Sign in to follow this  
CA_7

Chester Taylor Visiting Vikings Today

Tim Yotter (Vikings Update Magazine?) was just on Sirius and stated the Vikes really like Chester. Tim wouldn't be surprised if they signed him today "based on their past history of not letting top prospects leave without a contract."

It will be real interesting what kind of money he'll get if he signs for the Vikings. I'm just not sure who will emerge as the main guy next year. :thumbsup:

It will be real interesting what kind of money he'll get if he signs for the Vikings. I'm just not sure who wil emerge as the main guy next year. :thumbsup:

Even if Bennett remained in Minny Chester is still better than what they have. I can easily see him starting over the junk they have already.

why didnt the vikes pursue edge a little more. i know manning and harrison restructured to keep open the possibility that edge would re-sign but this is ridiculous. chester taylor is not in the same league as edge, the vikes have the cap room and sign an average back. same old crap, just a different year...

why didnt the vikes pursue edge a little more. i know manning and harrison restructured to keep open the possibility that edge would re-sign but this is ridiculous. chester taylor is not in the same league as edge, the vikes have the cap room and sign an average back. same old crap, just a different year...

A 28 year old RB, who's carried the load for his whole career is is looking for a huge contract?

Pass.

A 28 year old RB, who's carried the load for his whole career is is looking for a huge contract?

Pass.

A 27 year old RB, who's done absolutely nothing...sign him up?

117 carries and 1 rushing TD last year.

Taylor is no spring chicken...Give me Edge all day everyday...you guys are used to the mediocrity of the last few years.

A 27 year old RB, who's done absolutely nothing...sign him up?

117 carries and 1 rushing TD last year.

Taylor is no spring chicken...Give me Edge all day everyday...you guys are used to the mediocrity of the last few years.

I'm not saying Taylor's great, but he's a hell of a lot cheaper. I'd rather spend big bucks on Witherspoon or Hutchinson.

Why are you worried about Wilf's money, even if you had signed Edge...you would have still had the money for those guys.

Red is gone, open the checkbook

Vikings | Leber contract update

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 20:19:09 -0800

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings LB Ben Leber signed a five-year contract worth $20 million with $4 million guaranteed in bonuses.

Vikings | C. Taylor contract update

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 20:18:43 -0800

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings RB Chester Taylor signed a four-year contract worth $14.1 million with $5.6 million guaranteed in bonuses.

Vikings | Leber contract update

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 20:19:09 -0800

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings LB Ben Leber signed a five-year contract worth $20 million with $4 million guaranteed in bonuses.

So does anyone know much about this Leber fellow? Seems like a lot of money. :banana:

Childress is predicting 20-30 touches per game for Chester :huh:

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/s...ll/14081929.htm

Sean Jensen ~ Pioneer Press

Does anyone here really believe that Mike Tice won't find a way to ruin his value?

Bring in a 3rd down back and a GL back? Bring back the Whizzinator? Something - he'll find something to ruin this.

Not to mention the turmoil on that offense....quarterback is nto a good position to have unsettled.

Does anyone here really believe that Mike Tice won't find a way to ruin his value?

Bring in a 3rd down back and a GL back? Bring back the Whizzinator? Something - he'll find something to ruin this.

Not to mention the turmoil on that offense....quarterback is nto a good position to have unsettled.

Tice got his ass canned months ago.

Personally I'm hoping it's coach speak, and they're looking at a RB in the draft.

Tice got his ass canned months ago.

Personally I'm hoping it's coach speak, and they're looking at a RB in the draft.

Ah yes...that's right, I forgot. My bad...I think the draft is the way to go. I'm not convinced taylor is worth it. He's not done much in Baltimore, and in a contract year with Jamal Lewis hurting, I would have expected him to bust out. yet he did nothing to take advantage of the opportunity.

Ah yes...that's right, I forgot. My bad...I think the draft is the way to go. I'm not convinced taylor is worth it. He's not done much in Baltimore, and in a contract year with Jamal Lewis hurting, I would have expected him to bust out. yet he did nothing to take advantage of the opportunity.

He averaged 4.2 yards a carry in limited time. It's not like Billick gave him a ton of chances.

So I guess this means they will be skipping over Maroney or Williams in the draft?

Looks like the Pats will have their chance to grab one of them.

Taylor & Longwell are great starts. Now, we need to bolseter the O line & not get taken to the cleaners on the C-Pepp deal.

He averaged 4.2 yards a carry in limited time. It's not like Billick gave him a ton of chances.

117 touches and only one rushing TD...the proven 27 year old back.

Minny fans will have to wait a while to see how this turns out. I would be disappointed, but the Minny fans can do nothing but hope Childress knows what he is doing. Blind faith. But it's all better than Red

so far he has:

let go of half the secondary

trying to deal daunte, who just 2 seasons ago was an MVP candidate and still young, how many times has BJ been washed up and left for dead?

Signed a questionable RB with no history of prolonged success.

It's a good start...

Don't have the numbers but seems like Chester is banged up a lot and now it sounds like he is the full-time starter?

MeMo could be a nice sleeper pick and bye week fill-in this year.

i think you guys are being way too harsh on Chester Taylor, and in some instances, just flat out wrong.

Taylor...

Injury Prone - No - missed only 2 games that past 4 years. And the one game he missed last year I think he was dressed, he just didn't play, it was very weird.

117 carries, 1 TD - so what, he got nothing inside the 20s. Warrick Dunn had 3 TDs in 280s, he's still considered good.

Minny to draft an RB? - you don't give an RB $14 million over 4 years with over $5 million gauranteed if you're going to go out and spend a first round draft pick on another running back.

27 years old is too old? - wrong. priest holmes (another jamal lewis backup) was 28 when he got to kansas city - his fifth year in the league (same as chester).

He's unproven - first off, everybody's "unproven" at some point. jesus, look at willie parker, dominick davis, and rudi johnson. they came out of nowhere. and chester has been stuck behind an amazing runner in jamal lewis (2nd most rushing yards in a season ever, only one of three? players to record over 2000 yards in a season, single game rushing record holder).

Never took advantage of the opportunity - wrong. in 2004 when Jamal was suspended and injured for a 4 game span, chester averaged 23.75 touches for 107.75 total yards/per game and scored 2 TDs. pretty decent for first time being a featured back.

So basically, don't sleep on Chester, he's better than you think. Yeah, he's 27, but he has only 475 career touches, that's less than Shaun Alexander had last year alone. And in the same ballpark as these players last year: portis (418), edge (422), tiki (427), but this only means his legs are fresh and his best years are ahead of him.

i think chester will surprise you doubters this year. 3rd round might be too late to nab him. If you spend early on a WR, he'll make a servicable #2, if you play in a league that allows 3 RBs, he'll make an amazing #3.