Sign in to follow this  
Highway Robbery

Problems with scoring for Off Fumble Recovery

It seems as if Players are Not being credited for recovering their own fumbles.

I specifically remember when we were going over our scoring (via email threads) that if a player fumbles (-1 points) and recovers his own fumble (+2 points) he would have a net +1 points on the play.

Ricky Williams was not given +2 points with his Fumble Recovery of his Fumble so I am MISSING +2 points. This appears in the play by play at NFL.com and I say the play myself.

Also Culpepper is missing 2 Fumble recoveries (+4 pts).

Although it may not make sense that you benefit by fumbling and recovering it, you should not be penalized and most importantly, these were the rules we had agreed to going in. How can we get this fixed ASAP, there is a close game between the Steamrollers and Rizzo's Crackers.

Actually, I didn't think that you got the two points for recovering your own fumble...you just got the benefit of not getting the additional -1.

I am sure that in the email threads about scoring rules that when I asked Bill about this he said that yes you would get +2 points for recovering your own fumble. I asked because I thought it made little sense.

Bill- Can you answer this. Again I know that you said that fumble recoveries by the offensive player counted for +2 points...even if he fumbled it. Please respond...I would like for you to address this.

I can understand why players do not get credit for recovering their own fumbles but it does not say that this in our rules and this is contrary to what we said in our scoring agreement too.

I know other league members should recall the email threads when we discussed the rules. Will anyone else respond for what they remember we discussed and what Bill said?

Guys,

I understand and agree with what you are saying, but since none of us had ever used this system before (myfantasyleague.com) there are going to be some problems.

I think that there is nothing we can do to correct this. I tried to have them (myfantasyleague.com) adjust the scoring (to give credit for the recovered fumbles) but I got nowhere.

We can either :

1. Live with it

2. I can manually edit the scoring, but since I can't watch everygame I will need the owners involved to let me know what to change.

later.

I say NO WAY should a player get gredit for recovering his own fumbles! I don't know how this will effect games already played, but it would be crazy to credit a player for fumbling (even if he recovers).

This is what we had agreed to going into the season. THis is what the scoring rules say. This was even clarified by Bill before the leagues even formed when we were deciding our scoring.

IMO rules are rules and if we want to change it after the season that is one thing but we should abide by the rules we selected now. Does it make sense that you can benefit by recovering your own fumble? NOt really but I pointed that out months ago and Bill said to me and all of us on the email thread deciding the rules that if that happened the player would have +2 points for recovering his own fumble (a net of +1).

I expect that I should have 2 points added to my total and points should be added for the Culpepper recoveries etc... For those that aren't aware, with this correction in scoring it changes the outcome in a game involving the Steamrollers vs. Rizzo's Crackers.

There is an error in the computer system...it is not because the player recovered his own fumble.

I checked for an instance where an offensive player recovered someone elses fumble to see if he was credited and he was not. In week 2 Lamar Smith recovered a Rodney Peete fumble but Arctic Dawgs did not receive the 2 Points for this.

These scoring corrections need to be corrected since they are in our rules and since they have already affect the outcome of a game.