Sign in to follow this  
Kellys Heroes

Kelly's Buy low, sell high players for the playoff

For many leagues, trade deadlines are about 3 weeks away. If your serious about FF now is a good time to start eyeing players w/ key match ups in final weeks of FF. Here are a couple of buy low, sell high that people might want to invest in before the middle of Nov.

Sell High

Galloway - Much debated already, use the search button if you want more info. All I'm getting into is that Greise showed lots of love for him and Simms will speard the ball. Galloway's #s will look more like Branch's from NE. Sell him while he's still hot. Tampa plays NE and Atl in Most FF playoffs, 2 teams that love to blitz.

Glenn - Bledose is up too his old self again and the tuna is going to be looking to run the ball a lot more. I believe both Glenn and Johnson's #s along w/ Witten's will drop.

McCardell - His stock is crazy high since he has 6 tds already. You might want too put the bait out there and see what bites.

Dunn - Can you believe that he is 3rd for rushing yards and 7th in atts, wow. If you get 1 point every 10 yds, he's doing you alright. However, owners of Mr Dunn are missing out on those 6 point touches. When the QB has to run it in because the RB can't Punch it in, thats telling you something. Oh ya, Atl Plays Chi in week 15 and Tampa in week 16.

T. Jones - Chi is going to break this work horse down, again. Also, if Chi falls out of the playoff run; Benson will start to see more and more touches late in the season.

Carson Palmer - Now before you bite my head off, hear me out. He has a tough sch after this week and will be getting average #s until Playoff time. Now if you have a nice lead in the playoff race or have a solid Squad w/ a decent back up; then keep him. But if he's been carring your team, he won't be carring it much longer, not until like week 14. If you don't think you can get into the playoffs w/ average QB #s, then you better make a move after this week.

Buy Low

Heap/Mason - they gets no respect, yet they a nice playoff sch (@ Green Bay, then Min). Mason is 7th in Rec. w/ 38.

Rudi - 7th in yards and 5th in atts + 10 catches. Thats not too bad, yet every Rudi owner here wants to dump him. Remeber that I said that Palmer has a tough sch; then hopefully they will begin to run the ball a lot more when Carson struggles. Also, like Palmer, has a nice playoff sch.

Roethlisbeger/Bettis - Roeth is Mr. consistent when it comes to FF points. And When FF playoffs come around, thats consisent is a good thing. No he's not a Home run hitter, but w/ Min in week 15 and Cle in week 16; he won't strike out either. He's most likely sitting on someone's Bench right now so go get him for a song. Thos are some bad run Defenses too and the Bus will be well rested. If you wait long enough, he might be on your ww.

J. Smith - SF @ Jax (15) then Jax @ Hou (16) :( . Do I even have to say more. He had 2 bad games and a bye in the past 3 weeks so he should be kind of cheap right now.

Branch - best option in NE and is 10th in Rec. w/ 37. I don't even care who they play, Branch gets his. He only has 1 td which makes him cheap right now, but that will change.

(Holt/Horn/Djax) - Yes they are hurt; Holt and Horn are rumored to be finished. Its only a rumor and nothing official yet, so if your a long shot in the playoff race, your running out of time and need to do something. Picking one of these guys may turn things around, if the owner is scaried they might give them up for a lot less than their worth.

Ify

A Smith - some are high on him , some are low. I feel hes the best RB in New Orleans right now. He gets a couple of passes tossed to him and he gets the goaline. He might be sitting on some ones bench right now just rotting, thats ashame.

FWP - Its week 8 and he's still starting. I believe he will start until he breaks, and w/ his youth and the bus behind him; he could be starting for the rest of it. If you want to sell, I would wait since Pitt is playing a broken Raven this MNF.

Now for the Indy owners out there, my advise - Sell your guys by the deadline. Indy is on top of the conf. w/ Cin and Den 2 games behind. If that lead get a couple games bigger and Indy is assured home field, Look for Dungy to bench the guys that been carring you when you need them the most. Don't believe me, ask the guy who owned McNadd or Westbrook last year.

Thoughts, Comments, or Add on; Please post.

Guest MUGS

trying to package Key and T Jones now for Plex and his scrub rb :(

Not bad, but I can't see why anyone should trade Dunn. Hotlanta will continue to run and you won't get the same value in return.

Portis (with and without my homer googles on) - is also a guy whose passing offense is getting better which may open up some running lanes.

Not bad, but I can't see why anyone should trade Dunn. Hotlanta will continue to run and you won't get the same value in return.

Portis (with and without my homer googles on) - is also a guy whose passing offense is getting better which may open up some running lanes.

Thanks. If I didn't get what I wanted then I wouldn't trade Dunn away. I think He will do decent or maybe a little less than usual in the Playoffs.

I miss the Plax note i wrote down, The injuries are already coming and he will miss time this year. Plan for it if you want to keep him.

Now for the Indy owners out there, my advise - Sell your guys by the deadline. Indy is on top of the conf. w/ Cin and Den 2 games behind. If that lead get a couple games bigger and Indy is assured home field, Look for Dungy to bench the guys that been carring you when you need them the most.

Excellant post.

Dominic Rhodes could make some noise during the fantasy playoffs.

I'm looking for a WR to trade T. Jones for.

Right now I'm targeting S. Moss.....

Any better options?

Santana is the Top WR in many leagues, you'll have to give up alot to get him. The Skins still have SD, Eagles Twice, Giants Twice...

I'm a Skins homer (if you haven't noticed), so you won't hear me say anything negative about my boys.

Good Luck and let us know what you give up for him, and I think you'll need more then TJones - IMO

Any better options?

Are you serious? You should at least keep Jones for his next 3 games (Det, NO & SF). He should have some serious trade value by then. :wall:

I'm a Skins homer (if you haven't noticed), so you won't hear me say anything negative about my boys.

Yeah, didn't you predict some big numbers for Clinton during the pre-season?

Wha~happened!? :wall:

My latest offer for Santana is:

S. Moss and C Bension

for:

J. Galloway and T Jones.

We'll see.....

Any better options?

Are you serious? You should at least keep Jones for his next 3 games (Det, NO & SF). He should have some serious trade value by then. B)

Have you seen my other RB's?

Caddy, LaMont, Tomlinson...

I have room to play.

Nice analysis..

I disagree with Dunn. I think he's a "don't sell high" candidate. Atlanta is committed to the run (they have to since their passing game is non-existent) and Dunn's been on fire, and there's no reason to think he won't continue that.

Also disagree with T. Jones. Benson is being a pain in the locker room, and as a rookie who held out, this won't sit well with the team and the coaching staff. Jones as quietly had a monster year thus far, and people don't realize that his true value alot higher than what's perceived.

I'd say a sell high candidate is S. Moss. His value is sky high right now, and are we all convinced that Brunell is now all of a sudden 7 years younger? Also, I'd sell high on Bledsoe, as I think a weakened running game will (unless Barber can get 95 yds every week) will affect the passing attack.

I'd buy low on Ashley Lelie. Has had a terrible year thus far, but his homerun potential is too hard to ignore. May even be available on the ww in some leagues. Also buy low on any detroit receiver (that's still walking), brian westbrook, and D. Foster.

Any better options?

Are you serious? You should at least keep Jones for his next 3 games (Det, NO & SF). He should have some serious trade value by then. B)

Have you seen my other RB's?

Caddy, LaMont, Tomlinson...

I have room to play.

You make a good point. ;)

SMoss has 85 points in my league and TJones has 86. Both have had their bye week. Do with that what you will.

Any better options?

Santana is the Top WR in many leagues, you'll have to give up alot to get him. The Skins still have SD, Eagles Twice, Giants Twice...

Good Luck and let us know what you give up for him, and I think you'll need more then TJones - IMO

I was just offered S. Moss for J. Jones. Am I missing something here? :thumbsdown:

Any better options?

I was just offered S. Moss for J. Jones. Am I missing something here? :thumbsdown:

Someone will give you S. Moss for JJ?

Take it, man! Take it and run!

But it ain't me...... <_<

Take it, man! Take it and run!

But it ain't me...... <_<

Yeah. The guy is a good friend of mine so I wrote him back and mentioned that Jones probably won't play this week and has a bye next week but he was still okay with it.

Geez, I also just got a Ward for J. Jones offer. Now I don't know which I like better. Is there some breaking news that I haven't seen concerning Julius? :thumbsdown:

Take it, man!  Take it and run!

But it ain't me...... :)

Yeah. The guy is a good friend of mine so I wrote him back and mentioned that Jones probably won't play this week and has a bye next week but he was still okay with it.

Geez, I also just got a Ward for J. Jones offer. Now I don't know which I like better. Is there some breaking news that I haven't seen concerning Julius? :lol:

jones will be fantasy gold down the stretch, be careful trading him for a streaky hot the cold WR....especially since the 2 teams you mentione PITT and WAS love to run the ball...

I've got the Edge and Wayne. I have been plotting the Edge trade for a while now but do you think Wayne sits if and when the Colts get home field. I know Edge and Harrisson ride pine but was wondering about Wayne.

I've got the Edge and Wayne. I have been plotting the Edge trade for a while now but do you think Wayne sits if and when the Colts get home field. I know Edge and Harrisson ride pine but was wondering about Wayne.

I was wondering that one myself. I don't think Wayne will sit the pine but the main guy throwing him the ball will.

I disagree with Dunn. I think he's a "don't sell high" candidate. Atlanta is committed to the run (they have to since their passing game is non-existent) and Dunn's been on fire, and there's no reason to think he won't continue that.

That is exactly why I say sell high him. Because a some FF players feel the same way. He has been a awesome so far, especial for an RB taken in most 4th rounds or lower; now its getting close to the time to cash in if you want too.

I agree on the Colts...but there is one thing that will keep them starting their main guys. To stay undefeated. If they're 13-0 and have the division wrapped up, they'll continue to start them.

The Jags have the easiest remaining schedule anyone could ask for. Leftwich, Taylor, Smith and the defense are all going to be solid from here on out. The Jags may only lose one more game this year (Colts).

I am an edge owner and the only thing i could get in return are SA or LT to make it reasonable for me. I'm not to sure about this whole Indy thing. Here is why:

1) Colts schedule is pretty tough down the road. They play @NE, @Cin, Pitt, @jack, San Diego and @ Sea. The Pitt and Jack games will be huge. Im thinking they finish 14-2 or 13-3

2) The Jags schedule is very very easy down the road the only tough game they have remaining is home against IND and they always play them tough. Now if the jags win out (which they could easily do) they would finish 14-2

3) Pitt also has a very favorable schedule with only Ind and Cin as tough opponents. They could finish 14-2 as well

To me it's still going to come down to the last week or so cause Ind has way to many tough games down the road than these other two teams and it would be a miracle if they won out or only lost 1

They lose one game between Jax or Pitt then we won't have to worry about sitting there players cause they know they need home-field throughout

Agree with trading Indy players. I just can't find anyone who wants marvin harrison!

I have both Edge and Harrison. I am keeping Edge, and have backed him up with Rhoads (expecting lots of play in weeks 15/16). I have been trying to trade Harrison but can't get anyone interested. Games I have seen so far show Manning looking a lot towards Wayne, not Marvin. Has anyone else been able to deal Marvin and what did you get in return?

Now for the Indy owners out there, my advise - Sell your guys by the deadline.  Indy is on top of the conf. w/ Cin and Den 2 games behind.  If that lead get a couple games bigger and Indy is assured home field, Look for Dungy to bench the guys that been carring you when you need them the most.

Excellant post.

Dominic Rhodes could make some noise during the fantasy playoffs.

I have Edge and Dominic and I am worried about the playoffs. We play in weeks 15, 16, and 17. I am contemplating trading Edge around week 12. The next month will tell a lot.

Guest MUGS
swandown 

QUOTE (MUGS @ Oct 27 2005, 02:48 PM)

trying to package Key and T Jones now for Plex and his scrub rb thumbup.gif

Why??

I have LJordan, T Jones, D Davis,S Davis and MeMo :rolleyes:

17 player, 12 team redraft

I have Key, McCardell and Gonzo, Gabriel

Could use a better Wr and can afford to do it :lol:

I just tried DD with Key first, T jones and Key next

I have LJordan, T Jones, D Davis,S Davis and MeMo :lol:

17 player, 12 team redraft

I have Key, McCardell and Gonzo, Gabriel

Could use a better Wr and can afford to do it :lol:

I just tried DD with Key first, T jones and Key next

Dam, you landed some Key RBs. I own DD and Lamont in my $ league and their an Awesome combo. DD will hopefully play better this 2nd half so I would rather keep him than TJ.

Guest MUGS

DD rnd 1,

LJ rnd 3

TJ rnd 5

Sd rnd 14

I try an avoid wr's and go with the flow(Rb's first)..cr@pshoot..IMO

They worked out but not always steady

Also have Favre and Brady, Colts def :rolleyes:

Austin Outlaws

Mike

QB Brady, Tom NEP 7

QB Favre, Brett GBP 6

RB Davis, Domanick HOU 3

RB Davis, Stephen CAR 7

RB Jones, Thomas CHI 4

RB Jordan, LaMont OAK 5

RB Moore, Mewelde MIN 5

WR Gabriel, Doug OAK 5

WR Johnson, Keyshawn DAL 9

WR Jones, Brandon TEN 10

WR McCardell, Keenan SDC 10

WR Randle El, Antwaan PIT 4

TE Gonzalez, Tony KCC 5

K Vinatieri, Adam NEP 7

DT Green Bay Packers GBP 6

DT Indianapolis Colts IND 8

ST New York Giants NYG 5

17 Total Players

Indy still has to play at NE, at Jags, at Cincy, Pittsburgh, San Diego, at Seattle.

If you can't foresee a couple losses in there you are crazy.

Denver, Pittsburgh, Cincy, NE, KC will all be in the hunt for homefield. To think Indy is going to sweep the rest of the year is crazy. And the Jags will push Indy for the division. JAGS PLAY ONE MORE GAME VS. A TEAM WITH A WINNING RECORD. And that team is Indy. Jags have a cakewalk schedule and Indy actually has a tough one if you ask me (see above playoff caliber teams they will be playing)

Indy's defense has been very leaky the last 2 weeks. HOUSTON kept the game close until the 4th quarter HOUSTON!

Go ahead and plan for weeks 15 and 16 and forget about trying to win weeks 8 through 14. You will find yourself with some great matchups week #15 and #16 while you are watching the team you traded Edge, Harrison, Manning and the Colts defense to play for the Fantasy Bowl.

Good luck trying to predict what a good matchup will be 8 weeks from now.

Guest MUGS

Indy's defense has been very leaky the last 2 weeks. HOUSTON kept the game close until the 4th quarter HOUSTON!

I'll take the leaky defense for 20 pts :lol:

My league gets 2pts..fumbles rec., int's, and sacks plus 6pts for td's,

safeties, under 10pts and shut outs

I'll roll with them ;)

I'll take the leaky defense for 20 pts :thumbsup:

My league gets 2pts..fumbles rec., int's, and sacks plus 6pts for td's,

safeties, under 10pts and shut outs

I'll roll with them :blink:

Agreed...the only reason they kept in the game was 2 turnovers by Manning which doesnt happen very often.

The Colts D has been the highest scoring player/position in my league ....drafted them in the 12th round....couldnt be happier.

I was offered Domanick Davis and Joe Horn for Warrick Dunn. I took the trade and am very happy. D. Davis has been a great fill in for Julius Jones the last couple weeks and for Julius' upcoming bye. Plus I'm able to start D.Davis this week when Dunn has a bye (big reason I made the trade) along with the fact Dunn rarely scores a touchdown.

I don't know what is wrong with my league but here are a few of my trade offers...

Owner wants a good WR for Edge, I offer him S. Moss...Rejected!

Another owner wants a nice WR for P. Manning, I offer Steve Smith...Rejected!

Another owner wants a WR & RB for Priest, I offer S. Moss & K. Jones...Rejected!

I'm weak at RB & QB but I guess I'll take my chances with S. Moss and S. Smith as my studs for the rest of the year. I also have Jimmy Smith on my bench, who I know is looking at a good second half, can't even move him for a border-line QB. The owners in my league expect me to throw in one or two more players for Edge, Manning and Priest. Meanwhile I have the top 2 scoring WR's in my league, it's just not enough for these guys, unreal. :sleep:

Agreed...the only reason they kept in the game was 2 turnovers by Manning which doesnt happen very often. 

Go Dunta Robinson! :doublethumbsup: