Sign in to follow this  
t.j

Rounds Four & Five Comments

Another tight end off the board and the second Bengal taken already! eek! Discuss.

Dood, how is it that you managed to create this thread, post Zap's picks, and yet we are waiting for your silly ass? :confused:

I was positive that it would be back to me by the time I woke up this morning (it's 9:30 AM Tuesday morn in Korea).....I know it was stuck on me at 1.4 while I was on vacation, but what's everyone else doing? I know the commish is on vacation now, is anybody else out of town?

Ray Lewis's Limo Driver:

Dood, how is it that you managed to create this thread, post Zap's picks, and yet we are waiting for your silly ass?   :confused:  

Well, considering that I was on vacation, and there was a pick between Zap's and mine, not that silly IMHO!

Hopefully we can pick it up a bit today.

It was very hard to take a QB here, but Manning is such a valuable commodity that passing on him at 4.04 was just too hard. He value on my board was high, and he could get 20+ TD's this year, no RB, WR, or TE provided as much value.

Though I am hoping my theory of a deep WR pool is valid... :rolleyes: :mad:

Ray Lewis's Limo Driver:

...Manning is such a valuable commodity that passing on him at 4.04 was just too hard... he could get 20+ TD's this year, no RB, WR, or TE provided as much value.

I like the pick a lot. I can not not say you stole my pick, because there is about half a round of people ahead of me, but I can tell that Manning would have been my choice this round. Plus, Manning-Harrison would have been a deadly tandem.

Kudos!

friar:

I like the pick a lot. I can not not say you stole my pick, because there is about half a round of people ahead of me, but I can tell that Manning would have been my choice this round. Plus, Manning-Harrison would have been a deadly tandem.

Kudos!

Thanks for the feedback, I really fretted over this as I am an advocate of waiting to get a QB later, and stock up on RB and WR.

I hope this turns out well, but hey! It's all a big gamble anyway right?? :rolleyes:

It's got to be 50/50 for luck and skill.....

Sisters of No Mercy:

This draft is seriosly taking a long time...if we don't get on this, we won't be done until mid-October.

Non-live drafts never work. At some point we should finish it off live. In my opinion, we should have just waited for a live date in the first place.

Ahhh, I know it is demotivating, and people are going to make silly picks as we near the end, just to end it, but I like that wink

I give it another week and we should be done....

Ray Lewis's Limo Driver:

Ahhh, I know it is demotivating, and people are going to make silly picks as we near the end, just to end it, but I like that wink

There is no way we'll be done in a week. Zap will still be in Maui in a week.

Ray Lewis's Limo Driver:

Considering we are still running on no clock at all, we're moving along fairly well. Maybe I just do enough of these to not expect anything different.

I like the Peyton Manning pick a lot. I was hoping he would be there at 4.7.

I missed out on Peyton and Toomer was the end of my second tier of WRs, so I'll take a gamble here. Warner was throwing the ball crisp last night and last year he obviously wasn't. I think his thumb and hand problems were the only real issue, so that's all I needed to see to restore some faith in him.

I agree on the Payton Manning pick, it was good. I feel the drafts moving along quite quickly IMO>. Sorry i couldnt pick last night after RLLD, my internet was not working. I managed to come home for my break during work and make my pic. I have to go back in a while but ill be home in hte afternoon over here on the east coast and will be able to make more picks later on today. I hope we can get this moving today

I'm a bit suprised Heap fell to me at 4.8, but I'm happy to take him here even though I wasn't really targeting a TE this early. Now I have some tough decisions to make with my next pick.

Thanks for the feedback guys, like I said, I wanted to get another WR there really bad, so it's great to see that I made a good decision to follow my list without wavering, and take the guy I was "supposed" to........

teddyt:

I'm a bit suprised Heap fell to me at 4.8, but I'm happy to take him here even though I wasn't really targeting a TE this early. Now I have some tough decisions to make with my next pick.

*** OFFICIAL TRADE PROPOSAL *** OFFICIAL TRADE PROPOSAL ***

Hey Teddy,

I am picking next. In case you are interested, I am offering my 4.10 to you, as well as swapping my 5.03, 7.03 and 9.03 with your 5.05, 7.05 and 9.05 if you are inclined to trade Heap.

So it comes to:

4.10 + 5.03 + 7.03 + 9.03

for

Heap + 5.05 + 7.05 + 9.05

I would appreciate your yes or no answer on the board.

*** OFFICIAL TRADE PROPOSAL *** OFFICIAL TRADE PROPOSAL ***

friar:

OFFICIAL TRADE PROPOSAL *** OFFICIAL TRADE PROPOSAL ***

Hey Teddy,

I am picking next.

Ugh. I hope you sent mail too and are not relying on him to see this before we can move on.

t.j

Ugh. I hope you sent mail too and are not relying on him to see this before we can move on. [/QB]

t.j.,

I have waited on this board for 5 days to make 4 picks; I sure hope that the league is appreciative with waiting only just a little.

And you are right, I should send him an email.

friar:

And you are right, I should send him an email.

Not a problem. A suggestion would also be to start a new thread for something like this. Much more likely to catch somebody's attention if their name is the thread title.

FourTwoOh:

Not a problem. A suggestion would also be to start a new thread for something like this. Much more likely to catch somebody's attention if their name is the thread title.

Excellent suggestion

No thanks Friar on the trade offer. While I may regret not moving up in the order a few spots in the upcomming rounds I'm pretty sure who I'm targeting with my next pick will be there at 5.05. As I said, I wasn't targeting a TE but I'm happy I got one of the big 3...especially since Shockey went so early.

Thanks for the offer, though

teddyt:

No thanks Friar on the trade offer. While I may regret not moving up in the order a few spots in the upcomming rounds I'm pretty sure who I'm targeting with my next pick will be there at 5.05. As I said, I wasn't targeting a TE but I'm happy I got one of the big 3...especially since Shockey went so early.

Thanks for the offer, though

Thanks for the prompt reply teddyt. I will then change my course and stack up where you guys left off with Trung.

I was very happy to get both Stallworth and Rod Smith. I felt that there was a big dropoff in talent after those two. :mad:

PIK 95:

I was very happy to get both Stallworth and Rod Smith. I felt that there was a big dropoff in talent after those two. :mad:

I was debating Key vs Stallworth at the pick ahead of you. Love Stallworth's potentail, but came down to Key being there #1 choice, vs Donte being the #2 for the Saints. Suure was hopin' you weren't looking at him. Damn, now I got a Raiduh on my squad. :cold shiver:

FourTwoOh:

PIK 95:

I was debating Key vs Stallworth at the pick ahead of you. Love Stallworth's potentail, but came down to Key being there #1 choice, vs Donte being the #2 for the Saints. Suure was hopin' you weren't looking at him. Damn, now I got a Raiduh on my squad. :cold shiver:
I've got the answer for you, Chiefs fan! I'll trade you Priest Holmes for Porter and Priest Holmes.

I will check back in again after dinner. Is everyone around? Is there any chance it gets back to me tonight? :mad: Also I hate to break it to you but there is no way I would have taken Key if you took Donte. Sorry. frown

PIK 95:

I will check back in again after dinner. Is everyone around? Is there any chance it gets back to me tonight? :mad: Also I hate to break it to you but there is no way I would have taken Key if you took Donte. Sorry. :(

You could always lie to me! Make me feel better. Damn!

I've got a love/hate relationship with the mouth from the south. If I own enough years in a row, I'll eventually peg him correctly. Right? :o :D WR wise they're all crap shoots at this point. :come on seven:

t.j:

I've got the answer for you, Chiefs fan! I'll trade you Priest Holmes for Porter and Priest Holmes.

So, I send you Priest and Porter, you'll send back Priest? Let me throw in McNabb and you've got a deal! :mad:

FourTwoOh:

t.j:

So, I send you Priest and Porter, you'll send back Priest? Let me throw in McNabb and you've got a deal! :mad:
Ok! Zap, you saw this, right? :cool:cool:

I'll even send McNabb back with this deal!

Irt, the pace in here, I'm happy with it, but even happier to finish this off live when I get home. Irt, thissection of the fraft from my perspective I was happy to see the qbs go, in hopes that some scraps fall to me elsewhere. Drafting last as I have, I do need to prescribe to the late qb model. During my flight out here, I had a change of heart about Gonzo. Initially, I felt that I needed to be upper tier somewhere, and anticipating the loss of Ray Ray, that left me with TE. I also agree there is depth at LB. I'll live with Gonzo, but the afterthought would have changed him to Coles who I think is destined for greatness, STU. Same for theBengal, btw. The Donte pick has left me further in regret of the spectacular views from this balcony. :mad:

ZAP, is there a chance that you could post aal selections on the same page, not just broken up by dual rounds....It might get long, but it is easier to scroll then to keep flipping back from message to message. When at work, I do not often have my cheat sheet in front of me, that has the names scratched out. Thanks for considering....

lord13rahl:

ZAP, is there a chance that you could post aal selections on the same page, not just broken up by dual rounds....It might get long, but it is easier to scroll then to keep flipping back from message to message. When at work, I do not often have my cheat sheet in front of me, that has the names scratched out. Thanks for considering....

Sisters of No Mercy:

5.4 Rich Gannon, QB OAK

Crankshaft Grinders

<Spicoli>You dick!</Spicoli>

HA! Tried to talk myself out of taking Gannon here, but he's the last of the QB's that has a legitimate shot at finishing #1 overall IMO. Not saying he WILL, but Rip Van Winkle still puts up MAD points! Besides....

FourTwoOh:

WR wise they're all crap shoots at this point. :come on seven:

i like hOw some people underrate QB's. Their the highest scoring players on a team. I dont think Gannon was a bad pick.

ZAP...Coles was the WR i wanted (besides C.Johnson). Even if he doesn't score mad TD's, his yardage will be the dagger in the heart to my opponents. Im lovin my team =)

Diesel07:

i like hOw some people underrate QB's. Their the highest scoring players on a team. I dont think Gannon was a bad pick.

First of all, nobody said Gannon was a bad pick. He is the man and a great pick in the 5th round.

The thing about QBs is that picking one high is all well and good but if they struggle then your team is REALLY focked. There are always a few quarterbacks that get picked high and then get outscored by 12th rounders. You can say that about every position but from a pure performance standpoint (as opposed to how injuries are the main thing that screw up RB cheetsheets) I think it is more true at QB.

So neglecting the QB position is not the issue... it's a matter of waiting until the one you think is going to rise to the top of the charts this year is a good value.

I say this as an owner who picked Culpepper with his first rounder in a keeper league that penalizes -3 for all turnovers and doesn't give more for rushing TDs than for passing TDs in 2001. I watched him finish 10th among QBs in weeks 1-13 in 2001 and 13th among QBs in weeks 1-13 in 2002. You guessed it: I wasn't in the playoffs for weeks 14-16.

And in terms of the value thing, let me put it another away: Even among the studs: Did Gannon play like a first-rounder last year? Absolutely. Would it have been smart to pick him that early, or even in round 2? Absolutely not. In most leagues he went no earlier than the 4th. Get him a supporting cast in rounds 1 and 2 and pick him in the 3rd at the earliest.

Apologies for being so slow with this pick, but tonight was my big draft night in my long running competitive league with my buddies. Priorities rule for this one night only...now I devote my full attention back to you guys.

Damn you for picking Gannon just before me!!!!!!! :mad: :o :(

Now I'm 'stuck' with Price...I'm not sure if I'm happy with him yet...I'll have to let it sit with me for awhile...