Sign in to follow this  
listen2me 23

Cpep And Brees Effect

with the Phins getting Culpepper and the Saints getting Brees what effect will this have on the top ten of the NFL draft?

As a packers fan I am worried about who they will have to pick.....

I see it

1.- Houtan- they take Bush

2.- Saints- D. Ferguson, I dont see Mario here seeing their D Line is the least of their worries, get that franchise LT to go along with Brees ( a trade down to get Hawk is possible which I am afraid of)

3.- Titans- Lienart, him and Chow will have some good years to come.

4.- Jets- Cutler, Use Youngs wonderlic as an excuse to fans and end up with the guy they wanted all along.

5.- Packers- AJ Hawk, now that we have Kampman resigned we look to Hawk and not Mario, Im afraid the Saints will drop back to 4 and take him but we'll see.

6.- 49ers- M. Huff, need help everywhere but secondary might be the biggest need.

7.- Raiders- V Young- AL Davis is still the owner......he sees talent he bites...

8.- Bills- H Nghata - loosing Sam Adams leaves much room for this pick.

9.- Lions - Jimmy Williams, they should trade down to get him but they need someone deep besides Bly

10.- Cards- V Davis, they signed James....still need D, but Denny Green loves his O makes for some scary targets to pass too...

with the Phins getting Culpepper and the Saints getting Brees what effect will this have on the top ten of the NFL draft?

As a packers fan I am worried about who they will have to pick.....

I see it

1.- Houtan- they take Bush

2.- Saints- D. Ferguson, I dont see Mario here seeing their D Line is the least of their worries, get that franchise LT to go along with Brees ( a trade down to get Hawk is possible which I am afraid of)

3.- Titans- Lienart, him and Chow will have some good years to come.

4.- Jets- Cutler, Use Youngs wonderlic as an excuse to fans and end up with the guy they wanted all along.

5.- Packers- AJ Hawk, now that we have Kampman resigned we look to Hawk and not Mario, Im afraid the Saints will drop back to 4 and take him but we'll see.

6.- 49ers- M. Huff, need help everywhere but secondary might be the biggest need.

7.- Raiders- V Young- AL Davis is still the owner......he sees talent he bites...

8.- Bills- H Nghata - loosing Sam Adams leaves much room for this pick.

9.- Lions - Jimmy Williams, they should trade down to get him but they need someone deep besides Bly

10.- Cards- V Davis, they signed James....still need D, but Denny Green loves his O makes for some scary targets to pass too...

Mario out of the top ten? :blink:

Mario out of the top ten? :mad:

ooops my bad.....with him falling after the packers I kind of just forgot about him....he woul dgo to the Lions instead of Jimmy WIlliams...

what I was trying to get at was what do you think the packers will do now at 5 with resigning kampman....also if Hawk go to the Saints somewhere before the packs pick who do we draft?

ooops my bad.....with him falling after the packers I kind of just forgot about him....he woul dgo to the Lions instead of Jimmy WIlliams...

I certainly hope he doesn't slip past the Raidahs at #7. Spending a #7 on a guy like Vince who would be a long term project isn't the way I hope Al will draft.

Niners take Huff?

:huh:

Maybe, but I somewhat doubt it.

Vernon Davis would be a better need-pick, as the Niners need the blocking and receiving TE.

A.J. Hawk will more than likely be who the Niners take at 6 overall if the Packers don't beat them to him.

I see the Niners taking D'Brickshaw Fergusen thought, if he makes it to #6. He's the best pick for their needs.

I think NO may well deal out of the #2 spot to a team wanting Leinart (Tennesee, NYJ,

Niners take Huff?

Vernon Davis would be a better need-pick, as the Niners need the blocking and receiving TE.

A.J. Hawk will more than likely be who the Niners take at 6 overall if the Packers don't beat them to him.

I see the Niners taking D'Brickshaw Fergusen thought, if he makes it to #6. He's the best pick for their needs.

I think NO may well deal out of the #2 spot to a team wanting Leinart (Tennesee, NYJ,

the 49ers although with many needs TE isnt really one of them.....Eric Johnson was an improving young TE who was already better then half in the NFL he caught balls like crazy....D is the 49ers only pick with the lack of great WRs in the draft

I could maybe see the Saints trading down for the Jets' number 4 pick, and going AJ Hawk right there. There's no real need for the Saints at tackle. They drafted Jamal last year 8th overall I think and he's starting at right tackle and Wayne Gandy is a good left tackle, but he is old.

What about Oakland trading up with the Saints and gettting Leinart? Then addressing defense later.

In any case, the Saints are in good shape. They just need to trade down and select Demario Williams or AJ Hawk or, heck, even Mike Huff.

whos "Demario Williams"??

Hmmm....

1. Texans - Bush

2. Jets - Lienhart

3. Titans - Young

4. Saints - Hawk

5. Packers - Ferguson

That would make me happy as a Packers fan. As long as the Jets and Titans are desparate for a QB going into the draft, I think its a possibility.

whos "Demario Williams"??

come on, man. DE Mario williams. Ain't it obvious?

the 49ers although with many needs TE isnt really one of them.....Eric Johnson was an improving young TE who was already better then half in the NFL he caught balls like crazy....

1. Eric Johnson cannot stay healthy. He played in a whopping 12 games from 2002-2003 combined, and started just 14 games from 2004-2005 combined. that's 26 games over 4 seasons. He had 1 solid season in there where he caught 82 passes - a career high, which was largely the byproduct of having a QB lock onto him as the only consistent option when Lloyd dropped 80% of this passes.

Don't fool yourself - SF definately has a need for a TE.

As for this statement:

D is the 49ers only pick with the lack of great WRs in the draft

The 49ers had a decent defensive unit last season.

2. With a young developing QB, the O-Line should be the "only" pick. If they can get D'Brickshaw Fergusen, bank on them taking him at 6. Kwame Harris sucks, and they could easily move Jennings over to the other side to accomodate D'Brickshaw.

You're really not sounding like someone who's posting from an informed standpoint with statements like these.

1. Eric Johnson cannot stay healthy. He played in a whopping 12 games from 2002-2003 combined, and started just 14 games from 2004-2005 combined. that's 26 games over 4 seasons. He had 1 solid season in there where he caught 82 passes - a career high, which was largely the byproduct of having a QB lock onto him as the only consistent option when Lloyd dropped 80% of this passes.

Don't fool yourself - SF definately has a need for a TE.

As for this statement:

The 49ers had a decent defensive unit last season.

2. With a young developing QB, the O-Line should be the "only" pick. If they can get D'Brickshaw Fergusen, bank on them taking him at 6. Kwame Harris sucks, and they could easily move Jennings over to the other side to accomodate D'Brickshaw.

You're really not sounding like someone who's posting from an informed standpoint with statements like these.

Ok.....?

so your telling me the good pick for a rebuilding team that has many holes and a high draft choice would be a TE?...

You my friend are really sounding like someone who doesnt have much football logic or sense.... :rolleyes:

Ok.....?

so your telling me the good pick for a rebuilding team that has many holes and a high draft choice would be a TE?...

You my friend are really sounding like someone who doesnt have much football logic or sense.... <_<

by the way they have just lost Plummer and Carter.....so I would say D is a big need for them over a freak of a TE from Maryland....

SF's D Stats basically last in points given up a game 26.8 to last place 26.9

114.5 rush yards given up a game... middle of the pack there

276.7 pass yds given up a game DEAD LAST by 45 yds...!!!!!! :blink:

and Dead last in total yds give up a game by a wide margin!!!!

and less then average in sacks and turnovers forced...

so you my friend look totally silly by saying they had a decent Defensive unit last year!!!

and with those stats your previous post looks very un-informed :wub:

He didn't really say the pick should be TE; in fact, he said 'O-Line should be the 'only' pick." Tightend is simply a need was the point.

Plus I fixed that quote. Now you don't have to be fake confused anymore. Virtual high five!

He didn't really say the pick should be TE; in fact, he said 'O-Line should be the 'only' pick." Tightend is simply a need was the point.

Plus I fixed that quote. Now you don't have to be fake confused anymore. Virtual high five!

I was sort of faking but somewhat confused ....didnt know if you meant Degelo Williams or Mario Williams...

what I was trying to get at was what do you think the packers will do now at 5 with resigning kampman....also if Hawk go to the Saints somewhere before the packs pick who do we draft?

The Packers resigning Kampman is no big deal. They definately over paid for him since he will never be better than he was last year. I hope Mario is the guy, a team with KGB and Kampman a DEs is not going anywhere.

The word on lombard street is the 49ers like Huff. I guess that's not what you guys heard.

The Packers resigning Kampman is no big deal. They definately over paid for him since he will never be better than he was last year. I hope Mario is the guy, a team with KGB and Kampman a DEs is not going anywhere.

well there would be no need for 3 high paid ends....only for one of whome to be a backup :wub:

The word on lombard street is the 49ers like Huff. I guess that's not what you guys heard.

yea i put the 9ers taking huff....

Give that man a ci-gar. :wub:

Last I heard, they were more interested in AJ Hawk.

it's all such a mystery though at this point, since the few moves thus far have already shaken things up so much....who knows if the Niners pursue a DB, LB, DE or S in FA.

Ok.....?

You my friend are really sounding like someone who doesnt have much football logic or sense.... :rolleyes:

by the way they have just lost Plummer and Carter.....so I would say D is a big need for them over a freak of a TE from Maryland....

SF's D Stats basically last in points given up a game 26.8 to last place 26.9

114.5 rush yards given up a game... middle of the pack there

276.7 pass yds given up a game DEAD LAST by 45 yds...!!!!!! <_<

and Dead last in total yds give up a game by a wide margin!!!!

and less then average in sacks and turnovers forced...

so you my friend look totally silly by saying they had a decent Defensive unit last year!!!

and with those stats your previous post looks very un-informed :wub:

so scooter man.....do you care to say stick up for your comments and say that I am the one who makes posts without being informed?.....and keep acting like the guys on message boards that trys to shoot down others while acting like he has supreme football knowlage....(in most cases ends up being the one with the least)....

Niners take Huff?

did this man outta the words of this post not come off as saying Brickshaw would the pick (but we all know he wont be there) but after BRick TE would be a huge NEED position and Huff isnt really the choice?

we all know Brick is gone by then ...the kid is the biggest lock in the draft....and in most years would go number 1 overall.....so his pick was basically V Davis with saying how much a TE is needed and that Hawk would most likley be gone... :blink:

How about this you two - - SanFran takes the best o-line man - I agree with scooter on this

SanFran takes - the best defensive player - I agree with listen2me on this

The point is...you both are right because whoever they take will help. Too many gaps to fix

did this man outta the words of this post not come off as saying Brickshaw would the pick (but we all know he wont be there) but after BRick TE would be a huge NEED position and Huff isnt really the choice?

we all know Brick is gone by then ...the kid is the biggest lock in the draft....and in most years would go number 1 overall.....so his pick was basically V Davis with saying how much a TE is needed and that Hawk would most likley be gone... :wacko:

I said I'd prefer D'Brickshaw to Huff, and Hawk to Huff. Why you have such a hard time grasping that is a total mystery. It's right there in B&W.

You also seem to think that a guy who'se missed 2+ of his last 4 seasons is "one of the best TEs in the NFL" based on one fluke-ish season.

A TE like Davis gives the Niners an offensive outlet for A.Smith, and someone who can pass protect. Both of which are HUGE needs for this team. Now, do I want this as the top priority? Maybe so...I think it's a worthwhile pick and adds a potential playmaker. Something that lacklustre offense desperately needs. But I would rather have D'Brickshaw than Davis, and I would rather have Hawk to Davis.

But as I also said - it's waaaaay too early to tell. Let's see what Nolan does on D with FA 1st. Hell, maybe he picks up a TE somewhere between now & then.

Time will tell. Now please mr informed - enlighten me further as to why Eric Johnson is the future at TE for the Niners. :thumbsdown:

How about this you two - - SanFran takes the best o-line man - I agree with scooter on this

SanFran takes - the best defensive player - I agree with listen2me on this

The point is...you both are right because whoever they take will help. Too many gaps to fix

right you are. :banana:

although I wouldn't say too many....they have a lot of $ and a lot of draft picks.