Sign in to follow this  
Dan Sez

Round 1/2 discussion

That was a mild surprise, Benson dropped to me at 1.04. He works with Thomas Jones so I should get all that yardage (yeah, but it is still Chicago's yardage).

Funny, Benson was touted as the top back at one time and I think his emotional response at the draft hurt him in the Fantasy World almost as much as his slower than expected times in the combine.

Oh well, I am hopeful.

And Williamson at 1.05 was what I had planned all along.

Now, what will fall to me at 1.10?

Dont you dare take my guy dangit

If I had kept my 1.5 pick I was planning on taking him as well, especially since I got Burleson, that could have been sweet #'s, hopefully getting Edge will make me forget not having the MINNY WR duo...we will see!

I'm taking a risk on rebuilding. Didn't like how the whole situation was panning out (RBs/WRs/QBs) so I'll take a few lumps this year in an effort to reload and be dominate again in a year or two's time.

I'm taking a risk on rebuilding. Didn't like how the whole situation was panning out (RBs/WRs/QBs) so I'll take a few lumps this year in an effort to reload and be dominate again in a year or two's time.

If you're taking a few lumps, then I should be the lumpiest cat in this league :pointstosky:

I was in the league championship game last year and I have dismantled the team to a large extent.

I think I caught a couple of guys on career seasons and also didn't like how my RB situation with Thomas Jones and Travis Henry went so sour.

Standing on a corner, gets you nowhere. I felt I needed to make some moves.

I was really hoping Williams would fall to me but am happy with JJ. I don't know why but I just don't like Benson enuff.

Just a feeling.

i was worried with the 7th spot i would get left just outside of who i wanted, but arrington and williamson going early guarntees me one of two "studs" im set either way i feel <_<

Go ahead and preset your picks at RTSports and let one of us know to kick it off for you.

thanks

I was really hoping Williams would fall to me but am happy with JJ. I don't know why but I just don't like Benson enuff.

Just a feeling.

I hear a lot of opinion thinking Arrington will have the best rookie season of the four. If he turns out to be another Tiki Barber, you could do a lot worse.

Most "experts" projected him just outside of the so called big three, but I agree with you that he is a good pick and has a lot of potential.

Now I have the Chicago RBBC sewed up.

i was worried with the 7th spot i would get left just outside of who i wanted, but arrington and williamson going early guarntees me one of two "studs" im set either way i feel :unsure:

I'm almost ready. Just a moment more.

I considered dealing the pick to Bernie, but we couldn't work anything out.

I chose Mike Williams based on his extraordinary talent. He may be not the quickest dude out there, but he'll be a terror in the red zone and impossible for DB's to cover.

I chose Mike Williams based on his extraordinary talent. He may be not the quickest dude out there, but he'll be a terror in the red zone and impossible for DB's to cover.

I would have taken Williams before Williamson and Edwards too. There are many weapons in Detroit now and they finally have a decent QB in Garcia if Harrington continues to suxor.

Plus he's not from Miami so there's a better chance he won't end up in hospital or in jail.

Plus he's not from Miami so there's a better chance he won't end up in hospital or in jail.

:thumbsup:

Here's hoping.

the Clayton Brothers, ride again.

Had I kept the 1.08, I would have taken Shelton.  So, I guess I like that pick.

If we had done the trade down and the same two had been picked 6th & 7th, I'd have grabbed Clayton. For what that's worth.

Had I kept the 1.08, I would have taken Shelton.  So, I guess I like that pick.

If we had done the trade down and the same two had been picked 6th & 7th, I'd have grabbed Clayton. For what that's worth.

I am real happy he dropped to 1.10. All reports are that he is very polished for a rookie and has a good head on his shoulders. Now if Baltimore could just get a QB that could deliver the ball on spot and in time.

Nice pick of Bennett. I was hoping he'd drop under the radar all the way to 2.06, but I realized that this hope was unlikely to work out for me.

Hey, a starting RB behind a big line! He'll hold together.

Hear me, baby? Hold together. :o

Nice pick of Bennett. I was hoping he'd drop under the radar all the way to 2.06, but I realized that this hope was unlikely to work out for me.

He would not have made it past 2.03 :first:

Man, I've got a lot to learn about the way these drafts go :ph34r:

I know talking to LonghornDD that he was also interested in getting Bennett back on his roster. He called in with a pick - WR of Philly type Reggie Brown.

I had to. I kept thinking, what if he starts? Just what if? If he doesnt start, so I wasted a pick, big deal. The reward definitely outweighs the risk.

I called Mountain - he is at a new job - left a v-mail.

Hopefully he will call back soon.

I had hoped that Brady might slip down to me in the second round but thought it was a long shot.

For future considerations, I still would have picked Mark Clayton.

good pick

I had hoped that Brady might slip down to me in the second round but thought it was a long shot.

For future considerations, I still would have picked Mark Clayton.

good pick

I like Big Ben but Brady will put up better #'s overall, I was also excited about his overall points last year so hopefully I can get over the close game losing issues that have haunted me over the past two seasons!

Sorry about the delay. I got into the office and was told I had to go to an all-morning meeting right away that wasn't on my calendar. I'll pick in a couple minutes.

Sorry about the delay.  I got into the office and was told I had to go to an all-morning meeting right away that wasn't on my calendar.  I'll pick in a couple minutes.

Sorry again. I had to help out someone who stopped by with a work problem. She's gorgeous (see the I'm soooooooo gonna get fired thread at the other forearm) and so you guys had to wait a while longer.

I didn't see hellothere's presence on the site, then after I posted his pick, it looks like he joined us.

I executed your pick. Hope that is what you wanted.

wanted brady but i really like griese this year. i feel he is quickly becoming the gannon type to lead a powerhouse gruden offense. with caddy catching all kinds of screens and making a real run game for once things should open up. clayton has more than proved himself, and the additions of betch and hillard can't be overlooked. hopefully galloway can stay healthy, but i think tampa makes a lot of offensive strides this year.

I didn't see hellothere's presence on the site, then after I posted his pick, it looks like he joined us.

I executed your pick. Hope that is what you wanted.

<_< well done

Great pick and super value for a rookie this late in the draft.

I will just have to settle for another RB prospect and hope one of them takes the Minny job full time by end of year.

M.Moore looks to be more than just a toss in now. Him or Fason, I am betting on the new blood in Minnesota - oh yeah, and that new guy they have on the flanker - Lots of new blood.

Nice pick Blitzen. Actually I am shocked he slipped that low. I had him going late in Rd1 or early Rd2. He was the guy I have been targetting since before the draft.........but I could pass on Ricky.

Nice pick Blitzen. Actually I am shocked he slipped that low. I had him going late in Rd1 or early Rd2. He was the guy I have been targetting since before the draft.........but I could pass on Ricky.

Yeah, I am real shocked Miller fell so low. I woulda taken him over Fason.

You did good and got lucky. That combo is hard to beat.

Thanks. He'll make a nice combo with Heap and eventually replace Heap when he becomes too expensive.

;)

Galt focked me with the Toomer pick. I almost took him at 2.03 and hope Duckett slid to 2.08. Oops.

Very torn between Fason and Pennington at 2.08. I didn't figure either would make it to 3.05.