Tatum Bell

Lamont Jordan

WR

Reggie Wayne

Reggie Williams/Troy Williamson/Rashaun Woods/David Givens

Def

Panthers or Colts

definately a contender

Honestly, I don't understand what you're doing here Tuna. Earlier in the offseason you basically had a firesale and starting a rebuilding project - unloading Jamal Lewis, Rudi Johnson, Chad Johnson....basically the entire core of your franchise. And now you're completely reversing direction with this move. Not only that, but you're worse off agewise now being built around a 32 year old RB rather than the 25-26 year olds you gave up.

IMO, one of the most important things in these leagues is to figure out which side of the fence you're on and stick to the plan. Lack of direction will have you spinning your wheels for years at a time.

If you don't win the title this season, I think you will regret this move in 06 and beyond. In fact, I think you will regret this entire offseason for some time if you don't win it this year. And personally, I don't see the team you're sporting now as significantly better than the one you started the offseason with.

My starting lineup:

QB

Michael Vick

RB

Priest Holmes/Larry J

Tatum Bell

Lamont Jordan

WR

Reggie Wayne

Reggie Williams/Troy Williamson/Rashaun Woods/David Givens

Def

Panthers or Colts

definately a contender

Before the season it was:

QB

Mike Vick

RB

Jamal Lewis

Rudi Johnson

Tatum Bell

WR

Chad Johnson

Brandon Stokley

I just don't see you getting better all that much except at the #2 WR position - all you did was get older. And by next season, Wayne probably won't be a Colt anymore, Priest could be retired, and you're going to be :rolleyes:

From The Serbs Camp:

I've been trying to unload the Priest for a long time. Only 2 Scenarios available. Either I get LJ, or Tuna gets the Priest. (I couldn't manuver anything) Barlow weakens me at RB, Hines upgrades me at wideout, and I get another first rounder for next year. For me, I couldn't just sit and watch Priest fade into the sunset, like Faulk did when he fell from Grace. I may not win the title this year, but I think I set myself up for next year.

From The Serbs Camp:

I've been trying to unload the Priest for a long time. Only 2 Scenarios available. Either I get LJ, or Tuna gets the Priest. (I couldn't manuver anything) Barlow weakens me at RB, Hines upgrades me at wideout, and I get another first rounder for next year. For me, I couldn't just sit and watch Priest fade into the sunset, like Faulk did when he fell from Grace. I may not win the title this year, but I think I set myself up for next year.

This was a terrific move for your team. You didn't get the redraft value of Priest here, but long term it is a big upgrade for you. When the playoffs come around, it's a roll of the dice for who's going to win the title anyways. But you assured yourself of being one of the better teams and getting to roll the dice for longer with this.

WOW, this is an interesting deal. The Tuna saga continues, I agree with Dr. J, you just can not make up you mind on what you want to be. You looked to be rebuilding nicely, then you go and land Priest which is great if you can win it all, if not, you came up short here. If you were going to make a play like this it should have come before the fire sale earlier this year. Instead your a team without a clear direction. Priest makes you dangerous indeed, but long term you gained nothing b/c you already had the long term KC running game secured. If Priest comes out and blows up for 30 TD's and leads you to the title you'll look like a genius, if not, you could be left scratching your head at the end of this one.

For SA, nice deal, but you did hamper yourself in the short term. To me this deal hinges on Barlow and Barlow alone. If he bounces back, it could be nice, if not, one more ride into the sunset with Holmes may have been a better play. But at least you did get something for Priest before you got nothing.

Overall, not thrilled with either side, but could work out for either. The big winner on this one IMO is Wahoos, he is looking to run at the division title now IMO.

Wow...you can really tell when tuna doesn't like someone...he's willing to deal him for relatively cheap.

Tuna's been trying to package Barlow and Ward for a while now. Holmes is a great one-year fix, but this definitely hurts Tuna for the future.

Tuna, I need $25 by 30 Jun or this trade will be null and void.

Serbian, I need $19 (already have $6 from your winnings) by 30 Jun or this trade will be null and void.

Only because I know Tuna will ask why?

From our rules:

2. Our annual draft shall consist of four (4) rounds…1-12, 1-12, 1-12, 1-12 (not serpentine). The trading of draft picks are not only allowed, it is encouraged. In the event that an owner trades away a future year’s draft pick, each owner involved in said trade must pay one-half of the dues for the next year within two weeks of processed trade date. You may only trade one year ahead. Example: If we are in the 2005 season, then you may only trade away 2006 draft picks.

Wow...you can really tell when tuna doesn't like someone...he's willing to deal him for relatively cheap.

Tuna's been trying to package Barlow and Ward for a while now. Holmes is a great one-year fix, but this definitely hurts Tuna for the future.

Barlow will never be a championship caliber RB

Ward is a second tier WR easily replaced

My #1 will be a late #1

I get the best player in ff.

IT does not hurt me in the least in the future.

i have 3 starting RB's on very productive offenses and only one is not young (Priest) and i have his already rpoven backup, who has a great future.

My QB's are both young and Vick has likely only scratched the surface.

My WR corps is loaded with young, big, fast guys who have YET to hit their stride.

I have 3 #1 picks in the '04 Draft

I like my future a lot better than most of yours.

Tuna's been trying to package Barlow and Ward for a while now.  Holmes is a great one-year fix, but this definitely hurts Tuna for the future.

When Priest retires, rather than having Barlow, Ward, and your #1, you have nothing. It certainly hurts you in the future.

And all I know is this, dynasty valuewise:

Jamal Lewis >> Priest

Rudi Johnson >> Lamont Jordan

Chad Johnson >>>>> Reggie Wayne

Long term, you lost at 3 positions this offseason. And when Priest retires, rather than sitting on Jamal, Rudi, Bell, Larry you'll have just Lamont Jordan, Bell, Larry.

We'll see if your team can get it done, you pretty much have to win a title before Priest retires for this trade and offseason to be anything but a miserable failure... as simple as that.

i like this trade from DrJ's position, unloading priest this year while he still has value left is a must in a dynasty. ward is a great receiver and will likely be the go-to guy even more without plax there. barlow you never know, but that first rounder is great.

especially after looking at the rosters posted tuna has only made his team worse this offseason :blink: older and downgrades as pointed out

Tuna's been trying to package Barlow and Ward for a while now.  Holmes is a great one-year fix, but this definitely hurts Tuna for the future.

When Priest retires, rather than having Barlow, Ward, and your #1, you have nothing. It certainly hurts you in the future.

And all I know is this, dynasty valuewise:

Jamal Lewis >> Priest

Rudi Johnson >> Lamont Jordan

Chad Johnson >>>>> Reggie Wayne

Long term, you lost at 3 positions this offseason. And when Priest retires, rather than sitting on Jamal, Rudi, Bell, Larry you'll have just Lamont Jordan, Bell, Larry.

We'll see if your team can get it done, you pretty much have to win a title before Priest retires for this trade and offseason to be anything but a miserable failure... as simple as that.

1. Jamal Lewis has never had a season as good as Priest (and Priest will be infinately better next year when i can win NOW)

2. Lamont Jordan vs. Rudi Johnson is to be determined Rudi is an mediocre fantasy starter...Jordan has an opportunity to certainly pass him IMO. (Rudi was ranked 23rd in fantasy points per start in 2004...not exactly studly)

3. yes Chad J is beeter than Wayne, but not by much and likely not this year. Wayne was the #7 FF reciever last year in some leagues CJ was #9

and i gained 3 #1's for '06

While i admit it is certainly a risk, i look at my team now and i see it can certainly beat Miller's team. And they just won the title.

I think Dr J's jealousy that i have once again zipped by him and vaulted myself to the elite of the league like i have in Lombardi has him salivating.

My prediction: 9-4

Playoff berth

see ya in the Title game Wahoos. :blink:

While i admit it is certainly a risk, i look at my team now and i see it can certainly beat Miller's team. And they just won the title.

Keep dreaming, your still stuck in the kiddie pool hoping and dreaming you could only just hang with the NTAC!!!!

Serbian, I need $19 (already have $6 from your winnings) by 30 Jun or this trade will be null and void.

Need you to email me your addy please. I know you've givin it to me a million times, but I can't find it. :rolleyes:

and i gained 3 #1's for '06

False - you just dealt one here so you gained 2. And you gained one of those just dealing away Dominic Rhodes for the 1.10 and 1.10 for my #1 like you did. That doesn't have a lot to do with you giving away your young RB's for old and retiring ones and your best young WR for a lesser replacement. You gained 1 in that process.

3. yes Chad J is beeter than Wayne, but not by much and likely not this year.  Wayne was the #7 FF reciever last year in some leagues CJ was #9

Also, I think you're crazy to suggest this. Wayne will be leaving the Colts more likely than not. When he does, his FF stats will more closely resemble his talent level, and Chad will have it by a mile. Short term they may be a bit close - long term, not even...

(Rudi was ranked 23rd in fantasy points per start in 2004...not exactly studly)

3. yes Chad J is beeter than Wayne, but not by much and likely not this year. Wayne was the #7 FF reciever last year in some leagues CJ was #9

this is a deceptive stat, rudi was ranked #11 as far as weekly average goes in terms of RB, attempting to rank players as a all together is not a good idea. if you compare purely fp player for player then in your mind bledsoe is worth more than mcallister and bettis is worth more than holt :mad:

and prefering to have wayne over CJ is ridiculous. a solidified #1 who has proven himself studly, vs a #2 who's future is up in the air, he could very well go to another team and turn into the next peerless, the point is you don't know.

it looks like you are just attempting to justify your trades, but they can't be logically done so when taken into the broad picture