Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Dwayne Carswell

Broncos lineman Carswell injured in multicar crash 
Broncos lineman Carswell injured in multicar crash 

October 27, 2005
AURORA, Colo. (AP) -- Denver Broncos offensive lineman Dwayne Carswell was taken to the hospital Thursday morning following a five-car accident, police said. 

Broncos general manager Ted Sundquist told KCNC-TV in Denver that Carswell tore his diaphragm and had internal bleeding in his chest. Doctors were trying to determine whether there were injuries to his heart or aorta, Sundquist said. 

Team spokesman Jim Saccomano said Carswell was undergoing surgery but refused to release any details.

Damm, my league gives points for blocking so this is a big loss!

I hope the guy is OK and all but this isn't really a fantasy football story is it?

I hope the guy is OK and all but this isn't really a fantasy football story is it?

I guess not, runners don't need blockers.

He's not even that important to the blocking. Look, I don't want to joke about a guy getting hurt but who cares about Carswell besides his friends and family?

Wow,I heard about this accident this morning and traffic report was indicating that this was one of worst car accident.

I believe there were 2 rolled over cars and couple completely destroyed cars.

And I am from where this happens and that area, accident happens all the time.

This sucks as Broncos fan.

I hope he will be OK.

He's not even that important to the blocking. Look, I don't want to joke about a guy getting hurt but who cares about Carswell besides his friends and family?

:thumbsdown: what a jerk off

:thumbsup: what a jerk off

So you are going to lose sleep over this? Please! :shocking: Never wish for anyone to get hurt but this is a non story. People get into car accidents every day. Do you think he would care if you got into an accident?

As it seems like your pretty new to the board, Ill let you in on a little secret......not every single post here is directly related to fantasy football and for the most part, people are alright with this.

Good enough. :cheers: I'm pretty much done with this topic anyway. I just don't like being attacked for no reason. :thumbsup:

I wish you and Carswell lots of luck. :shocking:

:thumbsup:

Carswell is a Class Act...12 year veteren.

I am a Denver Homer so this is news to me!

I sure hope he is ok.

You are unbelievable Alex. This way of thinking is what is wrong with society these days. Can't we get back to old school where we actually cared about our fellow man?

You are unbelievable Alex. This way of thinking is what is wrong with society these days. Can't we get back to old school where we actually cared about our fellow man?

Simple question- Would he care if you got into a car accident?

I don't wish harm to ANYONE but I can't say I'm really broken up about Carswell. About 1000 people will get in car accidents in the US today, may small kids and woman will be hurt. What makes Carswell (Ironic that his name is Cars-well when his clearly is not) so special? Sorry, I'm just keep'in it real!

Good enough. :( I'm pretty much done with this topic anyway. I just don't like being attacked for no reason. :lol:

I wish you and Carswell lots of luck. :thumbsup:

Is it ok then if I attack you for failing to spell your own name correctly?

Good enough.  :lol:  I'm pretty much done with this topic anyway. I just don't like being attacked for no reason. <_<

I wish you and Carswell lots of luck. :lol:

How can you tell me how to spell my own name? That would be funny if it made any sense :lol:

go play in traffic and we'll see! <_<

go play in traffic and we'll see! :blink:

Nothing better then a guy that "toast" himself! Classic! :blink:

go play in traffic and we'll see! :thumbsup:

Nothing better then a guy that "toast" himself! Classic! :lol:

the toast was for you, sweet heart... :wub:

You are unbelievable Alex.  This way of thinking is what is wrong with society these days.  Can't we get back to old school where we actually cared about our fellow man?

I don't wish harm to ANYONE but I can't say I'm really broken up about Carswell. About 1000 people will get in car accidents in the US today, may small kids and woman will be hurt. What makes Carswell (Ironic that his name is Cars-well when his clearly is not) so special? Sorry, I'm just keep'in it real!

Noone's asking you to get broken up over this, but it's in poor taste to blatantly say "who cares about Carswell.." when the guy just got into a serious car accident. You seriously may NOT care, but no need to announce that.. Keep it to yourself, OK?

He's not even that important to the blocking.

Broncos: Carswell in surgery after car accident

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com

Thursday, October 27, 2005

News

Offensive tackle Dwayne Carswell suffered serious injuries in a car accident early Thursday morning and is undergoing sugery to repair a torn diaphragm and bleeding in his chest cavity, Denver CBS Channel 4 is reporting.

Views

We'll of course update you as soon as more information is available. Carswell is a key blocker for the Broncos and has not missed a game since 1995.

I'm sure his family, friends, and team mates care but why would anyone here care? He's not even a fantasy factor?

Do you care about Joe Smith in PA that was killed last night in a car accident? Why? He and Carswell would have scored the same amount of fantasy points this week. ZERO

Again, I feel for the guy, I'm just keep'in it real!

I'm sure his family, friends, and team mates care but why would anyone here care? He's not even a fantasy factor?

Do you care about Joe Smith in PA that was killed last night in a car accident? Why? He and Carswell would have scored the same amount of fantasy points this week. ZERO

carswell has more td's than gonzo this year...

HTH

He's not even that important to the blocking.

Broncos: Carswell in surgery after car accident

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com

Thursday, October 27, 2005

News

Offensive tackle Dwayne Carswell suffered serious injuries in a car accident early Thursday morning and is undergoing sugery to repair a torn diaphragm and bleeding in his chest cavity, Denver CBS Channel 4 is reporting.

Views

We'll of course update you as soon as more information is available. Carswell is a key blocker for the Broncos and has not missed a game since 1995.

Yeah, I read fanball too. Anybody benching their Broncos because the 3rd string TE isn't playing? Anyone?

beep-beep-beep-BEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!

carswell has more td's than gonzo this year...

HTH

Sadly that speaks more to Gonzo's bad season then Carswell being a fantasy factor. I don't have Carswell's stats in front of me but weren't both those TDs 1 yard catches in the same game?

Look, I'm not trying to be in the position of having to bust on a guy that was just hurt in a car accident. I just said that his injury wasn't fantasy news and there are many car accidents every day, what makes his so special?

OK, now I'm officially done with this. Peace out! :cheers:

I can see the point of view where Alex is coming from. Carswell was injured in a five car accident and people are upset that he(Alex) is not showing enough sympathy. On the other hand, no one has mentioned the people in the other 4 cars.

hope everyone comes out ok

beep-beep-beep-BEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!

Your post and handle (I'm sure just an alias of a regular poster) is about as funny as a car accident!

In the words of Billy Crystal, It's not funny or fun!

Good enough.  :D  I'm pretty much done with this topic anyway. I just don't like being attacked for no reason. :headbanger:

I wish you and Carswell lots of luck. ;)

How can you tell me how to spell my own name? That would be funny if it made any sense :angry:

Maybe because 'your' name is obviously taken from the Family Ties character Alex P Keaton.

Good enough.  :mad:  I'm pretty much done with this topic anyway. I just don't like being attacked for no reason. :rolleyes:

I wish you and Carswell lots of luck. :wall:

How can you tell me how to spell my own name? That would be funny if it made any sense :rolleyes:

Maybe because 'your' name is obviously taken from the Family Ties character Alex P Keaton.

Are you sure? I never heard of that show. What was it about?

why would anyone here care? He's not even a fantasy factor?

Again, nobody is asking you to care! Nobody is holding it against you that you don't care! Just have some respect for someone who just got into a serious car accident, and don't publicly announce your indifference to it. That's all.

Furthermore, saying we shouldn't give a crap because he had no fantasy value anyway is just a dumb and ignorant statement. You just lost alot of credibility.

Guest Moose Knuckle Ball Four

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Dwayne Carswell underwent surgery around mid-day Thursday after suffering injuries in a rush-hour traffic accident in nearby Aurora hours before.

He was out of surgery by 1:30 p.m. MDT.

Carswell, a 12-year veteran who joined the Broncos as an undrafted free agent in 1994, was driving south on Parker Road in the direction of the Broncos' training facility when the accident occured.

The team said it would have more information on Carswell's condition later in the afternoon when results of the surgery were revealed.

Police officer Tony Guzman told the Associated Press that Carswell was caught up in a chain of events that followed a collision in other lanes.

"In no shape or form was (Carswell) the one that caused the accident," Guzman told the AP.

Again, nobody is asking you to care! Nobody is holding it against you that you don't care! Just have some respect for someone who just got into a serious car accident, and don't publicly announce your indifference to it. That's all.

Furthermore, saying we shouldn't give a crap because he had no fantasy value anyway is just a dumb and ignorant statement. You just lost alot of credibility.

I thought I was out, but you pulled me back in! So you are saying that Carswell is more important then the other people injuried in that accident or any other accident that happened today? Why?

As for "credibility", there is no such thing in a forum where people use fake names and make random, anonymous comments! I just come to kill some time at work and get some football info. Thanks for sharing though ;)

I thought I was out, but you pulled me back in! So you are saying that Carswell is more important then the other people injuried in that accident or any other accident that happened today? Why?

As for "credibility", there is no such thing in a forum where people use fake names and make random, anonymous comments! I just come to kill some time at work and get some football info. Thanks for sharing though :blink:

I'm not saying carswell is more or less important. I'm just simply saying, regardless of whether we're talking about carswell or any of the other people in the accident, show some respect and keep your indifference and your lack of care to yourself! What's so hard to understand about this? This has nothing to do with one person being more or less important than someone else...

And credibility? I thought you were initially trying to make a point about people being "real" like you say, and not pretend to get broken down over carswell getting injured, but a statement like "why would anyone here care? He's not even a fantasy factor?" brought out your true colors.

As for "credibility", there is no such thing in a forum where people use fake names and make random, anonymous comments! I just come to kill some time at work and get some football info. Thanks for sharing though ;)

I'm not saying carswell is more or less important. I'm just simply saying, regardless of whether we're talking about carswell or any of the other people in the accident, show some respect and keep your indifference and your lack of care to yourself! What's so hard to understand about this? This has nothing to do with one person being more or less important than someone else...

And credibility? I thought you were initially trying to make a point about people being "real" like you say, and not pretend to get broken down over carswell getting injured, but a statement like "why would anyone here care? He's not even a fantasy factor?" brought out your true colors.

True colors? Don't try to make this a racial issue! :angry:

Look Crier Tuck, If I offended you, I'm truely sorry :bandana: Let's just stick to football and leave the traffic accidents to the state police, OK :)

You feel ba ba now? Good :blink:

Racial issue?? Whatever man..

God bless you

Learn to take a joke! This is a message board, not church. Save the god stuff for your child molesting priest!

Just kidding :(

Racial issue??  Whatever man..

God bless you

Learn to take a joke! This is a message board, not church. Save the god stuff for your child molesting priest!

I would but apparently he was involved in a serious car accident today...

Racial issue??  Whatever man..

God bless you

I would but apparently he was involved in a serious car accident today...

Now you got it! Just take it easy! :unsure:

Obviously you don't know a damn thing about the Bronco offense. Carswell is often declared as an eligible receiver ("tackle eligible") in goal line situations, and was good for 2 TDs earlier this year. He's a great blocker, and as a former TE, a potential decoy on the goal line.

HTH