Sign in to follow this  
ilikefruitpunch

Dynasty trade help needed!

Im on the fence about a trade Ive been offered in my dynasty league. Leave me a link and Ill check any of your trades! Heres the trade:

I get: James Conner and Christian Kirk

He gets: Gronk, Ajayi, and D.J. Moore

I like Conner since he looks to be the Steelers back of the future for the next 2+ years and Kirk is showing good chemistry with Rosen. Im also fine moving on from Gronk and Ajayi due to injury concerns with both. Plus Gronk is 29 and Brady wont play forever and Ajayi is in a contract year so no guarantee where he will be playing next year. My biggest issue is Moore. I dont really want to give him up since Im so thin at WR and the kid has some solid upside, but maybe not as much this year. Should I try to swap in another player? Problem is i want to try and trade another RB (Hyde or Carson) for Mike Williams so I dont think I can offer a 2nd RB.

Currently my roster looks like this:

QB: Goff, Garoppolo

RB: David Johnson, Ajayi, Hyde, Carson, Breida, Jordan Wilkins, Kenneth Dixon

WR: Beckham, Kupp, Chris Godwin, Tyrell Williams, John Ross, Paul Richardson, Dante Pettis, DJ Moore

TE: Gronk, Ertz, Trey Burton, Dallas Goedert

The league is 16 teams, with scoring more heavily tilted to yardage and big plays. TDs arent as valuable and we get about 0.15 PPR. Also waivers is pretty much bare. The only way to improve my team is via trade or next years draft.

You could certainly use a young RB. Gronk is great but you have Ertz (and Goedert so youve got the future of the Carson Wentz offense) so no sense to keep them both. That being said, you are giving up more in the short term than the other team, especially if LeVeon Bell returns to Pittsburgh.

I know it is a lot in the short term but I think Bell burned his bridges in Pittsburgh so I dont think he ever gets the starting job back. Moore for Kirk is what is holding me up the most. I like Moore more, but Kirk looks like the heir apparent for Fitz. Im trying to take the long term view and I like the idea of moving Gronk and Ajayi before they lose value.

If you want to trade Gronk, don't give him away for peanuts,

You can probably get more than this for Gronk without giving away Ajayi and Moore

To me, there's no question here. You do the deal. Conner is set to be the Steelers starting RB for several years to come. For a Dynasty league, he's a huge asset. With Ertz and Burton, you're set at TE, making Gronk expendable. Also, I don't think these struggles the Pats offense is having are going to disappear. This is not the same Pats team of the last decade. As for Moore, that's a tough give-a-way, but if you look at the long-term aspect of the deal, you've dealt a young WR for a young RB, possibly RB1. The running back is far more valuable.