to go ahead with the trade. If not than just hang on and trade one of your RBs later in the season, they should have higher value when some teams are desperate.

Bears O sucks. I'd do it in a heartbeat. Benson has done nothing noteworthy yet and CJ is on a Martz offense that is flying high. You lose nothing if deep at RB

I would do this trade, but I dont really think will accept it. I am not to high on benson. Bears dont score enough to put anyone away and run out the clock at the end on games. CJ could really help your WR's since detroit is definatley a pass first team, and i also think they will be in many shootouts thoughout the year. Go for the trade and hope he bites

Any chance you have to get in on the party that is the Bengals, Dallas or Detroit offenses i would likely do. NE excepted, other than Brady/Moss of course, because they spread it around so much.. Your other RB options, while cold, are nearly as productive as Benson now, are they not.. They will get it going. I would ask for a RB back.. someone reasonable hot now.. Caddy or Lenwhale.

Or am I selling Benson short? I am deep at RB, though none of them have produced much yet. I have Benson, LJ, McGahee, MJD. My WR core is lacking; R. Brown(PHI), VJax, Galloway, Cotchery & S.Moss (WAS). He's stacked at WR with Marvin, AJ, Colston and CJ. His RBs are Alexander, Caddy, Willie Parker, MLynch and LenDale White.

I know it's only week 3 but my WRs are killing me. CJ looks like a player and gets the ball thrown his way a lot in that Martz offense.

Will gladly answer yours, just leave a link.

Take the chance with all that depth. CJ will probably be overvalued all year, but i would take the shot at getting him...he can also afford to make this trade with his wr depth...unfortunately he has the better team and this trade will help him more imo

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...p;#entry3306865 thanks in advance brotha

You responded on mine so here goes.

Try to get Colston. He's on a seemingly down offense that will probably improve. You probably picked Benson ahead of Colston, correct? So use that as a bargaining chip.

Benson is a carrying the load for the first time, and he's going to get better (probably). And it will start snowing in Chi and they will lean on him.

Dont try to trade MJD for anyone right now...you'll get garbage in return. Wait till Fred breaks down and MJD has a monster game.

Try to get Colston!

I would also stick with Benson. Chicago's D means that they will never be too far out of the game and will continue running. I agree with some of the about trying to trade MJD although you're probably right that you may have to wait for a break out game.,

Thanks for mine.

Look, you can't peddle your under (or non) achieving wares for the leagues elite. I doesn't work that way. The likes of CJ or AJ would garner so much more than the likes of Cedric Benson. If I had those two, I would surely expect (and ultimately) get better talent. Granted, it is not entirely Benson's fault, defenses usually just wait for Rex Grossman to implode and that doesn't bode well for any RB in that situation. I would sit tight, or if you want either of those two WR's I would either up the ante, or ply him with alcohol and then try.

Kind of interested in how this trade offer turns out; can we get an update?

I just offered Ronnie Brown for Calvin Johnson.

I have Benson but thought Brown made more sense. I agree that MJD for CJ is fair, and I view Brown on a par with MJD (considering their actual production and potential this year).