Sign in to follow this  
sparkky

Where are we all?

Dallas, TX :(

actually in Rockwall, TX.

Eau claire, wi :thumbsup:

go packers :(

Is this the same Smitty that looks like Ving Rhames?

LOL..not quite B)

LOL..not quite B)

Just checking. There used to be another guy under the handle "Smitty" that used to frequent the boards and be in our LOST. He was in the military.

LOL..not quite B)

Just checking. There used to be another guy under the handle "Smitty" that used to frequent the boards and be in our LOST. He was in the military.

ive heard about him but that deffinitely isnt me...

I'm just outside of Philadelphia, you know, the city(and fans) everybody loves.... :bandana:

I'm just outside of Philadelphia, you know, the city(and fans) everybody loves.... :)

a philly fan :bandana:

I am loving this league already :D

I'm just outside of Philadelphia, you know, the city(and fans) everybody loves.... :)

I'm wondering how long it will be til there's a poll trying to vote me out simply for being an Eagles fan. :D

I'm just outside of Philadelphia, you know, the city(and fans) everybody loves.... :D

I'm wondering how long it will be til there's a poll trying to vote me out simply for being an Eagles fan. :D

as long as you dont take any players i want and the packers beat the iggles i will keep you in the league :)

River Falls, about 25 miles outside of minneapolis (vikings go vikings)

I really like the chiefs tho too. You guys from Kansas should come here and watch the chiefs training camp it's quite fun. I live like a 1/5 of a mile from where they train for 3 weeks in the summer! I think I might actually work there too this summer!!

jess

I'm just outside of Philadelphia, you know, the city(and fans) everybody loves.... :o

a philly fan :unsure:

I am loving this league already :bandana:

I'm wondering how long it will be til there's a poll trying to vote me out simply for being an Eagles fan. :banana:

A vote will not necessary, we will just delete you one of these days. :wall:

River Falls, about 25 miles outside of minneapolis (vikings go vikings)

I really like the chiefs tho too. You guys from Kansas should come here and watch the chiefs training camp it's quite fun. I live like a 1/5 of a mile from where they train for 3 weeks in the summer! I think I might actually work there too this summer!!

jess

You are going to have to give some inside scoop on the Chiefs camp Jess.

Shox,,,,,,,

Just an FYI,,,,,,,

Kansas City is predominately in MISSOURI. The sports stadiums, the Ford plant, the Harley plant, Hallmark Cards, H&R Block, the arena, the airport, major downtown area are ALL on the Missouri side.

The only good thing to come out of Kansas is I-70!!!!!!

:pointstosky:

Appleton, Wisconsin (which is about 30 minutes drive south of Green Bay)

If you ever make it over to eau claire youl have to stop by and say 'hi' :shocking:

I'm currently from New York, but I will be relocating somewhere out west the week before the draft. :rolleyes:

Appleton, Wisconsin (which is about 30 minutes drive south of Green Bay)

If you ever make it over to eau claire youl have to stop by and say 'hi' :banana:

That could be possible, I would enjoy it.

Wow .... Anyone wanna guess where I'm from?????

Eau Claire, WI ......

And NO, I don't know ANY of these guys ....

And NO, I AM NOT A PACKER FAN!! Purple & Gold, through & through ....

Eau Claire, WI ......

And NO, I AM NOT A PACKER FAN!! Purple & Gold, through & through ....

ok, your kidding right? :blink:

Eau Claire, WI ......

And NO, I AM NOT A PACKER FAN!!  Purple & Gold, through & through ....

Nope ... not kidding. I was stationed out in 29 Palms, CA up until about 2 months ago .... and when I was Retired, I wanted to be somewhere near my family. (I was born in Duluth, MN originally ... went to high school in Prior Lake, MN ...)

So, in order to be close to both my parents (Grantsburg, WI) and my wife's parents (Chicago, IL) ... we chose Eau Claire, WI as sort of a half-way point.

Small world, huh?

Where abouts in Eau Claire do you live? We are living in an apartment over on Sessions & Fairfax until my VA Homeloan gets approved. Then we will be buying a house somewhere in the area.

But anyway ..... maybe one of these days we will have to meet up for a beer! My wife works at a restaurant here in town ... Angelo's .... so we can all go in for free drinks!!

Eau Claire, WI ......

And NO, I AM NOT A PACKER FAN!!  Purple & Gold, through & through ....

Nope ... not kidding. I was stationed out in 29 Palms, CA up until about 2 months ago .... and when I was Retired, I wanted to be somewhere near my family. (I was born in Duluth, MN originally ... went to high school in Prior Lake, MN ...)

So, in order to be close to both my parents (Grantsburg, WI) and my wife's parents (Chicago, IL) ... we chose Eau Claire, WI as sort of a half-way point.

Small world, huh?

Where abouts in Eau Claire do you live? We are living in an apartment over on Sessions & Fairfax until my VA Homeloan gets approved. Then we will be buying a house somewhere in the area.

But anyway ..... maybe one of these days we will have to meet up for a beer! My wife works at a restaurant here in town ... Angelo's .... so we can all go in for free drinks!!

Wow! Thats about as ironic as it gets :blink: Half this league is from wisconsin lol...

deffinitely should meet up sometime and watch the games or something

I live on the south side of town also...not far from manz school

very small world

Wow! Thats about as ironic as it gets :blink: Half this league is from wisconsin lol...

I think I want out. :o

No one around is from Texas. :blink:

Wow!  Thats about as ironic as it gets :blink:  Half this league is from wisconsin lol...

I think I want out. :o

No one around is from Texas. :blink:

I'm sure you and the Kansas folks in here will hit off :D

I'm the only person from the East Coast, you guys are gonna hate me.... :blink:

I'm the only person from the East Coast, you guys are gonna hate me.... :blink:

Last I checked Virginia is on the East Coast.

I'm the only person from the East Coast, you guys are gonna hate me.... :thumbsdown:

Last I checked Virginia is on the East Coast.

D'oh :pointstosky:

Actually, I didn't notice your post, glancing through the thread it looked like I was the only person that would be staying in the east.

San Francisco, CA and a Giants fan.....grew in NJ

Been on vacation for awhile and will be back online most of the day beginning the 20th. Glad to see you guys have made some great progress and looking forward to the draft, etc.

I'm just outside of Philadelphia, you know, the city(and fans) everybody loves.... :rolleyes:

Hey Kilroy,,,,,,,,,,,

before I launch into my "midwestern folk hate east coast types because" list :wall: , give me your take on the OL we got from you during the draft. Is he worth a damn? We hope to use him to replace Tait at RT on the OL.

Your take on him?

thanks,,,,,,,,,

Been on vacation for awhile and will be back online most of the day beginning the 20th. Glad to see you guys have made some great progress and looking forward to the draft, etc.

welcome CA_7!!!

sorry to hear about the NJ thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

:rolleyes:

I'm just outside of Philadelphia, you know, the city(and fans) everybody loves.... :rolleyes:

Hey Kilroy,,,,,,,,,,,

before I launch into my "midwestern folk hate east coast types because" list :wall: , give me your take on the OL we got from you during the draft. Is he worth a damn? We hope to use him to replace Tait at RT on the OL.

Your take on him?

thanks,,,,,,,,,

IMO, Welbourne is definetly an above average guard, not the type that would ever be a pro-bowler, but he's around a level just below that. I couldn't really tell you how he would project as a tackle, but if it's anything like the way he played LG you won't be dissapointed.

He did a very good job at stopping DT's from collapsing the pocket, on more than one occasion he took Warren Sapp out of games. As for his run blocking ability I couldn't really say because the Eagles haven't been the type to go with a heavy ground attack. He certaintly isn't weak in that area, it's just that he hasn't been used enough as a run blocker for me to really say just how good he may be.

Considering the style of attack the Chiefs offense runs I think he will be a good fit for you guys and early in his career he did play tackle so it's not as if he's inexpierenced at that position.

In all honesty it was a great pick up for the Chiefs, the only reason the Eagles traded him is because Welbourne forced their hand. He claimed he wanted a new contract, but the main reason he wanted out is because he simply didn't like living in the east coast.

There's a bar near me where a friend of mine works that Jon Ritchie made appearances at last year. Ritchie was Welbourne's roomate last season and my friend happened to become friends to a certain extent with Ritchie and even hung out with him and Welbourne a couple times last season.

He claims that Welbourne just didn't like the lifestyle along the east coast and wanted to get back to closer where he grew up(I think he grew in CA, I know he attended college somewhere around there) and I tend to believe him. Ritchie was on the local sports station here in Philly after Welbourne ripped the team apart and said some things along the same lines which is why I tend to believe it.

Probally more info than you wanted, but the point is that you got yourselves a good player and the only reason the Eagles got rid of him is because Welbourne made an ass of himself on purpose because he wanted to get out of town and play somewhere out in the west. Looks like his plan worked out pretty well for himself.

thanks for the local info!!!! I also think we got a pretty good player for a VERY good price.

But I will have to admit I kind of have an attitude with guys that sign a deal and then back-stroke on it. We KC locals were concerned when we lost Tait but have high hopes for Welbourn as a replacement. Beats the hell out of some rookie or second year guy protecting Green and leading the way for Priest.

Thanks again!!

How was the vakay?

How was the vakay?

Had an awesome time, thanks for asking. Was my first trip to Europe and Italy was pretty amazing.

P.S. put my $$ in the mail, if you don't get it in mid next week let me know.

How was the vakay?

Had an awesome time, thanks for asking. Was my first trip to Europe and Italy was pretty amazing.

P.S. put my $$ in the mail, if you don't get it in mid next week let me know.

thats great! and btw, il let you know when it gets here :thumbsup:

Sign in to follow this