Sign in to follow this  
DeaLerZ

Week 8 waiver wire pick ups

Mark Brunell... if he's still on ur waiver wire.. your not playing fantasy football....

Marcus Robinson.. once Culpepper gets consistent so will he.. he's a redzone target and has been dropped in a lot of leagues...

Bubba Franks.. if your weak at TE.. this is Farve's guy.. always good for atleast 40 yds and a score every 3 games or so... which more than enough for a competitive league with inconsistent TE's.. just came off an injury so alot of people won't notice him

Kelly Hulcomb... if your in dire need of a back up QB.. this could be a solid pickup.. he has Moulds and Evans to throw too.. and so far.. he's been so good

in a competitive league money league.. these are the guys that in the last week were available... none of them are available in my league now.. but just kind of giving anyone who missed the action... a heads up..

Not a long term thing, but Peyton is on a bye next week and i don't have a back-up. If you're like me and need a back-up......

Garcia vs. Chicago or Simms vs. N.O would be nice QB fillers for next week.

Pitt TE - Heath Miller

If you have witten on Bye week 9 like me

Miller Vs Green Bay (with a possibility of Hines Ward being hurt again) :sleep:

Over 10 points in last 3 games in my league, might not score week 8 (Baltimore) but he could have a great game week 9

Do you think Mike Williams (BMW) is worth a look?

- Jeff Garcia in at QB

- Charles Rogers serving substance abuse suspension

- Roy Williams banged up

- Kevin Johnson Achilles injury

Guest 00ITR499
Pitt TE - Heath Miller

If you have witten on Bye week 9 like me

Miller Vs Green Bay (with a possibility of Hines Ward being hurt again) :D

Over 10 points in last 3 games in my league, might not score week 8 (Baltimore) but he could have a great game week 9

:lol:

I drafted him, but dropped him for bye week issues.

Deeper leagues where there is not much out there: Frank Gore - if Barlow can't go, then he's a good play and just might take Barlow's starting job.

Also with not many new players stepping up, this week might be a good time to pick up these injureds if available:

Arnaz Battle - should be back on the field

Edwards - too bad Cleveland has no QB though

Engram - if you are willing to wait just a little more

Tony Fisher has to make the list. Not avalible in my league but I bet he is in most. Don't think he will be anything special but it looks like he will be a starting back.

Do you think Mike Williams (BMW) is worth a look?

- Jeff Garcia in at QB

- Charles Rogers serving substance abuse suspension

- Roy Williams banged up

- Kevin Johnson Achilles injury

I'd say YES !

I picked up Chester Taylor today. Jamal Lewis isn't doing much of a good job at RB so far this year and was taken out of the game in the 4th Quarter in favor of Taylor. :rolleyes:

"Despite playing the NFL's toughest fantasy run defense, Chicago, Jamal Lewis' 15 carries for 34 yards should not be dismissed lightly. It's no secret that Chester Taylor has been gaining popularity in fantasy circles for continually outshining Lewis in a backup role. On Sunday, Taylor had just two carries, but he picked up a first down on his first carry by gaining 14 yards on a second-and-13 situation. And he added seven yards on a first-and-10 situation on the next drive. What's more interesting is that both of these carries came in the team's final two drives in the fourth quarter with Baltimore trailing 10-6. In the past, Lewis would have been called upon to grind out yards and move the team into the red zone. But this week, with the game on the line, he was on the sidelines."

http://fantasysports.yahoo.com/analysis/ne...gue=fantasy/nfl

I think Travis Henry is back this week

So who thinks Henry is a good pickup?

hes not available in any of my leagues if he was i would have grabbed him last week

Not a long term thing, but Peyton is on a bye next week and i don't have a back-up. If you're like me and need a back-up......

Garcia vs. Chicago or Simms vs. N.O would be nice QB fillers for next week.

Garica vs Bears. I am not sure this is a good matchup. Dont the Bears have a great pass D?

I dropped Battle this week to reclaim Marcus Robinson. I like Arnaz a lot but with Alex Smith throwing to him you can forget about it.

It looks like the part of the season where you have to think a week or two ahead to get the good stuff. Garcia will get stuffed this week but should get better as he gets more receivers back and more PT. Billy Volek and Charlie Frye are also worth hanging on to if you have room for a couple weeks. I would add Chris Simms but I have never been a believer in him.

I was amazed that Chester Taylor was available, so I'm spending $2 a week to flipflop him, at least until the trading deadline. Other than that any RB pickups this week past Tony Fisher would simply be playing injury roulette.

Charles Rogers may be good for a couple weeks at least once he comes back from suspension. If Brandon Jones sits, both Roydell Williams and Cortney Roby are worth a look. Of the two I like Williams. If Calico is available he's probably worth a pickup. Back to the Lions, Scottie Vines has his opportunity to show what he's got. As a Panthers homer, I think Rod Gardner is about ready to step up.

Tony Fisher has to make the list.  Not avalible in my league but I bet he is in most.  Don't think he will be anything special  but it looks like he will be a starting back.

if tony fisher is still available in your league you are playing with guys like this....

http://www.snopes.com/photos/people/peppers.asp

the waiver wire was filled the second ahman went down in my league. and of course there is an order, the team that sucks the most gets first priority.

tony fisher, how the hell is he still available in your league? who the hell you playin fantasy football with? and how the hell can it be any fun at all playing with retards? :banana:

Believe it or not, I'm starting Carr since Manning is on a bye.

This is the week Carr will blow up! :wall:

0-7 at home against the Cleveland Browns.

This is the week Carr will blow up! :wall:

:pointstosky:

anything better then 50 yards passing and 20 yards rushing is a bonus.

I'm a Cleveland homer, but check the QB stats agains them. they are miserable. Toomer is a good pick up, but if Chester Taylor is available, you have to go get him. Lewis might get benched, but even if he doesn't, he'll get hurt for a couple of games and Taylor has filled in and put up good numbers.

Tony Fisher has to make the list.  Not avalible in my league but I bet he is in most.  Don't think he will be anything special  but it looks like he will be a starting back.

if tony fisher is still available in your league you are playing with guys like this....

the waiver wire was filled the second ahman went down in my league. and of course there is an order, the team that sucks the most gets first priority.

tony fisher, how the hell is he still available in your league? who the hell you playin fantasy football with? and how the hell can it be any fun at all playing with retards? :headbanger:

Most leagues dont have immediate FREE AGENTS. I bet over 90 percent of leagues have Fisher on the waiver wire. Last time Green went down, Najah was the back-up. Only Ahman owners who handcuffed with Fisher this second go around own Fisher already. Fisher is definitely available in almost all leagues.

tony fisher, how the hell is he still available in your league? who the hell you playin fantasy football with? and how the hell can it be any fun at all playing with retards? :pointstosky:

People in my league are so smart that they know Tony Fisher is not the answer to any RB woes. :lol:

tony fisher, how the hell is he still available in your league?  who the hell you playin fantasy football with?  and how the hell can it be any fun at all playing with retards? :huh:

People in my league are so smart that they know Tony Fisher is not the answer to any RB woes. :o

Tony Fisher was the 7th or 8th free agent taken this week in my league (by a 1-6 team that has real RB issues) Fisher is not the answer and I'll bet he is reduced back to a 3rd down RB as soon as the other guys learn the system and get more practice reps.....Fisher will get about 40 yards this week!

This is the week Carr will blow up! :thumbsup:

The Texans will score a TD, maybe even two. The question is, will Carr be involved in any? I'll predict 85 passing 1 TD, 1 INT.

tony fisher, how the hell is he still available in your league? who the hell you playin fantasy football with? and how the hell can it be any fun at all playing with retards? :o

Most leagues dont have immediate FREE AGENTS. I bet over 90 percent of leagues have Fisher on the waiver wire. Last time Green went down, Najah was the back-up. Only Ahman owners who handcuffed with Fisher this second go around own Fisher already. Fisher is definitely available in almost all leagues.

really? available in most leagues? hmmmm....yeah mabey most leagues with little girls and homos! ;)

he is the #2 on the depth chart and as soon as ahman went down i know the waiver wire claims were in in my league. the transaction of course doesn't go thru until tuesday, and it did. but i know more than half my league put in claims on sunday and monday. i didn't cause i don't want to drop anyone right now.

as it looks unless they sign someone, he just became the starter by default. and i'd bet in 12 man + leagues, with experienced players, hes claimed already!

tony fisher, how the hell is he still available in your league? who the hell you playin fantasy football with? and how the hell can it be any fun at all playing with retards? :o

really? available in most leagues? hmmmm....yeah mabey most leagues with little girls and homos! ;)

he is the #2 on the depth chart and as soon as ahman went down i know the waiver wire claims were in in my league. the transaction of course doesn't go thru until tuesday, and it did. but i know more than half my league put in claims on sunday and monday. i didn't cause i don't want to drop anyone right now.

as it looks unless they sign someone, he just became the starter by default. and i'd bet in 12 man + leagues, with experienced players, hes claimed already!

Why do some people feel the need to insult someone else's league? What is the point? This is FANTASY football for christ sake! It's one thing to question if a player is good or not but saying "my league is better" is just retarded! Are you so devoid of any real success in life that you need to latch on to a fantasy league in order to feel good about yourself?

Just wondering?

sheet, in my league, tony fisher wasn't even available in the draft. dudes knew last year that this year the other 2 backs would go down, and kept him as a keeper. Yeah, my league is more hardcore than yours losers! Go play with your sisters!!!

:o

Marion Barber might be worth something this week and, perhaps, later, if Julius continues in his oft-injured ways.

Reggie Williams, WR JAX.

- with Jurevicious and Harrison on a bye and Brandon Jones injured, I'm taking a flier on Reggie Willaims (@STL) for my #3WR.

If you pick Reggie up now, you get two pretty nice matchups with STL this week and HOU next week. Certainly I'm not looking to use him long term but he may fill in nicely for byes/injuries and then serve as decent trade bait.

ETA: also, factor in that Williams' last 4 weeks have been a bye, CIN, DEN, PIT... not exactly an easy schedule for fantasy owners to deal with. At this point, I'd expect that Reggie and JAX's "new passing offense" has been all but forgotten by the knee-jerk fantasy world.

Reggie Williams, WR JAX.

- with Jurevicious and Harrison on a bye and Brandon Jones injured, I'm taking a flier on Reggie Willaims (@STL) for my #3WR.

If you pick Reggie up now, you get two pretty nice matchups with STL this week and HOU next week. Certainly I'm not looking to use him long term but he may fill in nicely for byes/injuries and then serve as decent trade bait.

ETA: also, factor in that Williams' last 4 weeks have been a bye, CIN, DEN, PIT... not exactly an easy schedule for fantasy owners to deal with. At this point, I'd expect that Reggie and JAX's "new passing offense" has been all but forgotten by the knee-jerk fantasy world.

I thought this from the beginning and drafted the guy as my 4th WR. I ended up dropping him for Curtis but now lost Ferguson who I picked up to replace Walker and Antonio Chatman was drafted so I am considering him again since their schedule is so easy here on out but then there is the Matt Jones factor and I wonder if he will be the one to break out.

but then there is the Matt Jones factor and I wonder if he will be the one to break out.

no doubt Matt Jones has freakish athletic ability.

but he's raw and unpolished.

Right now, Williams is better suited to be an everydown WR.

tony fisher, how the hell is he still available in your league? who the hell you playin fantasy football with? and how the hell can it be any fun at all playing with retards? :lol:

Why do some people feel the need to insult someone else's league? What is the point? This is FANTASY football for christ sake! It's one thing to question if a player is good or not but saying "my league is better" is just retarded! Are you so devoid of any real success in life that you need to latch on to a fantasy league in order to feel good about yourself?

Just wondering?

why are thome people tho thenthitive???? jeez.... :P

we can't help it you are in the "weak sisters of the poor" league. remember, a man cannot be truly measured until he faces competition that is equal or greater than himself!

:o

tony fisher, how the hell is he still available in your league? who the hell you playin fantasy football with? and how the hell can it be any fun at all playing with retards? :lol:

Just wondering?

why are thome people tho thenthitive???? jeez.... :P

we can't help it you are in the "weak sisters of the poor" league. remember, a man cannot be truly measured until he faces competition that is equal or greater than himself!

:pointstosky:

why are thome people tho thenthitive???? jeez.... Is that english?

The group home must have just let out for the day because it's getting pretty scary around here!

By the way, not that it matters, my main league is a $1000 to enter, winner takes $7000 but I'm sure you are playing for much more!