Sign in to follow this  
fatty98

PPR: Welker for R.Moss straight up?

I've been offered Wes Welker for Randy Moss in a PPR league and am thinking of pulling the trigger (I might be able to get Prater or a D on top, but not much else). Welker's produced between 13-15 points in PPR format the past three games with Cassel, while Moss has had two poor outings plus a decent 24 point effort vs the 49ers (though most came on the long TD).

Should I do this trade? We start 4 WRs and I have B.Marshall, Boldin and D Bowe as my other receivers, so I'm in pretty good shape. I'd like the consistency Welker offers instead of the boom-or-bust of Moss.

Leave link, will answer yours.

Tough one. I see the consistency argument, but I also think that with the three received you already have that the "booms" you might get from Moss would certainly be enough to win you those games.

It's a tough call, and I truly don't think you can go wrong either way in a PPR league.

It depends on you. I like the big play ability and the chance to put up 24 occassionally, but if you're more of a "slow and steady" then Welker is right for you.

Thanks for mine.

I think it's 50/50 between Welker and Moss. I don't think the trade will hurt you or help you (unless you can get a good kicker or D in the package).

My suggestion would be to go for the trade and ask for the extra D or kicker. If the buyer won't bite... then don't bother!

I think it's 50/50 between Welker and Moss. I don't think the trade will hurt you or help you (unless you can get a good kicker or D in the package).

My suggestion would be to go for the trade and ask for the extra D or kicker. If the buyer won't bite... then don't bother!

I have to second this one. I don't think I'd bother either unless you can get a D, K, TE, or low end WR in addition.

For instance, I have TO in one PPR. Only 2 catches but with the TD he gets me as many points as Moore does with several more catches but no TD. It's a wash essentially.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=327905 -- help me?

Thanks for seeing mine.

I'd go for Welker. Once Brady went down, defenses knew the ball was going to be going to Welker on slant routes and they still couldn't stop it from happening. There wasn't really a need to defend the deep ball to Moss the same way you would if Brady was in the game because Cassell's arm was a huge question mark. Now that Cassell's proven he can throw it deep for Brady, expect to see defenses keeping the safety back a bit.

you are pretty well set at WR, why not see if you can get some help elsewhere for Moss?

The guy offered up Welker and Prater for Moss and Crosby. Am leaning towards doing it, only because Moss' 3 catch/27 yard games scare me. Welker looks like he's a lock for 6/60 or 7/70 which in PPR is a decent outing (not to mention the possibility of one day scoring a TD...maybe).

Thanks for mine. If the guy is offering you the trade, then he obviously thinks Moss is an upgrade for him over Welker. It's hard to say what to counter without seeing complete rosters, but I'd look for a 2 for 2 were you trade Moss for Welker but also get a slight upgrade at another position.