Sign in to follow this  
envoy9

Is Gronk worth keeping in a Dynasty League?

I have Gronk on my team (keeping Cam Newton, Alfred Morris, and Chris Ivory). If I keep him, I lose a 4th round pick, and basically might lose out some of the rookies like Lavon Bell, Montee Ball, and Lacy. Also Lamar Miller is available. If I don't keep Gronk, I would definitley have my pick of those 4 guys, and potentially another one (or at least Bernard or Franklin). If I do keep Gronk, I would likely get a stab at one of them, but some would be gone.

I guess the question is, is he worth it?

Will Answer yours....

Yes, he's worth it in a keeper format. He may be hurt now, but he won't stay that way... hopefully.

I'm curious as to what it's costing you to keep Ivory?

We have an interesting keeper dynamic- you can keep up to 8 players on a very limited 15 player roster (1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, Def, K). QBs get 6 for pass tds so they are the top scorers. For every player you keep you lose a round from the beginning... Keep 1 player you start in round 2, Keep 8, you start in round 9. I expect all owners to keep at least 3, and the average will keep around 6.

In my situation, If I keep 4 (Cam, Morris, Ivory, Gronk) I would have the 2nd pick in the 5th round, which MAY be the first overall pick of the draft, and would almost certainly be the one of the top 4. If don't keep Gronk and/or Ivory than I would almost certainly pick first, and get another chance at a top rookie. Also, Lamar Miller is available, so Miller, L Bell, M Ball, Lacy, Bernard are all obviously the big names out there. So to answer your quesiton, what do I lose by keeping Ivory, it is the chance to get 2-3 of these guys instead of 1. If I drop both Gronk and Ivory, I woudl certainly get 3 of these guys. There will be lots of WRs available later, and I have 3 ninth round picks from trades I made last year, so I'm not concerned about WRs.

I would only keep Newton and Morris. You'll be able to get a better RB in round 3 than Ivory. Or, if not, worst case you can just redraft him. I don't think Gronk is worth keeping at this point. Too much of a concern over when he'll be back. Try targeting him in a later round (maybe with one of your three 9th round picks)

Interesting league and draft dynamic. Overall I feel Gronk is a beast and could be kept for your 4th (right around where he's going anyway). I would also be more likely to drop Ivory IF I knew I could get Miller with my first pick.

So Newton/Morris for sure. Gronk maybe (those injuries are tough, but when he comes back he'll be Tom's main RZ target). And drop Ivory IF you're sure Miller will be available with your first pick.

mine: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=421239