Sign in to follow this  
just_want_2_win

Trade for Portis, Steve Smith

Concerns first roster in the signature (with Favre).

One owner has put Portis and Carolina's Steve Smith on trading block. His roster is:

Rodgers, Griese

Portis, Betts, Maroney, S. Morris, C. Taylor, LenDale

S. Smith, Jennings, A. Gonzalez

Prater

Pack

I am thinking of offering DeAngelo, McFadden, Parker, and Coles for Portis, Betts, Smith.

Then I'd see if I could trade Owens to the Dallas fan with this roster:

Romo, Delhomme

Barber, Slaton, R. Bush, Ward

Cotchery, Breaston, Moore, Holt

Folk

Titans, Saints

in exchange for Cotchery, Slaton, and maybe try to pry Titans away or Holt.

What do you think of this whole scheme? Seeing if can sell high on Coles and DeAngelo right now since each had huge games.

Yes and Yes. Definately if you can swing the first deal that's great for you. The 2nd deal I'm not as crazy about giving up Owens but since you can only start 2 WR's, I like the deal and I really like Slaton. Good luck.

Thanks for answering mine.

Concerns first roster in the signature (with Favre).

One owner has put Portis and Carolina's Steve Smith on trading block. His roster is:

Rodgers, Griese

Portis, Betts, Maroney, S. Morris, C. Taylor, LenDale

S. Smith, Jennings, A. Gonzalez

Prater

Pack

I am thinking of offering DeAngelo, McFadden, Parker, and Coles for Portis, Betts, Smith.

Then I'd see if I could trade Owens to the Dallas fan with this roster:

Romo, Delhomme

Barber, Slaton, R. Bush, Ward

Cotchery, Breaston, Moore, Holt

Folk

Titans, Saints

in exchange for Cotchery, Slaton, and maybe try to pry Titans away or Holt.

What do you think of this whole scheme? Seeing if can sell high on Coles and DeAngelo right now since each had huge games.

Thanks for mine...

I love your thinking. If you can get Smith and Portis with that offer you should get Executive of the Year! In the second deal, I would try for the TEN D/ST, Holt is done.

DWill and Coles are definite sell high candidates. I just can't believe theres an owner out there shopping Portis? If you can swing a deal for him and Smith, do it. The Owens thing? I agree with the guy above me. Hold on to TO.

Good luck

Yes to both. I'm all for selling high on DeAngelo (and Coles, for that matter). If you can land Portis and St Smith, it'll be a coup. The TO deal is also good for you, since you don't drop off too much with Cotchery, but get Slaton, who appears like he can end up as a top 10 RB if he keeps things up. Thanks for answering mine.

I like it if you can swing both...could repeat what was said above, but already said :thumbsup: ..and thanks for mine (one comment on mine...unfortunately the TE pool isn't too deep on our waiver wire and would hate to take a chance losing Scheffler if he's only going to be out a week or so).

I think the first trade would be a perfect complement to your team. You'd be trading for position which would greatly strengthen your squad. The Owens move would be interesting, but I think unnecessary. Pull off the first trade and you should be set.

Thanks for seeing mine.

I'll echo everyone else--if you can pull them both off, do it and do it now before DeAngelo's stock dips. This would be the perfect example of selling high if you can pull it off.

Yes and Yes...I like the idea of getting Portis and handcuffing him with Betts. No RBBC there. Also S Smith would be great! The second deal would pan out good for you too. Slaton is a beast and I wouldn't worry about Green. I've watched Houston and they love Slaton and recognize he IS the better back. He got all the goal line carries and Green only came in to give Slaton some rest. Cotchery will get his in one game and Coles will show up in the other. I feel you wouldn't lose anything by trading away Coles and getting Cotchery. All in all it would work out great only if everything feel into place.

yeah i like to final outcome of the trade however if, in order to get deal 1 done, you need to take out coles and smith i would do that because really i would rather have Coles and TO than Smith and Cotchery.... but then again youd also be supposedly getting slaton.

so sure go ahead

I say make the offer and let us know if he accepts it.

Made the offer. He mulled it but rejected. Now trying just McFadden, Parker, DeAngelo for Portis, Betts. I wouldn't obviously then be able to turn around and try to trade for Slaton, Cotch, and Titans for Owens. Oh well.

Any other ideas for a trade or any other way to make my Favre roster stronger would be very appreciated, and leave a link and I'll gladly help you out.

Yea I would give it a try see what he says. If you can hold onto Parker and put Brown in his place I think it would be a better deal for you. Soon as teams figure out how to stop Brown he will be handing off to williams and he will be the next hot back IMO. But I think Portis will out perform Parker the rest of the way but not by much.

thanks for answering mine.

Thats a bummer that he rejected the trade, i would continue trying to make a deal. Thanks for the reply on my post.

Made the offer. He mulled it but rejected. Now trying just McFadden, Parker, DeAngelo for Portis, Betts. I wouldn't obviously then be able to turn around and try to trade for Slaton, Cotch, and Titans for Owens. Oh well.

Any other ideas for a trade or any other way to make my Favre roster stronger would be very appreciated, and leave a link and I'll gladly help you out.

I wouldn't give up McFadden, Parker, and D. Williams for the Washington backfield.

Parker should bounce back strong in week 7. With Mendenhall out, Parker has NO threat of losing any carries.

I like your WR corp as is, I would not move them unless you can pick up a top 5 guy. Smith may or may not be top 5 depending on your scoring. Are you PPR, do you get extra points for long TD's or return TD's?

I would try to upgrade your RB situation if you can, I think you have plenty of depth to unload some of them to a team that is hurting at RB. I like the thought of sticking portis into your backfield good trade there.

Are defenses worth alot in your league? Generally, I wouldnt really care much either way, and consider that Tennesee hasn't exactly been playing the best teams in the league, so far, their opponents are all weaker than we thought.