Sign in to follow this  
t.j

Rounds 6 & 7 Commentary

:D FOCK. I thought for sure Roy Williams would fall to me at 6.03. Oh well, at least you made up my decision whether or not to take Aaron Brooks. :D

I'm surprised Brooks was there. I spent a day in the jungle contemplating the murky quagmire that remains at WR, came online and almost picked two I had decided on. I read the Gannon love comments and snagged a QB sooner than I anticipated. I'm way off my expected route to the final roster, but I'm happy to have him as a near 6th round pick.

On Williams, I really wanted him and figured he wouln't come back around, so I shelved the receivers. I can see it now. I'm starting Fred Barnett and Herman Moore. :D

Dood, did you do Hana when you were in Hawaii?

Brooks and Williams and Troy Brown were debated in my head in every combination.

Zap:

Brooks and Williams and Troy Brown were debated in my head in every combination.

I am big on Roy Williams as well, but I had him penciled @ 8th round.

You would ask... but why Jason Taylor on the 5th & even before Gannon?

Well, I do have to think about that long & hard before I make sense, but he seemed to be that one sure thing at that pick.

Im with friar on that one. I figured around round 8 he (roy) would go, but someone jumped on the roy williams bus a little to early IMO. I'd rather get the Offensive talent and take a defensive player in the middle/lower end of the 1st tier. Id rather risk loosing say 10-15 tackles and a couple INT's than a relaibel/consistent WR. There's way too much depth in the defense IMO, but hey; if the price is right, im all for it :D

I would have jumped at Brooks in the 5th, but I already have Horn and McAllister. Talk about all your eggs in one basket. That's why I was trying to trade McAllister.

IMO Brooks could be huge this year...

teddyt:

I would have jumped at Brooks in the 5th, but I already have Horn and McAllister. Talk about all your eggs in one basket. That's why I was trying to trade McAllister.

IMO Brooks could be huge this year...

I'll take McAllister off your hands Teddy if you so want....

Curtis Martin + Trung Canidate + 9.03

for

McAllister + Heap

There you go... problem solved

Coming out of the jungle last night it was Troy Brown/Todd Pinkston on my list and ready to go. I was anticipating a qb in the 10th or 11th, but Brooks had been on the board long enough. For me this is now an effort in finding a tandem of receivers that will outprocuce the two I just passed on for the upper tier qb and the top DB. I disagree about their being great depth at DB. To me this is a one player first tier, an interesting second tier and an abyss. The thinking I wished I'd abandoned that cost me a #2 receiver, going upper tier for Gonzo, I embraced in this section with Brooks and Williams. I'm happy with my team in regards to vbd theory at this point. I was not happy before these picks.

This is sooo much fun!

:D

The questions I have for Todd/Troy, I also have for recievers coming back to me.

I wasn't sure if I wanted Pinkston here, after all the guy is kinda smallish, and Thrash is there to steal his red zone stuff....

BUT, Thrash has been unreliable IMHO, and will never develop as the go to guy that I think Pinkston already is....

I am pleased to have him as my #3 WR, but recognize that there are certainly issues with the pick, as I expect to have with a #3 WR....

whew the slew of top LBs are getting slim, im glad i got me a good one. I was hoping for Brookings, but Brooks will have 2 do.

First big mistake of the draft, IMO, by Seeker. You gotta go with "Famous" Amos, not Amos "And Andy"!! :D

Yeah I had Brooking just above Brooks. I don't think there is a big drop to the next tier, but I did see them as the end of tier 1 at LB.

Yeah I really had my eye on Roy Williams, cause he's gonna get a ton of tackles and some picks. I thought he would slip to the next time around, guess not.

Could we speed this up, it's taking WAY too long. :D

foreal. Im leaving in 20 mins for football practice and will be gone for 2 hours, but its not like its going to swing back down to me anyways

Diesel07:

foreal. Im leaving in 20 mins for football practice and will be gone for 2 hours, but its not like its going to swing back down to me anyways

I miss football practices.

t.j:

Diesel07:

I miss football practices.
Not playing any flag football this year?

FourTwoOh:

Not playing any flag football this year?

It's been the offseason for a few months (two leagues begin next month) but it's still not the same. For offensive players, practices are like mini-games. You get a few chances to make some great plays, you get a lot of reps in, and you don't have to show up 3 hours early and sit through halftime and all the peripherals that come with playing a game. And you know that, at the end of the day, hopefully you are a better team and more prepared for the next time a win is on the line.

Diesel07:

Yah, i had another guy in the top tier but i think his value will drop

Yeah I think I just got that guy. And I think Junior will not hurt but in fact help.

friar:

Diesel07:

Yah, i had another guy in the top tier but i think his value will drop

Yeah I think I just got that guy. And I think Junior will not hurt but in fact help.
Haha yah Zach Attack was who i was talking about. I think he may loose some SOLO tackles, but he gets in on every play so his assist shouldnt drop. I just see a SLIGHT drop in solo's

our football practices are held whenever we want. I just love playing D. Fock offense, I just like making the plays on defense. Right now its our summer leage, but the fall league is the bigger one everyone plays in. Thats starts soon, im psyched :D

Diesel07

...Zach Attack was who i was talking about. I think he may loose some SOLO tackles, but he gets in on every play so his assist shouldnt drop. I just see a SLIGHT drop in solo's

The only thing I am worried about the MIA defense is that they may have so many three and outs that I might not get a decent chance. Otherwise I am not worried one single bit.

PIK 95:

One pick away...Hurry. I got 2 in a row. :D

I think maybe part of our problem with this draft is that we've got nightposters picking right before east coast day posters.

Sisters of No Mercy:

Maybe if people would check this thing more than once a day we could get more than five picks a day done.... eek!

:D :mad:

Yeah, what he said. :mad:

What I do not understand is that some people give their picks a thumbs up and yet put an aggrevated face at the end of the post.

What does it really mean? Are you glad, or are you mad with your pick? Are you glad you picked it and still mad at other people for other reasons like being late or picking your original pick?

Stopped again, and here we will sit until the next guy decides it might be fun to check in..... :D

A little before 10:30 last night, I posted a thread asking for a volunteer to take a list. No takers appeared. Funer Zap must of zapped it.

I like the Vick pick. What I have noticed in this draft, apart from it taking ages, is that people have been pretty gutsy about a lot of players that I had pencilled in as candidates for my team in the coming rounds. Not that anything wrong with them... Who can argue a healthy Vick, Urlacher, Ray Lewis, or a blasting Koren Robinson?

I guess I am a little conservative myself.

We need to start submitting lists somehow to alleviate the burden of this thing. I have another draft starting today, and one tomorrow, and focking another on Sunday.....

I think a week is plenty of time to complete a friggin draft, people need to be a little more assertive on this. :D

friar:

What I do not understand is that some people give their picks a thumbs up and yet put an aggrevated face at the end of the post.

PIK does it with most of his posts, it doesn't mean anything. :D

Vick this early? PIK you are nuts!!!

Sisters of No Mercy:

DAMN!!!! That Strahan pick was one of the toughest decisions I think I've made in FF.

Granted...I have had a few drinks tonight... wink

He was one of many players I was undecisively considering with my next pick... the fact that I couldn't decide who among those players I rated the highest was the reason I didn't want to make that trade you offered. Sounds like we have a similar evaluation of the value of the current picks. :D

I had a hard time choosing between Edwards and Sharper with my pick. I was also strongly considering choosing Strahan, but alas I never had the chance.

It was definitely the time to enter the forray of the defensive players, me thinks.

teddyt:

I had a hard time choosing between Edwards and Sharper with my pick. I was also strongly considering choosing Strahan, but alas I never had the chance.

It was definitely the time to enter the forray of the defensive players, me thinks.

:D

teddyt:

Me thinks you are right on both accounts of the Donnie Edwards choice & the defensive player run.

Wow, i didn't think Freeney would make it to me after Peppers/Rice going earlier. Although I DID want Peppers :D I guess Freeney will have to do frown