Sign in to follow this  
buzzbait

RB Fred Taylor - Downgraded To Quest.

Florida Times Union

Jaguars running back Fred Taylor could miss his second consecutive game Sunday at St. Louis. He was downgraded to questionable on Friday on the team's injury report.

Taylor said he expects to play, but coach Jack Del Rio said the veteran runner's availability would be a game-time decision after Taylor tests his injured ankle in warmups Sunday morning. According to NFL guidelines, players listed as questionable have a 50-percent chance of playing.

Del Rio said fullback Greg Jones, who ran for 77 yards and a touchdown against Pittsburgh in Taylor's absence two weeks ago, would start again at tailback against the Rams if Taylor can't play.

Pearman 12 carries 86 yds & a TD

Jones 15 carries 42 yds

PEARMAN, PEARMAN, PEARMAN :o ;) :) :clap:

Jones 15 carries 42 yds

PEARMAN, PEARMAN, PEARMAN :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Agree, he got more touches than Jones last week. Jones is nothing but a FB now, not enough quickness for the NFL.

Pearman! :headbanger:

:banana: --------------------------------------------------------- :clap:

:banana: ----------------------- :clap: --------------------- :clap:

:clap: ---------- :clap:

:headbanger:

:first: ---------------------------- :clap:

Jones 15 carries 42 yds

PEARMAN, PEARMAN, PEARMAN  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:

Agree, he got more touches than Jones last week. Jones is nothing but a FB now, not enough quickness for the NFL.

Pearman! :thumbsup:

He got more touches than Jones last week?

Jones 15 carries 42 yds

In the last game, Jones had 19 touches and Pearman had 20. That's a 50/50 split, not one back getting more than the other.

And Jones actually did something with his touches, something Pearman hasn't done the entire season.

:thumbsup: uhhh.....

G. Jones 18rushes 77yards 4.3avg 25long 1TD

A. Pearman 15rushes 22yards 1.5avg 8long 0TD

that was the last game they played against PITT

they were on a bye last week

granted Pearman has better recieving capabilities...

Jones 15 carries 42 yds

In the last game, Jones had 19 touches and Pearman had 20. That's a 50/50 split, not one back getting more than the other.

And Jones actually did something with his touches, something Pearman hasn't done the entire season.

Last time I checked 50/50 would have been Pearmans touches = to Jones , Im not a math genius though :banana:

Pearmans touches > Jones

:blink: uhhh.....

How many catches did pearman have and how many did jones have :blink:

Exactly, I am not sure what those guys are smoking but when I look at the stats for Pearman for October 16th he was 15 attempts for 22 yards.

Jones 15 carries 42 yds

PEARMAN, PEARMAN, PEARMAN  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Pearman! :blink:

Last time I checked 50/50 would have been Pearmans touches = to Jones , Im not a math genius though :blink:

Pearmans touches > Jones

And last I checked, Jones production >>>> Pearman. Which is pathetic considering Pearman got so many more touches.

Pearman = :blink:

Guest Loose Circuits

Pearman also had 5 catches for 35, for what it's worth.

One thing is known, Jones will get the goalline carries, which could be plentiful v that Rams D. Hopefully Jax doesn''t just score on bombs...

Does anyone know the difference between Touches and Carries??

My league awards points based on production. Pearman = suck in that format.

I think they both had exactly the same amount of touches last week.

You think, I know Pearman 20 to Jones 19

Not last week. Zero=Zero.

Touches is the total number of times a player touched the ball in a game (Carries, receptions, Kick/Punt returns, etc.)

Carries is only the number of times they ran with the football.

Touches is the total number of times a player touched the ball in a game (Carries, receptions, Kick/Punt returns, etc.)

I believe he was being sarcastic.

I believe he was being sarcastic.

I wasn't following the post, but I kinda thought he might be.

Oh well. :ph34r:

:blink:

The rookie just used you.

:blink:

Carries is the number of times the RB rushed for yardage.

Touches (should) include receptions, and also plays which did not count for yardage due to penalty.

You could give a RB 30 touches, but theoretically have 0 carries if there were offensive penalties on all 30 of those plays.

:cry:

The rookie just used you.

:cheers:

wow. as of this post you have 990 posts, are member #990 and registered in '99.

Thats crazy man. Crazy.

If Freddy continues to not play regularly, I think that Pearman will continue to be given a chance to be the starter. He is the most well rounded, and quicker than Jones, just not ready for the full-time role.

If Freddy continues to not play regularly, I think that Pearman will continue to be given a chance to be the starter. He is the most well rounded, and quicker than Jones, just not ready for the full-time role.

:cheers:

Nailed it. If they thought Jones was going to be the backup to taylor they wouldn't have told him he was the full time FB at the start of the year.

Pearman :cheers: :cry: :pointstosky:

If Freddy continues to not play regularly, I think that Pearman will continue to be given a chance to be the starter.  He is the most well rounded, and quicker than Jones, just not ready for the full-time role.

Nailed it. If they thought Jones was going to be the backup to taylor they wouldn't have told him he was the full time FB at the start of the year.

Pearman :headbanger: :blink: :thumbsup:

If they thought Pearman was the man, they would have left Jones at FB.

Pearman :banana: :bench: :bench:

If you saw the Pitt game this is an easy choice, I honestly feel sorry for those of you who take Pearman... no... wait... I don't. Jones is the better back, and I suspect he will have the most production should Fred not make it.

If you saw the Pitt game this is an easy choice, I honestly feel sorry for those of you who take Pearman... no... wait... I don't. Jones is the better back, and I suspect he will have the most production should Fred not make it.

Pearman :bench:

If Freddy continues to not play regularly, I think that Pearman will continue to be given a chance to be the starter.  He is the most well rounded, and quicker than Jones, just not ready for the full-time role.

Pearman :bench: ;) :blink:

Pearman :bench: :bench: :bench:

Interesting observation. They spend a 2nd round pick in '04 on Greg Jones, and by the end of the season, he is their FB of the future. Sure he is a physical specimen, but if you can't turn the corner, you probably shouldn't be starting this side of PIT or CAR.

Don't misunderstand, I actually like GJones, but see him as a Reuben Droughns type. The guy you can lean on for 60-80 yds per game as a starter, but no game breaker. Pearman has been a super-sleeper up to now. He may not be a 22 year old Fred Taylor, but no one thought anything of Dom Davis coming in either.

Pearman has the potential to be a game breaker, but needs time to catch up to NFL game speed, and to fully understand blocking schemes to make him a viable starting RB.

If you saw the Pitt game this is an easy choice, I honestly feel sorry for those of you who take Pearman... no... wait... I don't.  Jones is the better back, and I suspect he will have the most production should Fred not make it.

Pearman :bench:

in ppr Pearman is the guy. standard probably Jones

Pearman :bench: ;) :blink:

Pearman :bench: :bench: :bench:

Interesting observation. They spend a 2nd round pick in '04 on Greg Jones, and by the end of the season, he is their FB of the future. Sure he is a physical specimen, but if you can't turn the corner, you probably shouldn't be starting this side of PIT or CAR.

Don't misunderstand, I actually like GJones, but see him as a Reuben Droughns type. The guy you can lean on for 60-80 yds per game as a starter, but no game breaker. Pearman has been a super-sleeper up to now. He may not be a 22 year old Fred Taylor, but no one thought anything of Dom Davis coming in either.

Pearman has the potential to be a game breaker, but needs time to catch up to NFL game speed, and to fully understand blocking schemes to make him a viable starting RB.

Another way to interpret Jones being moved to fullback is that they were so impressed with his skillset and wanted to find a way to get him on the field. With Taylor starting, it's a way to accomplish that.

Pearman may have some potential, but he can only average 2.7 YPC while G Jones averages 4.6 for so long before it becomes apparant which back should be getting reps when Fred can't go....