Sign in to follow this  
scott72

Injuries this year?

Is it just me or does it seem like there are wayyy more injuries this year than years past. It seems like every damn week a stud goes down for the year. Hell the Pack, Saints, and Jets can barely field a damn team cause of all the injuries. Is it cause the players are so much bigger and faster? What can be done? Put a limit on the amount of muscle mass a player can have?? :o

i felt like there was even more than usual in the pre-season

this is getting crazy but just tough breaks

no way you can do anything

last year the panthers had more injurys than all the teams combined have had this year.

Guest Karim Abdul-Jabbar

This year it is more out of control, does any1 know where to find a composite list of injuries from 2004 and this year?

This year it is more out of control, does any1 know where to find a composite list of injuries from 2004 and this year?

yeah I'd like to see that too....Seems like a lot more this yr than yrs past..

The past 2 years have been out of control. I think it is possible that this could be due to steroids. The ligaments (how many torn ACLs have we had, etc.), joints, and bones cant grow as fast as the players' muscles. Something to think about at least...

The past 2 years have been out of control. I think it is possible that this could be due to steroids. The ligaments (how many torn ACLs have we had, etc.), joints, and bones cant grow as fast as the players' muscles. Something to think about at least...

Yeah I think you've got a point, but why would they risk it with all the testing thats done? Or is it? I just think they pound the weights and get huge which taxes those joints and ligaments like you said. I'm not sure how you fix it tho, it's part of the game I guess...

Also, very little research has been done into the new "field turf". Every stadium is adopting it, but there hasn't been enough research to really prove what it's effects on the joints and ligaments might be.

Also, very little research has been done into the new "field turf". Every stadium is adopting it, but there hasn't been enough research to really prove what it's effects on the joints and ligaments might be.

:banana:

When it was first introduced, artifical turf was suppose to cut down on injuries. But now we know it's no better than grass, and can easily be worse.

Players keep getting bigger and faster. The collisions are more violent and the extra bulk makes them more susceptible to knee and leg injuries.

Guest Johnny Holmes

I love it when it is not my guys. It weakens the other teams in my league!! :huh:

I have dodged the bullett so far this year.

Guest 00ITR499
The past 2 years have been out of control.  I think it is possible that this could be due to steroids.  The ligaments (how many torn ACLs have we had, etc.), joints, and bones cant grow as fast as the players' muscles.  Something to think about at least...

Yeah I think you've got a point, but why would they risk it with all the testing thats done? Or is it? I just think they pound the weights and get huge which taxes those joints and ligaments like you said. I'm not sure how you fix it tho, it's part of the game I guess...

Who's to say there's not another "clear" out there?