Sign in to follow this  
Mr Anonymous

Week 9 FSA Lombardi / Landry Power Poll

We have a change at the top. And it comes with a perfect 36 rating. Blitz Brigade sits atop the FSA Dynasty World. Congrats danzone. Serbian Assassins don't fall far behind and sit in the #2 spot. Watch out for All-Moons boys. The team is scoring lots of points and the record is bound to follow.

Week 9--->FSA POWER POLL

This week's delay was due to some scoring disputes and the time I was held up trying to set one straight for myself in another league.

Side note: thedanzone also won the 2002 Babe Challenge so I'm considerding changing the name of my site to thedanzone.net ;)

Grrr...

Top four in record, but I'm tied for EIGHTH in the rankings.

;) :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

This poll has officially been ROONED!!!!!!!!

If I get jobbed out of a chance to face danzone in the FSA Tostitos BCS Fiesta Bowl with Green Salsa, the masses will rise up against the humanless, computer-generated BC...I mean Power Poll to force the FSA go back to a true record-based ranking system.

That field looks damn good with Blitz Brigade chalked accross it!

With Laetitia Casta as a cheerleader, this team is a contender. I hope I can have that chalked field replaced with paint at the end of the season!

...and another thing. I WIN this past week, and four of the seven teams ahead of me LOSE to give them worse records than me...yet they move ahead of me in the rankings. WHAT A FARCE!!!!

If I win again this week, I give 5:1 odds that three more teams will move ahead of me in this godforsaken Power Poll.

Looks like we need some interleague match-ups next year, Jetdoc wants to feel the power of the Lombardi league!

Hey whiner, only 1 team passed you in the poll and that was All-Moons. They had a better week.

What is wrong with this godforsaken Power Poll is the dual emphasis it places on points scored. The win-loss record of the team is only counted 33% to the total points...double that amount is placed SOLELY on the number of points you score. This double-counting of the points ranking is what is causing the skewed results. I could be 9-0 and theoretically wouldn't be in the top 25% of the rankings.

Whoops I mean 2, Spicy Tuna passed you as well. But Moons and Tuna were 2 and 3 in points scored this week.

[ 11-07-2002: Message edited by: Mr Anonymous ]

Originally posted by Mr Anonymous:

Hey whiner, only 1 team passed you in the poll and that was All-Moons. They had a better week.

But I WON, and four teams LOST, and I didn't move ahead of them.

Originally posted by Jetdoc:

You gained ground on them though. Good luck with that.

What I don't understand about your incessant whining is the fact that you have scored all of 37 points more than me and sit at 7-2, while I sit at 3-6.

I'm the one who should be cryin'...you should be rejoicing.

I won last week, scored a descent total, and moved down one. Be happy you didn't move down.

The points scored and the breakdown record are a true reflection of how your team is peforming...a little above average.

Your record has to be considered a little lucky. Honestly you wouldn't have no 7-2 record if you were in the Lombardi League. So turn that frown upside down and zip it!

Originally posted by Grigs Allmoon:

I won last week, scored a descent total, and moved down one. Be happy you didn't move down.

I DID. I moved from sole possession of 7th to being tied for 8th.

Originally posted by Grigs Allmoon:

Hopefully you guys understand how that happens. Basically someone you were neck and neck with coming in, won as well and scored more points.

Watch out for All-Moons boys. The team is scoring lots of points and the record is bound to follow.

That's right... Watch out. If it wasn't for some big individual scores against me I'd have a better record already. Anyway, I don't think I'll move too high in the power poll, because I've already lost a handful of games, and I have had a couple bad weeks, but watch out if I make the playoffs. :mad: ;)

I DID.  I moved from sole possession of 7th to being tied for 8th.

That's because All-Moons and Spicy Tuna were right on your ass comin in and also won their games but did it with a substantial point total greater than your.

THIS WEEK VS. FIELD

All-Moons 22-1 (107 points)

Spicy Tuna 21-2 (102 points)

Houston Chupac 16-7 (74 points)

Hopefully you guys understand how that happens. Basically someone you were neck and neck with coming in, won as well and scored more points.

I know. I'm just belly-aching. To be honest, I really like this PP. Its a much better gauge than just records. 'Night all.

That's because All-Moons and Spicy Tuna were right on your ass comin in and also won their games but did it with a substantial point total greater than your.

I know how it works...what I am saying is that you now have a team that has TWO MORE LOSSES than me ahead of me in the polls. That is like saying, "Sorry Oklahoma...I know you are undefeated, but Florida State REALLY should be ahead of you because they've scored more points than you."

Are we totally discounting our records? Again, I think this poll is trying to treat our league as a total points league vs. a head-to-head league.

I know how it works...what I am saying is that you now have a team that has TWO MORE LOSSES than me ahead of me in the polls.  That is like saying, "Sorry Oklahoma...I know you are undefeated, but Florida State REALLY should be ahead of you because they've scored more points than you."

Are we totally discounting our records?  Again, I think this poll is trying to treat our league as a total points league vs. a head-to-head league.

The flipside...

How do you think All-Moons feels about being 5-4 despite having scored so many points. I bet Grigs would trade his spot in the Power Poll for your record any day of the week and twice on Tuesdays.

I really wish S & S Express would show up and see your little tirade. He's scored 34 more points than you and sits at 4-5, while you complaining about a Power Poll ranking sitting at 7-2.

Are we totally discounting our records?  Again, I think this poll is trying to treat our league as a total points league vs. a head-to-head league.

Hale Power Rankings!

The way I see it, our league is head-to-head and this ranking is just a different look at the stats.

Although, the bottom line is, some teams, like Jetdoc's, just need to score more points and earn that head-to-head record.

Hey...I'm not saying that I'm not fortunate for being 7-2. Luck is a part of FF. What I am complaining about is that that piece of FF is reduced to nothing in this poll.

I am in two heavy money leagues right now where the top scoring team has a sub .500 record. It's not unique to this league. Yet, if that owner were to come out and say "I have the best team", we would all laugh at him.

Yes, I am fortunate, but I more than have the right to bitch about a technically flawed poll, such as the BCS FSA Power Poll.

Again, there is a reason the All Moons and Grigs would like to have my record. Because my team is better than theirs evidenced by the fact that I have won more games.

If you and Grigs (All-Moons) had played each other each week so far, All-Moons would have won 5 of the 9 matchups. Add to that the fact that he has scored more points on the season and I don't see how you come to the conclusion that your team is better. The schedule simply has broken in your favor.

I really don't understand where your complaint is. You truly should be thanking your lucky stars that you have that shiny 7-2 record.

MAXIMUM WINKAGE

I think we all understand what eachother is expressing.

There is no point in arguing placement on a power ranking mid-season, just like arguing the BCS mid-season. The true measure is at the end of the season.

This is a playoff league and placing first in the division is a huge because of the bye week. Playoffs are known for upsets. If a team who finished 11-2 and scored 1000 points during the season beat a team at 9-4 with 1450 points scored, I'd call it an upset!

S & S Express (4-5) has scored more points than you as well and like All-Moons would be 5-4 head-to-head against you.

You can keep posing "imaginary" matchups, but at the end of the day, it is who won each week, versus who lost each week.

When I win the Landry League and win the interleague championship, you two can continue to make all of the comparisons that you want.

"But All Moons scored more points than you...why didn't he make the playoffs?"

Dambit, I'd be 5-4 head-to-head agianst you as well Jetdoc. And my record is 3-6.

Now I'm Pissed!!!! ;) :mad: :mad:

What is wrong with this godforsaken Power Poll is the dual emphasis it places on points scored.  The win-loss record of the team is only counted 33% to the total points...double that amount is placed SOLELY on the number of points you score.  This double-counting of the points ranking is what is causing the skewed results.  I could be 9-0 and theoretically wouldn't be in the top 25% of the rankings.

;)    :mad:    :mad:    :mad:    :mad:    :mad:    :mad:    :mad:

With just record and points scored, here is the result...

Blitz Brigade 24

Seberbian Assass 22.5

San Antonio Raiders 22

Midwest Playerz 19.5

Spicy Tuna 19

Houston Chucabra 18.5

That's a bit better, 6th for you!

So that's tied for 1st in your division, Week 11 will be huge!

6th alone in Record/Points Scored Ranking.

8th in Mr. Anon's classy ranking!

The Mr Anon versus Jetdoc Challenge

Bullcrap Standings:

Jetdoc 7-2

Mr Anon 3-6

Mr Anonland Standings:

Mr Anon 5-4

Jetdoc 4-5

---------------------------------------------

WEEK 1

Mr Anon 69

Jetdoc 103

WEEK 2

Mr Anon 67

Jetdoc 59

WEEK 3

Mr Anon 48

Jetdoc 45

WEEK 4

Mr Anon 75

Jetdoc 102

WEEK 5

Mr Anon 108

Jetdoc 92

WEEK 6

Mr Anon 68

Jetdoc 87

WEEK 7

Mr Anon 54

Jetdoc 53

WEEK 8

Mr Anon 119

Jetdoc 101

WEEK 9

Mr Anon 71

Jetdoc 74

---------------------------------------------

Down with the Power Poll and the Lombardi League standings, I'm 5-4 baby!!!! ;) :mad: :mad:

[ 11-07-2002: Message edited by: Mr Anonymous ]

WEEK 1

thedanzone 82

Jetdoc 103

WEEK 2

thedanzone 92

Jetdoc 59

WEEK 3

thedanzone 120

Jetdoc 45

WEEK 4

thedanzone 118

Jetdoc 102

WEEK 5

thedanzone 72

Jetdoc 92

WEEK 6

thedanzone 103

Jetdoc 87

WEEK 7

thedanzone 135

Jetdoc 53

WEEK 8

thedanzone 88

Jetdoc 101

WEEK 9

thedanzone 94

Jetdoc 74

I'd be 6-3 against you! How'd you like a 3-6 record?

Hey! In MrAnonland standings I'm only one game behind you Dan. This is bullshiot!!!

Note that would be via us both playing Jetdoc every week. I'd be 2-7 head-to-head against you.

It's all good! I'm just glad to have a winning team amongst my other losing teams.

This could play out pretty bad for me. I face Midwest and Spicy in the 11th and 12th weeks. I also have very little depth past my studs.

This league is where my team with the worst record lies. I know its not a 3-6 calibur squad and without any bias I think I should be at about 5-4. Unfortunately the record is what counts and I have already begun to make moves aimed at next year.