Sign in to follow this  
whoisjgalt

Draft Commentary -- Round 6

I'll be out of touch for the next 2 hours or more. I imagine that we won't get past Longhorn anyway, but I will check in later just in case.

Great progress today everyone.

I'm heading for a 1RB, 8WR starting formation I think.

Its all about guaranteed touches and points so I'll glady take a couple more 1,000 yard receivers.

4 WRs - 340 catches, 4,654 yards and 23 TDs...ok, I'll take it.

Originally posted by Hog Chow:

LMAO...just looked at my divisional foes...we are certainly the WR Division!

Our teams look very similar indeed! Are you using my cheatsheet?

Originally posted by Bill Swerski:

Are you using my cheatsheet?

No, but I could use your sheet in BOSMOSPOF! I've gotten killed in that league both years.

I will call Longhorndd to see if he has a pick.

lol...j/k, I wasthisclose to taking Rod.

I was always high on Rod Smith until I saw a TV piece and read a followup article on his poor workout and eating habits. He'll be as fat as me in no time. :D

[ 02-25-2003: Message edited by: Bill Swerski ]

Just got off the phone with Longhorndd. Updated. He will be calling back in 20-30 minutes.

Programmed Obselence. If Rod Smith gives me three good years, I will be a happy man.

Originally posted by Dan Sez:

Programmed Obselence

I know I'm not the only guy here who doesn;t know what this means dagblammit! :D

I am planning on cutting players two or three years down the road by selecting a few good producers who will be replaced by guys I draft in June and beyond drafts.

You can't keep them all. You can only keep one forever. The rest cost you.

Nice pick with Darrell Jackson. I thought about him when I took Dunn but I couldn't go with only 1 RB. Solid value even though Robinson really came on at the end of the season.

I was always high on Rod Smith until I saw a TV piece and read a followup article on his poor workout and eating habits.  He'll be as fat as me in no time.    :D

[ 02-25-2003: Message edited by: Bill Swerski ]

Man that was like midseason last year when they had Ricky talking about how he only eats "such and such whatever" and then they show Rod talking about ice cream and Ho-Ho's. That was the point when i realized i made a mistake drafting him as a #1 WR

hope i didn't hold you all too much, we made a lot of progress anyway today i think. i will echo the fact that talent is taking a nose dive here.

D.Jax :mad: Can't believe i was just two slots away from him, man i was so targeting him after my last pick, good job.

I also really like the D.Mason pick, if McNair can keep his body duck taped together he will continue to put up good numbers.

Nice pick, Shovel.

The last of the 1,000 yard WRs is gone (using last year #s). Jimmy should give you 3 or 4 more quality years, IMO.

[ 02-26-2003: Message edited by: Hog Chow ]

Nice pick with Darrell Jackson.  I thought about him when I took Dunn but I couldn't go with only 1 RB.  Solid value even though Robinson really came on at the end of the season.

Thanks. I was targeting Dunn or Mason or Jackson here. When Mason went off the board before the round started, I wasn't liking my chances. Then you took Dunn and I was pretty worried. I think there's a pretty big age/talent drop off after DJax. Jimmy's nice, but old. Same for Rod.

Nice pick, Shovel.

The last of the 1,000 yard WRs is gone (using last year #s).  Jimmy should give you 3 or 4 more quality years, IMO.

[ 02-26-2003: Message edited by: Hog Chow ]

Thanks, I was hoping for Jackson but oh well.