Sign in to follow this  
Sean McDermott

Help My Team

Had my major money league draft yesterday...before the games were played as you will see. How do you think my team turned out and where would you look to make moves? I had the 7th pick overall.

12 team standard league...start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, FLEX, TE, K, DEF (can only draft 5 RB/WR each)

QB: Ryan (8th round), Bradford (before his ACL scare)

RB: Montee Ball (1st round), Toby Gerhart (4th round), Joique Bell (5th round), Bernard Pierce, Andre Williams

WR: AJ Green (2nd round), Randall Cobb (3rd round), Larry Fitzgerald (6th round), Golden Tate (9th round)

TE: Dennis Pitta

K: Matt Prater (before I knew he was suspended 4 games)

DEF: Steelers, Packers

I am dropping the Packers DEF for a kicker. I am keeping Prater only for the fact that he was the #2 kicker in fantasy last season and when he returns will be one of the best kickers. I know some of you probably think I am dumb for keeping 2 kickers, but whatever, a kicker on the best offense is valuable to me.

I think it looks good. You'll need one of Joique Bell or Toby Gerhard to fill that RB2 slot but there is a great chance that'll happen. Your receivers look good. I'm not a big fan of Pitta but since you clearly waited on a TE I think you did well.

I think your team was well drafted and constructed by loading up on RB/WR's in the first half then fitting out with high upside picks in the second half for the deeper positions.

What I'm concerned about is that your RB1/RB2 are unproven guys with nice situations in front of them....so some risk there as they haven't done it yet.....just projections. Would like to know what other choices say at #7 Lynch or Lacy?? and in rounds #3 and #4 for a less risky combo of RB2/WR2.

Love Bell (5th), Fitz was a steal in the (6th) and Tate (9th) is a nice add.

P.S. Drop Prater he's not worth tying up the roster spot. Drop a Def and add the lottery ticket you like best!!

Drop Bradford and Prater and see if there are any promising backups on a team with a decent offense.

I have been skipping over Ball and Gerhart and targeting J. Bell in later rounds, but I am in all PPR leagues.

First six picks went McCoy, AP, Charles, Lacy, Forte, Lynch. I am not a fan of taking WR, TE or QB in the first round. The RBs left don't scream pick me, so I took the most one on the most reliable offenses ever. Looking back at it I could have gone Calvin/Alfred Morris but in hindsight I couldn't have known that.

There is nothing out there on the waiver wire and I mean nothing. Unless you think Benny Cunningham, Khiry Robinson, Ahmad Bradshaw, Jonathan Grimes, Kelvin Benjamin, Lafell are worth picking up. That's basically what's out there.

What do you think of a trade of Gerhart/Fitzgerald for Stacy/Patterson

Its tough to say how Stacy will do now that Bradford is out.. I think teams are just going to stack the box and let Shaun Hill throw. I probably wouldn't make that trade. I think you'll be better off with Ball and Gerhart

First six picks went McCoy, AP, Charles, Lacy, Forte, Lynch. I am not a fan of taking WR, TE or QB in the first round. The RBs left don't scream pick me, so I took the most one on the most reliable offenses ever. Looking back at it I could have gone Calvin/Alfred Morris but in hindsight I couldn't have known that.

There is nothing out there on the waiver wire and I mean nothing. Unless you think Benny Cunningham, Khiry Robinson, Ahmad Bradshaw, Jonathan Grimes, Kelvin Benjamin, Lafell are worth picking up. That's basically what's out there.

What do you think of a trade of Gerhart/Fitzgerald for Stacy/Patterson

I would make that trade in a heartbeat. with bradford out I expect stacy to carry the load, but I really like patterson over Fitz (palmer sucks and ADP keeps DBs closer to the line, closer = patterson deep)

I really like Benjamin as well. I don't know if I would drop any of your guys to pick him up, but stay ahead of the curve and watch him...

as for tight end Pitta isn't the end of the world but I would keep an eye on Dwayne Allen (Assuming he wasn't drafted)

please see mine: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=435348

I like your draft a lot. Especially the RBs. I'm hoping and expecting Ball, Gerhart and Bell to have a great season.

12 team standard league...start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, FLEX, TE, K, DEF (can only draft 5 RB/WR each)

QB: Ryan (8th round), Bradford (before his ACL scare)

Ryan is a solid play at QB. Needs his OLine to step up this year and he should thrive. Good pick in the 8th round. Bradford was a good pick, pick-up Hill. Should be fine.

RB: Montee Ball (1st round), Toby Gerhart (4th round), Joique Bell (5th round), Bernard Pierce, Andre Williams

I love Ball's TD potential for this year. Needs to be a better all around back to keep Hillman off the field. Gerhart has no competition, so he should be a decent RB2. Bell should be fine as a fill in and I love Andre Williams. Jennings is a journeymen who doesn't offer much, Williams could be the future and that should start soon! Overall group is good!

WR: AJ Green (2nd round), Randall Cobb (3rd round), Larry Fitzgerald (6th round), Golden Tate (9th round)

I'm not big on Green this year. Bengals want to throw less, I would have took Marshall, Jordy, Antonio...with that pick. Cobb is in a great situation. Fitz is healthy, look for a better year this year over last. Tate will easily post career numbers. This group is very solid, even though I don't like AJ, he's still a great pick in the second round.

TE: Dennis Pitta

I really like Pitta. with Smith and Smith stretching the field it leaves the middle wide open form him with one on one coverage with a LB. He should run free all year. Good roll of the dice with one TE.

K: Matt Prater (before I knew he was suspended 4 games)

Eh...what do you do?

DEF: Steelers, Packers

Steelers have a stellar schedule to start the year. They play a bunch of scrubs. Good pick.

I am dropping the Packers DEF for a kicker. I am keeping Prater only for the fact that he was the #2 kicker in fantasy last season and when he returns will be one of the best kickers. I know some of you probably think I am dumb for keeping 2 kickers, but whatever, a kicker on the best offense is valuable to me.

I have no issue with you keeping Prater. It's only four weeks, I believe the Broncos are off week four, so you'll have to hold onto two kickers until week six, it shouldn't hurt you. Overall the team looks really good. Good balance. Obviously only drafting Pitta you need him to perform. All the other positions look pretty good. Good job and good luck this year!

I would go for another RB in case you are unlucky there. Obviously a back up QB at this point too.

Well, drop Bradford + GB DST and get K + either a QB if any decent one left or other player.

Low round K I like NO K Shayne most, K Gould or K Novak. K Bailey goes undrafted a lot.

QB 8.5/10 (useless backup)

RB 9/10 (I think RB Ball will start for now... still need to see game. Swap your low handcuff RBs even Pierce for Hillman just to secure your top pick... Hillman was average you can get him cheap)

WR 10/10 (Your loaded)

TE 8/10 (If healthy ok low 1TE)

K 5/10 (Bad luck, that said he was my 4th rated K. I made some recommendations. You might ride out 2 K till week 4 and then get a backup QB if all remaining backups are not great)

DST 8.5/10 (LB Shazier making me a believer)

I think if you shore up right handcuff Hillman your golden. Bell might even start or get enough reps as 2RB. Backup QB and K are bad luck but great draft better now than week 1 I guess?