Sign in to follow this  
Va-Nomad

QB Help

Cutler vs CAR

McNabb vs CLE

Thigpen vs SD

Help! I want to pull the trigger on Thigpen, but it's the play-offs.

Oh yeah, the guy(my bother in-law) i'm going against has Royal. I know points are points but wouldn't having Cutler go negate Royal?

cutler...... they all do have great match ups but i think he will be forced to throw wit hwillaims and stewart and even smith tearing them up....should have a big game......thanks for the help

Cutler - only because they lost their RB (again). The other 2 are real good matchups but could lose some TD throws to the ground game.

thanks for mine.

I want to say Cutler because I think the game will be close and you need a good QB in a close game. But Carolina will be pumped as their playing for home field advantage, so their defense could be tough.

I also like Thigpen because he can also run them in. San Diego's pass defense is weak, and KC doesn't have much for RBs.

I'd go with Thigpen by a hair.

You are absolutely foolish if you don't start Cutler. CAR is a good team, but their pass defense is not that great.

Cutler: CAR will run ALL OVER DEN and it won't be pretty. At the same time, DEN doesn't have much of a rushing game any more. CAR will likely get up big in this game and DEN will try and keep pace. CAR pass defense is vulnerable (Bryant with 200 yds and 2 TDs on MNF this week), while their rush D is much better. Cutler is a top 5 fantasy QB this week IMO.

Thigpen: a solid start, but doesn't have as many weapons as Cutler and isn't as good a QB. SD defense has played better recently too. I see Thigpen as around the #10 QB this week, but definitely not as good a start as Cutler.

McNabb: he obviously has a great matchup and is probably the hardest one of the bunch to predict. I would rate him right around Thigpen, though. Philly should be able to run all over CLE and with Dorsey at QB the defense will likely score in this game. Westbrook should be huge and Philly likes to run more than pass when they can. This one should get ugly fast and I don't generally like starting a QB who is generally unpredictable when I have someone with a matchup as good as Cutler has this week.

This is probable not going to help but I would go with McNabb

because he's on MNF.

Having a player monday night is like having a ace in the hole.

I agree with tgag. I also have McNabb and Cutler. I have been back and forth but my situation is a bit different. I am starting DeAngelo Williams and Steve Smith so if I also start Cutler I feel like I have too many eggs in one basket. Meaning if by some reason this becomes a defensive game.....I realize there is no way this game should have much if any defense but if it did then I am definetly screwed.

Also my opponent has Westbrook and I just feel like however Westbrook goes is how McNabb is going to go. Plus I think there is something to be said about playing on MNF and I think McNabb and Eagles will have a lot to play for.

Man u should have made a trade during the season to add depth in other positions. No reason to have both mcnabb and cutler on your team as both are must starts now.

I would say it is pretty close between them. Carol gave up a lot of yards to TB last week and I could see cutler doing the same. Mcnabb on MNF could turn into a westbrook party so I give the slight edge to Cutler but it will be close.

Good luck,

Eb

I would say Cutler. You can't mess with him and his Play action passes. It's going to be another shoot out. With The Eagles I think they're going to feed the ball to Westbrook. Cutler has to pass since he has no running backs as of now.