Sign in to follow this  
Diesel07

Rounds 8 & 9 Commentary

Oh i got love for Dunn,the former nole, but i needed a WR at the time. If he was available when it came back around to me, i would of took him without hesitation.

Porter may not be the perfect candidate for this pick due to his low tackles, but he is the next best all around LB after Urlacher. Hence, I am glad.

I actually loved that Archuletta pick. Way to go. I had contemplated on him way too much at the 7.03 spot when I picked Dawkins. I even considered snagging him as well if he fell here.

I thought about Archuletta at the last second before making the Smith pick and now I wish I'd have gone with it. Oh well.

Dunn was the guy I still had higher than Mack, by about 10 spots overall, but he plays vs Tampa and at Carolina when Davis and Williams have a bye, so I thought that was good enough reason to take a chance on Mack. Maybe I'm nuts. :)

I was gonna pick Archuletta, but then I saw Conway there. And I decied to get some WR depth since offense is pretty scarce. And just my luck Pennington gets hurt.

Probably just my rankings...but I had Dunn ranked above all of the following backs. Just curious about the reasoning behind grabbing these back when they were taken.

4.10 Canidate-Hasn't really cried out, "THE STARTING ROLE IS MINE!

5.7 Hambrick- Haven't heard anything too promising, except that the Cowboys have no one else...

6.6 Zeroe-Got the starting nod, but the line doesn't look good and the Bus is gonna steal carries.

7.7 Buckhalter-The whole situation in Philly is scary.

7.11 Staley-Is he even in camp yet, or is he just eating candy on the ferris wheel?

7.10 Mack-See the reasing there seeing as how he's your #3.

8.8 Barlow-STILL hasn't won the job from Hearst

Now...don't go crazy on me here, just callin' it how I see it. Yes, Dunn will have Ducket vulturing stats, but with the exception of Mack and Hambrick, so will all of these other backs. Just wondering the reasoning why you guys passed on Dunn. I think he's a much more proven commodity than all of these guys.

I am on deck but I :) haven't slept in days. Who can take my list?

Sisters of No Mercy:

Probably just my rankings...but I had Dunn ranked above all of the following backs. Just curious about the reasoning behind grabbing these back when they were taken.

5.7 Hambrick- Haven't heard anything too promising, except that the Cowboys have no one else...

6.6 Zeroe-Got the starting nod, but the line doesn't look good and the Bus is gonna steal carries.

7.11 Staley-Is he even in camp yet, or is he just eating candy on the ferris wheel?

Now...don't go crazy on me here, just callin' it how I see it. Yes, Dunn will have Ducket vulturing stats, but with the exception of Mack and Hambrick, so will all of these other backs. Just wondering the reasoning why you guys passed on Dunn. I think he's a much more proven commodity than all of these guys.

My 2 cents...

I wanted Heap not Canidate, but he has the most potential of the pack and actually with the least amount of threats in your list. Hambrick was so good that good old Murrell just got 24 yards the other day. Mack is so great that Hollings takes as many carries. Duckett is a 1st rounder, that will play in... If he were so good, how the hell did he not shine in Tampa with a hell of a fullback.

We are scraping the bowl here... I do not think it is the best idea to brag how well we did scraping.

PIK 95:

I can not believe he missed the pick by a matter of minutes after all that waiting!!

friar:

I do not think it is the best idea to brag how well we did scraping.

Not braggin', just trying to get some commentary on picks going.

I wouldn't exactly call these guys 'scraping the bowl'. When we get into the Musa Smith, O. Gary, Fred Beasley stage, I would call THAT 'scraping the bowl".

Sisters of No Mercy

I wouldn't exactly call these guys 'scraping the bowl'. When we get into the Musa Smith, O. Gary, Fred Beasley stage, I would call THAT 'scraping the bowl". [/QB]

You are correct sir!

As I pondered that Archuletta pick, I was mildly surprised to have him available, and a little worried that I had missed some important tidbit of info that he should fall to me at that pick.

I feel a little more secure after hearing you guys comment on it though.

PIK 95:

Dang it, PIK! Ask not who you can send a list... just send the list!!! :D

t.j:

PIK 95:

Dang it, PIK! Ask not who you can send a list... just send the list!!! :D
Sorry, I just passed out while waiting. No one was around. :P frown

I'll confess to oversights on my part. I loved Mephisto's argument (a couple years ago) for drafting your starters before drafting players destined for your bench, BUT had I realized Dunn was on the board I would have nabbed him. He lingered too long and we gave up big value there. Trevor, I hear your reasoning for Mack before Dunn, but I dunno 'bout dat. I flat missed him. Blame the vacation, whatever. :)

Then I'd rather not think about the Jimmy Smith pick as desperate as I am at receiver. I didn't want the Hilliards of the world because I wanted go to players and I think I have some strong research supporting my picks, but I could have waited for another and took Jimmy. More regrets from the balcony. frown

**** PICK 9.03 *****

9.03 I sent it to TJ to post... I will not be available. Letting you guys know.

PIK 95:

Sorry, I just passed out while waiting. No one was around. :) :D [/QB]

up, missed ya by just half an hour. Seems fitting somehow. :P

FourTwoOh:

up, missed ya by just half an hour. Seems fitting somehow. :)

So, you have time to post in this thread now that you're up, but not to make your pick!? :confused:

Zap:

FourTwoOh:

up, missed ya by just half an hour. Seems fitting somehow. :)

So, you have time to post in this thread now that you're up, but not to make your pick!? :confused:
I honestly looked at the post count in the wrong thread and still saw 11. D'oh! Had to run some errands for my daughters departure. I'll stand by my pick times. wink

I am sorry about this. tj was always posting other people's picks, so I though it would be the easiest. Really sorry!

Zap:

I'll confess to oversights on my part. I loved Mephisto's argument (a couple years ago) for drafting your starters before drafting players destined for your bench, BUT had I realized Dunn was on the board I would have nabbed him. He lingered too long and we gave up big value there. Trevor, I hear your reasoning for Mack before Dunn, but I dunno 'bout dat. I flat missed him. Blame the vacation, whatever. :)

Then I'd rather not think about the Jimmy Smith pick as desperate as I am at receiver. I didn't want the Hilliards of the world because I wanted go to players and I think I have some strong research supporting my picks, but I could have waited for another and took Jimmy. More regrets from the balcony. :D

Not being there for your picks and having other people go off lists is always a formula for a regrettable draft. frown

t.j:

Zap:

I'll confess to oversights on my part. I loved Mephisto's argument (a couple years ago) for drafting your starters before drafting players destined for your bench, BUT had I realized Dunn was on the board I would have nabbed him. He lingered too long and we gave up big value there. Trevor, I hear your reasoning for Mack before Dunn, but I dunno 'bout dat. I flat missed him. Blame the vacation, whatever. :D

Then I'd rather not think about the Jimmy Smith pick as desperate as I am at receiver. I didn't want the Hilliards of the world because I wanted go to players and I think I have some strong research supporting my picks, but I could have waited for another and took Jimmy. More regrets from the balcony. :P

Not being there for your picks and having other people go off lists is always a formula for a regrettable draft. :(
:)

I'm not sure if Garcia in the 9th round was a good pick or not? :confused: :confused:

Probably should have went with another defensive player, but I honestly couldn't decide on who to go with. I had a bunch of players ranked in the same tier...hopefully one or two are left for me when it comes back my way, or else I'll be pissed at myself for taking a backup QB.

As far as the Jimmy Smith pick goes, I'd love to have him as my #3 WR right now, and I probably would have taken him over Garcia. He's was easily the best value on the board at WR, IMO.

I know Kearse tweaked his ankle early on, but everything I have read is indicating that there was no "damage" and they are putting him on light duty, restricting his pre-season games to ensure none occurs.

I think the freak will return to form this year and have a decent season for me.

I considered taking McNair three, four rounds ago but I had this feeling he would still be around. Being a pick short in this draft I felt I needed to hold off on QB as long as possible. When Pennington went down after my last pick I thought the diluted QB pool would cost me my guy... I'm surprised 13 QBs went before "Air" but I am happy with how it worked out. I'm not that surprised since there are a lot of guys rated pretty close, but I didn't think there would be so many taken at this point.

teddyt:

As far as the Jimmy Smith pick goes, I'd love to have him as my #3 WR right now, and I probably would have taken him over Garcia. He's was easily the best value on the board at WR, IMO.

I was hoping Smith would last to my 8.9 pick with my lackluster core of recievers. Would have taken him over Dunn and been happier than a pig in sh**.

I do like getting Morton as my #3. I think his sorry performance last year was due more to trying to learn a complicated system on a new team than a lack of talent on his part. With a year under his belt, I think he'll return to form. And then some.

Sisters of No Mercy:

Well, since I picked up 3 of the guys you ranked below Dunn, I guess it its my responsibility to reply...Quite simply, I felt that this is T.J Duckets year. I expect about 8-10 Tds from him with only average yards, with Dunn getting lots of catches and a few yards himself. More to the point, I feel as if Dunn, no matter how well he performs, will not have the chance to be the Falcon's only back. Duckett is too good with different abilities that are needed, that Dunn doesn't have. Buckhalter, Hambrick, and Zeroe, all have unstable positions with their terams, however, if these guys shine...then they will not have to worry about their backups...their backups are either finished, not wanted, or not that good....I think Dunn is a better FF back than all of them, just not this year with the Falcons.... :cool:

As I departed for the mainland there were three "value" players atop my list. I was hoping, even expecting two of them to be available when I got home. The Viking RB, the 9er QB, and the Raider LB. :)

So instead of feeling good about value, I filled a couple needs from tiers that I felt were about to hit drop offs.