Sign in to follow this  
whoisjgalt

Round Two Fraft Commentary

What is the lastest word on Suggs playing this season or not?

I am not sold on William Green - and I have him in another keeper league, so who knows what will happen here. Butch Davis maybe heading back in the college ranks in two year's time.

O is just being smart and handcuffing his Green pick.

Originally posted by Dan Sez:

What is the lastest word on Suggs playing this season or not?

I don't think he'll play at all.

Yeah. Just a handcuff guy. Before his knee injury, he was considered a first to second round pick, so maybe Cleveland and I have a steal.

I understand the logic of the pick, I was wondering what the news was.

I heard first, that he would be "red-shirted" but then I heard a second opinion that some limited form of scoping could open up the possibility of possible playing time mid season or later.

Any latest gossip/reports/news etc.

I heard first, that he would be "red-shirted" but then I heard a second opinion that some limited form of scoping could open up the possibility of possible playing time mid season or later.

I haven't heard more than that which you just wrote. I should probably hope he's out till next year so I could avoid a running back controversy.

Shovel is coming online soon to make his pick. I am certain I can call KD as long as it is by 9:15 CST (on the road still).

He may want to log on and pick depending how far he is from home.

I am not so sure about calling Scatterjack so late.

Originally posted by Orgazmo:

Yeah. Just a handcuff guy.

I guess you'll be frafting Jamel White in Round 3?

I see some of the TEs are starting to be snatched up.

I grabbed what I hope is a starter in D.Thompson. Yeah, the QB situation is muddled, but Griese has put up some numbers before and why would they give him such a contract if this season is not an audition to replace the fantasy wall-flower Jay Fiedler.

I am hoping by mid-season, that Thompson will be a useful and relatively productive lineup filler.

Need a QB for Week 8 as Vick & Gannon are both on bye.

I figure Griese will be the starter by then, either because Fiedler sucks or the inevitable Fiedler injury

-- Suggs Rehab Update -- from FFMastermind.com

The Plain Dealer reports Browns rookie RB Lee Suggs, the fourth-round pick from Virginia Tech, underwent surgery three weeks ago and said he could be on the field in as little as five weeks - by the start of training camp. He said he had a slightly torn rotator cuff, a slightly torn ligament and an inflamed bursa sack in his shoulder. He was told it was an eight-to-12-week recovery. "I'm going to play this season," he said. "No doubt."  

I don't know whether to take this as good news or not. My backfield picture just got muddier.