Sign in to follow this  
Dan Sez

wrapping it up - June 12 and thoughts on the next round

Longhorn knows he is on the clock and since no one is being held up, it will be this afternoon before he picks. (work, need to research, the big cheese heading out at 2pm).

I have updated the rosters at RTSports. I am sorry I slipped up on the updates during the day yesterday (work crisis of my own) and last night the site appeared to be down. Hopefully they are installing the decimal scoring.

Are we going to write a series of review this time, given the further fleshing out of the rosters? We can get a better "grade" now, but some teams still do not have team defenses and no one has kickers yet.

Timing for the next draft.

I would like the target the start date as the Tuesday morning following the 3rd NFL preseason game week. Most teams try to start their starters for at least a half and the final week of preseason is an exercise in not getting hurt. So after this important 3rd week, we should be in a position to react to the main camp news and see better the roster shake-downs, how some team defenses are looking and who the heck is going to be kicking for some teams.

If we start on the Tuesday and push, we can be finished by Friday night going into the final weekend of preseason games.

What do you think?

I think this draft proved, even after the shaky start, that we can draft at a steady pace and I wanted it after the 3rd week just for having a peek at the starting and main reserves for everyone.

Alright, I'm saying it right now. I NEED A CELL CALL sometime near the draft to nudge me back into action. I start traveling again in early July so my mind will be elsewhere. Thanks.

Originally posted by shovelheadt:

I NEED A CELL CALL.

I can do that.

Originally posted by Dan Sez:

What do you think?

Let's put a date down for this. What day is that? Thanks.

sounds good. email/call/post all to remind it bueno

Lets shoot for the 26th of August.

How does that fit into everyone's schedules?

Fine by me!

I anticipate no problems.

Im going out of town on the 27th or 28h to a family re-union / golf tournament and will be gone all weekend. Nextel also does not have any service where I am going (Western PA) so I will be out of touch. I will be back the following Tuesday. If we could start on the 25th and get through it in 2 days I will be ok....but as of right now I ave no clue exactly what day we are leaving as I am not driving. I really wont have solid dates until 2 weeks before we leave at best.

Sorry for causing problems :D

Dan you said in an earlier thread the August fraft was 4 rounds?? I thought it was 6.

Originally posted by Scatterjack:

Dan you said in an earlier thread the August fraft was 4 rounds?? I thought it was 6.

It is six.

I need to check with my wife, the keeper of the camping dates, to see if we're in at that time. Will get back later today.

We could try moving it up to Monday, but be aware there maybe a game playing out thru the 2nd,3rd round and it may have an impact.

Could everyone commit to either being online closer to the 4th of Sept. We could knock it out Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday just before opening game and change the parameters:

Example:

Monday the 1st Sept 1pm east - 8pm east. We draft with a 1 hour timeout rule.

Tuesday the 2nd Sept 1pm east - 10pm east.

Wednesday the 3rd Sept 10am till finished.

I know we can do it but lets set reasonable forecast. Hello's schedule changes (when does the next school cycle start?

We might aim for the window for an intense draft session on hello's week break when he can predict better his time on line.

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

I think any of those days works for me.

I can likely do whatever. Maybe we can set aside a couple hours on the Sunday afternoon/evening before the season's first games and get this done in one quick sitting. Weeknights aren't easy due to the time zone differences. Or the slow forearm fraft if we can get everyone to make getting through it quickly a priority. (IE, send lists if offline for more than an hour.)

Guys, I'll be down in Tampa with Lord of the Flies for a different fantasy draft on the 22nd and returning home the evening of the 26th. I'll still be available by cell phone though.