Sign in to follow this  
NJDMO

If Baldwin's hammy keeps him out - Aiken, Calvin or Lockett? WHIR

Baldwin plays at 225pm so if he's inactive or limited I need to make a move. What would you do?

1) start Aiken in a good matchup against Pitt at 11am before Seattle inactives announced

2) start Calvin Johnson vs SF at 11am before inactives

3) wait for inactives and start Lockett if Baldwin sits

Leave a link to yours, Merry Christmas!

I like Aiken as a safe floor PPR guy who might get a TD since Clausen is just out there chuckin. He knows he's a temp.

I can't get down with starting Megatron...especially if he's still not practicing tomorrow in order to be 'ready to play'. I get that they're at home and this could be his Lions finale, but he's basically fallen out of the offense and is in full crippled decoy mode. Stafford doesn't even pretend by throwing it to him a few times. He'll likely get 4-6 targets early in the game just to keep his decoy status up, but there's no sense in expecting a back in the day Megatron game...ESPECIALLY if he still has practice jokes today/tomorrow.

I don't see Lockette as a Baldwin replacement. That's likely Kearse. IE: I think Lockette's role as a Neo Percy (Harvin) is the same no matter who else is out there.

Forgot to mention it's standard scoring. Agree than in PPR Aiken is the answer. In standard it might be Aiken as well since he has the highest floor. With Kirk and DJax going for me on Saturday I could play it safe with Aiken if I have a decent lead. If Saturday is a disappointment, I guess I have to go with a higher ceiling guy. Ugh, hate the idea of playing a hobbled, unmotivated Megatron.

Also, surprised you think Lockett is a neo Percy Harvin. He's had 7 targets the last 3 games. Really posting good numbers.

I like him (and 'good day' Percy...like the Super Bowl vs Denver..he was a monster that day).

Lockette's skillset allows them to reinstall the plays they put in for Percy. But they aren't paying him big $ yet or dealing with the 'emotional/morale' stuff that Percy brings.

He's on his way to being a great big play player for them since no one is showing up thinking they need to stop him like with Percy. He gets loose one time and it's a td. And a fantasy day made.

• Like 1

I accept that Calvin could have a good game if he's healthy and/or trying to give a good show in what may be his last home start as a Lion. But counting on that with a fantasy title on the line?

I don't see it if he's not practicing in full and at least pretending to be more healthy.

Well..Kirko gave you a great start with what is likely to be a top 5 qb score this week.

Mallett getting the start in Baltimore has me scarred, so lockette it is. I think it's lockette even moreso if Baldwin plays.

My Mallett fear lies with his shaky accuracy and meltdown possibility. Schaub is calm whether he's up 3 or down 21 after 2 pick sixes. Even Clausen is chuckin like a 'backup at best' guy should when he gets on the field. Mallett will chuck too and maybe Aiken is qb-proof, but go lockette and win this thing!