Sign in to follow this  
Mike MacGregor

Baseball Compiler and Buddy anyone?

Ok people, after fielding a landslide of requests the past 2 years, I've finally broken down and tried to build a baseball version of the Cheatsheet Compiler and Draft Buddy. They are available here:

Compiler + Buddy (zipped)

OR

Compiler (unzipped)

Draft Buddy (unzipped)

Keep in mind these are Beta versions, meaning I think they work, but can't guarantee it. If you used the football versions, these should be a snap to master, but instructions are included in the files.

Please download them and try them out. If you have any questions let me know. Positive or negative feedback (no name calling please) would be very much appreciated. We can discuss here or shoot me an email at mike@profootballanalysis.com .

Hope you like it.

Cheers,

Mike

Originally posted by posty:

So um...  Who made the projections?

A collection of the finest prognosticators in Fantasy Sports, and Big Perm...

Originally posted by posty:

So um...  Who made the projections?

Current projections are from RotoTimes. They were the only available free projections I could find. (Note to self: I should give them credit in the download files.)

I mostly needed a source to try to make sure I had all the new players plus veterans who are on new teams. You guys can change the projections as you see fit on the batters and pitchers tabs, or if you want to use projections from another source, they can be copied into the Compiler in place of the RotoTimes projections.

Guest 1 for the thumb

Great job Mike. This is great. Works fine for me. Just wondering if you will be updating it at any time? Current projections etc. Once again thanks.

Hi 1. Thanks. I hope to update some features this weekend as time permits. Also, I am talking to some fantasy baseball gurus about getting their projections (including regular updates) into the Compiler. Since I've kind of done this last minute, hopefully I can work something out for this season.

It seems there are a lot of pay sites out there for baseball and not many free ones, so if you like the Compiler/Buddy, it might come down to users signing up with the site of their choice for projections, and then copying them into the Compiler. I can give plenty of tips on how to do that if need be. In fact, I'm sure there are some old threads in this forum on copying data into Excel.

Originally posted by BrahmaBulls:

Is it possible for me to change the 4 X 4 to include SBs and not Runs?  Thanks.

Not at this time. I made it so the 4X4 and 5X5 categories are "set in stone" so to speak as I was under the impression these are the most common 4X4 and 5X5 categories. Let me think about how to perhaps implement a choice of categories.

Originally posted by Burt:

Hey Mike, USA Today has some free projections.  John Hunt probably had a hand in developing them, so take them with a grain of salt.

Thanks Burt. I will check them out. Seeing the "powered by RotoTimes" at the bottom of the USA Today pages though makes me think they just might be the same projections as we already have.

I think the download links work Sam, but if you're still having troubles send me an email and I can send you the file directly.

As for updates everyone, I have fallen a bit behind thanks to the "day job" and new night job looking after my daughter, but hope to have a next version together soon. Still working on finding a good source for projections with updates too.