Sign in to follow this  
GameDay Guru

Decimal Scoring

I propose that we use decimal scoring - to eleviate many headaches and ensure the fact that the team that accumulates the most yardage will be rewarded for doing so. Looks like we need a vote - I'll start off with a vote to implement decimal scoring.

GDG

Not saying I don't like the Idea of using Decibel scoring -- but haven't the rules already been voted on -- I say we let the current rules stand at least for one year to see how it goes. If there are indeed headaches -- change it then.

I don't think that it is sooo bad if a tie occurs, it happens in real life.

I also agree with Moz, the rules are already established for this year, any change should only be incorporated next year if passed.

NO

I love the idea of decimal scoring. Less chance of a tie and more of a true score.

Vote YES for decimal scoring.

Looks like 3-3 at this point.

Christgs80 any reason for not likeing it? Just curious.

I don't care either way really, but I am going by the fact we've already established the rules for this year, and I feel no changes should be allowed after we have already drafted and set the rules.

Just my opinion.

We already drafted according to a certain point system. I'm not saying decimal scoring wouldn't be a good idea but after this season has taken place is the time to take this vote not now IMO.

Unless Steve want's to change the rules and have another draft ( which seriously doubt ).

[ 07-04-2003: Message edited by: The Moz ]

What draft picks of yours would have changed because we were going to use decimal scoring? I mean I don't think I would have not picked Portis because his 89 yards in a game would actually get him 8.9 points.

I don't care either way - but if we don't have decimal scoring, we need a tiebreaker system set into place, I've experienced a tie in the playoffs - and it was quite a mess. Frankly the team with the best record getting the win in a case of a tie is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

Originally posted by GameDay Guru:

What draft picks of yours would have changed because we were going to use decimal scoring? I mean I don't think I would have not picked Portis because his 89 yards in a game would actually get him 8.9 points.

I don't care either way - but if we don't have decimal scoring, we need a tiebreaker system set into place, I've experienced a tie in the playoffs - and it was quite a mess. Frankly the team with the best record getting the win in a case of a tie is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

GDG I'm not saying it would or wouldn't have changed my mind about who to draft anyway -- just that a point system was put into place before we drafted and agreed upon. To be honest if someone would have suggested Decibel scoring when we were setting up the league i would have voted for it. I am just voting against changing the rules mid stream more than I am voting against decibel scoring.

As Far as Ties go I feel you -- I was in the title game and had a Tie and lost becasue the other teams reserves scored more points. I just think we should play the season out and then have a vote next offseason.

thats my final say on this.

though if everyone wants decibel scoring NOW I will go along.

Originally posted by GameDay Guru:

Well said GDG. I don't see the big deal in the change. IMO it is only for the better here.

It is foolish to think that anyone would draft different for decimal scoring. What is the big deal? As for the tie breaker, it is ridiculous the better team gets the win there. Unfortunately if there are people that want to "stick with these rules" for this year than I am sure we won't get that changed either. JMO

Current Vote

For Decimal: 4

Against Decimal: 3

Anyone know where everyone else is?

Christgs: Against

Singman:

Game Day: For

JCW412: For

Joey:

Wuerffel:

Moz: Against

Captain Lou:

Shox: For

Uncle Paul:

Brain: Against

Divine: For

Originally posted by JCW412:

Current Vote

For Decimal:  4

Against Decimal:  3

Christgs:  Against

Singman:

Game Day:  For

JCW412:  For

Joey:

Wuerffel:

Moz:  Against

Captain Lou:

Shox:  For

Uncle Paul:

Brain:  Against

Divine:  For

I will save my vote for now.

Originally posted by singman:

I will save my vote for now.

Fair enough. Can you have Uncle Paul log in when he has time. You do work with him, right?

Fair enough.  Can you have Uncle Paul log in when he has time.  You do work with him, right?

Already let him know!

I would like to change my vote FOR decibel scoring . The more I think about it -- altoght I hate changing the rules after things have already started this is a change for the better and makes it alot more like the NFL.

Current Vote

For Decimal:  5

Against Decimal:  2

Christgs:          Against

Singman:

Game Day:          For

JCW412:            For

Joey:

Wuerffel:

Moz:               For

Captain Lou:

Shox:              For

Uncle Paul:

Brain:             Against

Divine:            For

Way to come around Moz.

;)

[ 07-07-2003: Message edited by: JCW412 ]

Originally posted by The Moz:

I would like to change my vote FOR decibel scoring .  The more I think about it -- altoght I hate changing the rules after things have already started this is a change for the better and makes it alot more like the NFL.

Always knew I liked that Moz guy.

JCW , GDG - I voted no only becasue I didn't want a presedent set that we start changing the rules mid way ! But as I said the more I thought about it an realized I have M. Faulk and M. Harrison the more I liked the Idea. :D

My one question is How will passing yards be scored ? I know ru/rec will be .1 every but Passing I have no Idea.

Not sure how we are going to plan on doing QB scoring here, but in my other league (the one I commish) we have .1 for every 3 yards. It is a little different than what we would get here, but something similar could be used.

For example 5 yards = .2 point would be the same as 25 yards = 1 point.

For anyone who hasn't used decimal scoring before, I am sure you will like it a lot better.

[ 07-08-2003: Message edited by: JCW412 ]

I vote no on changing the rules after the draft...even if the rule wouldn't have affected the way we all drafted, it's the principal.

However, if we haven't already we do need to decide the playoff tie breaker. I imagine that'd be a different vote.

OK. Here is my opinion. When I created the rules I included a section for breaking ties at the end of the regular fantasy season. However I did not include a section for breaking ties in regular season or post season games. That was my oversight and also my fault. You could also say it was somewhat your faults as well as I asked you guys to look over the rules and let me know if I had forgotten anything and nobody pointed it out. No matter, the question is now what do we do to put a tie breaking system into place. I am of the opinion that we should implement decimal scoring. Decimal scoring essentialy does not change the original scoring rules but virtually assures us of no ties. The decimal scoring would be set up to award players the same number of points as the original scoring (IE: 1pt/ every 25 yards passing, 4pt/ Passing TD......ETC). AS always I will go with the vote but my vote is yes for decimal scoring!

Current Vote

For Decimal:  6

Against Decimal:  3

Against:  Christgs, Uncle Paul, Brain

For:  Singman, Gameday, JCW412, Moz, Shox, Divine

Still waiting for:  Joey, Wuerffel, Captain

Thanks for chiming in Singman. Like you said, there is no change in the scoring if we move to the decimals. It is just making it more exact while nearly eliminating the chance of a tie.

If Captain, Joey or Wuerffel come around with the decimal scoring, we can end this topic and move on with some more important trade talks!

[ 07-08-2003: Message edited by: JCW412 ]

Wuerffel, nothing is changing, just getting the scoring more exact. Regardless of the vote here, we are going to have to vote on a tie breaker.

Vote count:

Decimal 6

Against 4

Still waiting on Joey and or Captain. One vote for finally ends this thing!

Nice job Joey. Welcome back.

Looks like we have a majority.

Decimal 7

Against 4

Singman, can you take things from here?

Nice job Joey.  Welcome back.

Looks like we have a majority.  

Decimal 7

Against 4

Singman, can you take things from here?

Yeah I think I can handle it Dad!

:D

I will take care of it and make an announcement.

Originally posted by singman:

Yeah I think I can handle it Dad!

:D

I will take care of it and make an announcement.

Ok wise guy. Sorry I stepped on your toes.

:mad: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mad:

Ok wise guy.  Sorry I stepped on your toes.

:rolleyes:    :D    :rolleyes:    :mad:

Just goofing! Your input would be accepted!

:mad:

The decimal scoring system has been put in. Please look at the website and somebody let me kniw if I have forgot something!