Sign in to follow this  
Trout_2

Anyone ever leave a TE out of the starting lineup?

Have you ever considered not starting a TE versus dropping a player you don't want to in order to pick one up for the Bye? (i.e. leave the bye TE in the line-up) We have precious few roster spots and given the scrubs at TE that are available, I am thinking it may not be worth the player I would have to drop.

Stop posting twice you stupid D-Bag :thumbsup:

I received an error and thought the board was down so tried again. I already deleted the second post a##wipe!

Have you ever considered not starting a TE versus dropping a player you don't want to in order to pick one up for the Bye? (i.e. leave the bye TE in the line-up) We have precious few roster spots and given the scrubs at TE that are available, I am thinking it may not be worth the player I would have to drop.

last week i traded for crumpler. but the first 6 weeks i played musical TE with no success. 1 td the first six weeks. I was high point in week 2-4. Weeks 2 & 4 I had 0 points from my TE.

U WILL LOSE!....JJ

good luck with ur decision..

IMO

if u dont start one and lose ur going to be pissed u didnt get one....

long term ur better off.. but if ur willing to lose w/o TE then do it...

:thumbsup:

I did that this season and lost but it didn't matter. The points scored by the TE I would have picked up wouldn't have mattered.

Guest jchapman

IMO i don't start a DB...but only if you play with IDP's!

Shouldnt you have to field a complete team that is all active and playing? Seems like it should be a rule.

Shouldnt you have to field a complete team that is all active and playing? Seems like it should be a rule.

Actually I agree, but the way it works, you just can't leave it blank, so as long as I have my player in (who is on bye) it's o.k.

I would say on this, being in a league where I and others tend not to FA a TE for the bye week. That, unless your rules specifically outlaw it, it is acceptable to have a TE start on a bye.

However, I don't think it would ever be acceptable to not have a TE on the roster at all in a TE is mandatory league. You need to, imo, have at least one in all positions no matter your view of them.

it all comes down to the rules of your league.

play within and to what they will allow.

:(

The league I am in makes sure you have 1 qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 1k, and 1dst or you will have an illegal lineup and lose the game. You can play people with bye weeks however.

i have done that with kicker

:headbanger: I even went without a kicker for the last 3 weeks once when I clinched a playoff spot early and wanted to keep more depth at RB/WR since I had some really uncertain situations there. Won all three games. :thumbsup: