Sign in to follow this  
GiantsRule

Reggie Wayne on the trading block

Most people would try to maintain their best players and sell off the "extras". But then again, most people are smart.

Instead, I'm looking to keep the borderline (Colbert) or aging (Bruce) talent and see what I can get in trade for my most talented (Wayne).

Would like to get a servicable starting RB or a high draft pick in this year's draft for him. Just shoot over some offers.

Keep in mind: Daunte and Portis are pretty much locks to remain on my roster. I'm fielding offers for Reggie Wayne and anybody else now.

:lol:

I offered two different RBs last week for Wayne............................ :lol:

Oh well, Walker is a decent consolation prize.................... :lol:

:lol:

I offered two different RBs last week for Wayne............................ :lol:

Oh well, Walker is a decent consolation prize.................... :lol:

I know e. It's all about bad timing though. Honestly, Barlow & Foster were both hard sells (as we discussed before). I believe you about what you told me about SF (since you're a fan), but I still am not 100% confident that Barlow can rebound and Maurice Hicks proved to be a capable solution for the Niners.

I think Foster has Top 10 potential written all over him but:

A. I already locked myself into holding onto Colbert

B. Carolina's backfield is still way too crowded, particularly with no news about Stephen Davis (and June 1 has passed)

This doesn't mean I'll bite on the first back that comes along though. Just wanted to gauge interest from teams loaded with backs that might feel their #3 is solid trade bait for a Top 10 receiver. If there's actually a back less valuable than I perceived Foster or Barlow to be, I won't be taking it.

Remember: I never wanted to get a WR and lose Tiki. But I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get equal value plus the 17th pick overall when I was hurting for both picks and young talent.

Jason, please meet me on AIM.

I'll try in the next 10 minutes (it's 5:03 PM EST now).

very interested

Wow. What Ken has done with the Seattle Stars since the end of the season has been incredible. :lol: