Sign in to follow this  
Guest stevejohnson

Mike Vick......This is a make or break year for him

Guest Mr.T
I'm arguing real life. But if we were arguing fantasy, I wouldn't want him on my team either.

For fantasy purposes, he's a viable starter.

What is your definition of a quality real life quarterback? I realize you've been subjected to the likes of Pennington for the past several seasons so your concept of quality is questionable. Do wins count, or is that not the job of the qb?

"BOOOYAH!" I hope you are kidding! That cross eyed roach Stewart Scott and his "BOOYAHS" are the most annoying thing in all of sports!

No, i was more in line with Jim Cramer in Mad Money!!!

BOYAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :first:

Glad to see you back Skinny. We had some fun with this topic last year didn't we. :thumbsup:

We sure did...what's that tool Scooter..

We sure did...what's that tool Scooter..

Ahhh, what would FFT be without our resident Vick aplogist.

Come now Skinny - tell us all about how he's a winner, so he's a great QB. :thumbsup:

Ahhh, what would FFT be without our resident Vick aplogist.

Come now Skinny - tell us all about how he's a winner, so he's a great QB. :blink:

HAH! Scooter you get my number one Vick hater award for...

and now 2006... :first:

You da fock'n man!

BTW, i have Vick projected as a TOP 5 QB this year. What to fart on it? :blink:

HAH! Scooter you get my number one Vick hater award for...

and now 2006... :wub:

You da fock'n man!

BTW, i have Vick projected as a TOP 5 QB this year. What to fart on it? :wub:

Man I missed this place. :wub:

I actually think Vick has a chance to be better this year. Roddy White and Michael Jenkins started to develop the last part of the season and will only get better with more experience. Crumpler is a stud and the running game with Dunn, Duckett and Vick is very solid so I believe Vick could throw for 20 TD's, maybe more, and run for 5 more in 2006.

ZERO chance of Vick ever throwing 20 td's. He could have Moss and Jerry Rice in his prime and still never hit 20.

Vick is a total stud...Just not from a QB perspective.

Nobody can argue his atleticism, so what do you do?

Make him a WR? does he have good hands?

Make him a RB? I doubt he could hold up a season without getting injured.

Make him a CB? Kick / Punt returner? Worked for D. Sanders

Keep him at QB? You kind of have to, I guess. Keep him in the spotlight as much as possible to keep the stands filled and the jerseys selling, like someone else already said.

Pretty sad, really...I'd like to see him excel at some position in football rather then excelling at herpes donations in the Atlanta area...

I actually think Vick has a chance to be better this year. Roddy White and Michael Jenkins started to develop the last part of the season and will only get better with more experience. Crumpler is a stud and the running game with Dunn, Duckett and Vick is very solid so I believe Vick could throw for 20 TD's, maybe more, and run for 5 more in 2006.

Here are my projections for Mr. Vick this year.

Passing Yds: 3000

Passing TD: 28

Rushing Yds: 1000

Rushing TD: 10

This looks about right. :banana:

This looks about right. :thumbsup:

Skinny...dude...put the pipe down...get off the rock. We're all worried about you, I'm seriously. :P

This looks about right. :doublethumbsup:

Skinny I told myself not to get involed in this but since you need help, here I am.

First: Vick will not pass for over 3,000 yards this year and there is a safe bet that he never will in his career.

Second: Vick if he has a great year should have about 20 passing TDs.

Third: His rushing days for close to a 1,000 yards are over as I stated last year before the season started that he would be lucky to reach 600 yards rushing he reached 597 yards. Since Philadelphia shut him down the teams finally realized that to contain Vick you have come at him wide forcing him in the middle and stop him from reaching the corners.

Fourth: He probably will rush for about 4 Tds.

Fifth: He dosen't win games anymore since he lost 7 regular season games last year which gave him an 8 - 7 record.

Sixth: If he has a good year he probably will end up ranked around 16th or 17th for QBs.

The real loser here Is Coach Mora with him being forced to play Vick at QB. I mean how many number 1 draft picks must he waste on top receivers who never get the ball, how many assistant coaches must he fire so Vick can fake it another year. Vick is a fraud and anyone who knows football can see it. Just look at the Pro Bowl "which he shouldn't have been there because Brunnell had a way better year", anyhow he is about to get sacked so he throws a ball up in the air and Fitzgerald out jumped 2 defenders to grab the ball and Vick goes down there yelling like he made a great play. I don't like him because he is a fraud and a phony and selfish he is not I repeat he is not a Team Player. :doh:

This looks about right. :thumbsdown:

Can I get some of what you are smoking?????

Great NFL qb for the talent around him, but horrible fantasy qb. I predict similiar stats to last years.

Mr. Captain,

To say that he will never pass for 3,000 yards is a bit premature. In 02-03 he did throw for 2,936 in 15 starts.

He have historically averaged 60 yards per game so hitting 1,000 rushing yards look about right. Why did i project higher TD numbers this year? Because i think Atlanta's Defense have been exposed last year and it looks to me Vick will need to throw more and use his game breaking skillz to keep things close. His INT numbers will also be up dramatically.

Skinny...dude...put the pipe down...get off the rock. We're all worried about you, I'm seriously. :wall:

And No, i ain't sharing sh?t with you... :angry: